ADVERTISEMENT

They'll never learn!!!

paul from philly

Dec 9, 2010
The Democratic party had better learn how to talk to everyday people if they want to stay afloat. All of the special elections held since the republicans took over have been won by the Republicans. Georgia is just the latest. I heard some sound bites from Osoff and he falls into the same category as Clinton fell into. Talking down to people. Driving into work this morning, I was listening to KYW (2, 3, 4 times a day) when they played a statement made by Democratic Mayor Kenny of Philadelphia talking to a group of refugees. He said, "There are more of us who support you, respect you and wish you well then those ignorant people who do not." Now I have my reasons for not wanting a flood of refugees coming to the USA and I don't consider myself ignorant for having those reasons. The one thing I have failed to hear from either party when making a point is "Geez I never thought of it from that point of view. Let me think about it and get back to you." That would be refreshing, don't you think??

LIBERTARIAN 2018

Last edited:
The Democratic party had better learn how to talk to everyday people if they want to stay afloat. All of the special elections held since the republicans took over have been won by the Republicans. Georgia is just the latest. I heard some sound bites from Osoff and he falls into the same category as Clinton fell into. Talking down to people. Driving into work this morning, I was listening to KYW (2, 3, 4 times a day) when they played a statement made by Democratic Mayor Kenny of Philadelphia talking to a group of refugees. He said, "There are more of us who support you, respect you and wish you well then those ignorant people who do not." Now I have my reasons for not wanting a flood of refugees coming to the USA and I don't consider myself ignorant for having those reasons. The one thing I have failed to hear from either party when making a point is "Geez I never thought of it from that point of view. Let me think about it and get back to you." That would be refreshing, don't you think??

LIERTTARIAN 2018
Good points Paul. Ossof actually reminded me of Incapabama, with the "talk down" and the sound bites that work on the less educated. Only problem is that a lot of people have wised up to liberalism.

It is truly amazing what libs have done in favor of illegal immigrants/refugees, etc., even going as far as what Los Angeles did by setting aside $10 million to help defend illegals who were facing deportation.

Paul both were long time republican held seats in deeply red areas. Dems never stood a chance so there's no talking point. FoxNews probably made a big deal about it, but the outcome was always expected.

Paul both were long time republican held seats in deeply red areas. Dems never stood a chance so there's no talking point. FoxNews probably made a big deal about it, but the outcome was always expected.

So the Democrats just funneled 30 million dollars into a lost campaign?? Sorry Reluctant, can't buy that one. And if that were the case that shows a lack of respect for money on their part!!! How about that for a talking point.

I'm reading both parties that both parties spent $50 million. Was it "responsible" of the Republicans to spend that kind of money just because they won? Interesting logic.

So the Democrats just funneled 30 million dollars into a lost campaign?? Sorry Reluctant, can't buy that one. And if that were the case that shows a lack of respect for money on their part!!! How about that for a talking point.

It was the Dems making it an issue saying how it would be a substantial turnaround for the party. Things change but as they are now, that party is in a death spiral, evidenced by Republican control of 16 governorships and 32 state legislatures. It is a failed party and it’s showing across our country in real numbers.
The last stronghold, California, will eventually go down with more programs like the 10 million legal fund approved in LA county with other cities where illegals are protected joining in. No wonder their population growth continues to slow with “no growth” on the near horizon, probably the 2020 census.

A failed party

Paul?

"Geez, that's an interesting point of view. Let me think about it and get back to you!" See how that works. I'm going to think about it, without name calling and try to have a discussion.
Now even you said that it was a done deal. It was a true Red county and there was never a hope of winning for the Dems. You said that, not me. So why spend all that money?? I thought it was going to be a true test for the Republicans, so they needed to spend the money. I think because the Dems lost you were trying to down play it as a foregone conclusion. I never thought that. In today's political world there is no foregone conclusion!

In your long winded reply you've accuse me of two things I didn't do. Name call or say the dems had any chance at those seats. At the end of the day the hillbillies are always going to come out and blindly vote for their party.

In your long winded reply you've accuse me of two things I didn't do. Name call or say the dems had any chance at those seats. At the end of the day the hillbillies are always going to come out and blindly vote for their party.

I know you said the Dems had no shot. That was my point! I don't know if I would want you as my campaign manager. For a true Red county, as you called it, to only produce 52% of the vote, I'd say that they could have won it. And you just called everyone who voted for the Republican candidate a "Hillbilly"!! I'd have to classify you as a true Democrat. You talk down to people without realizing it. And by the way, I don't think my reply was long winded at all.

Yes yes because the party that pushes for healthcare and education and living wages is of course the elite. Not the party pushing for tax cuts.

Yes yes because the party that pushes for healthcare and education and living wages is of course the elite. Not the party pushing for tax cuts.
You're straying Reluctant but let's hear it. What is a living wage, good healthcare and education....and how do we pay for it?

For what we pay in taxes right now we could all have Universal Healthcare. Maybe we drop a few less bombs, build a few less bombers. The money is there.

Looking at this thread about 10 days later, reluctant (to read) complains about a long-winded reply after Paul's post takes up only 6.5 lines. Some people just aren't meant to read.

And then reluctant goes on to call the electorate in GA-6 hillbillies. I'd like to know how many times you've been to this area of Georgia or if you could even identify it on a map. With towns like Alpharetta, where the median household income is over $75,000 a year, this district might not be all hillbillies, reluctant. But, we will still defer to you and your expertise on US demographics, income levels, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT