ADVERTISEMENT

The week 4 aint over too early point standings and comments post....

District1Supporter

Sep 21, 2015
1. DTW- 4-0 470
Their 61-20 explosion sets up an epic clash next week with Coatesville. Does anyone have any idea where this one is going to be played? Ill be at this one for sure!
2 DTE 4-0 460
Shut out Avon Grove 38-0 and it wasnt even that close. They take on Unionville this week so the game should be much close. Clark the head at Unionville always has his kids ready to play in the big game but Im going with DTE and their giant TE!
3. QTOWN 4-0 470
As I stated in my 1st post QTOWN was going to expose Tennent and make them look like a JV team. 49-0 with 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter would suggest that I was right. Qtown has not even begun to use their QB as much as they will in big games. He hit a couple of zone reads and looked good throwing going 4-4 or something close. They play Norristown and I expect the same or close to the same results only not in the first half
4. COATESVILLE 4-0 440
Its going to be a great game this week!! Cant wait!
5. UDUB 4-0 440
UDUB will continue to roll through their conference schedule and will only be tested by PW who stands at 4-0 right now. But it still may not be that much of a challenge, UD is that good. Could this be the year that an SOL American team goes farther then the second round like Wiss did a few years back upsetting DTE but eventually falling to district champ Coatesville? All signs point to yes. They will mercy rule AA springfield this week. As I stated early only concern is being battle tested.
6. PW 4-0 440
PW is on a collision course with UDUB for the American Conference Championship. They play Wissahickon this week who lost to AA Springfield and is reeling with their head coach being suspended or fired or what ever is going on down there in Ambler.
7. GARNET VALLEY 3-1 440
They destroyed Lower Merion and sources tell me Lower merion only dressed 23 kids, at a 4a school?? What?? Garnet, plays Springfield Delco this week and should get to 4-1. Problem with their schedule is all of the 3as on it. Hurts them in the point standings.
8. PERK VALLEY 3-1 440
High powered offense rolled again this week. They will be undefeated going into their Springford game that will set up for the league title. Only possible slip up could be Boyertown. They mixed up with Springford a little last night but couldnt sustain anything.
9. CB EAST- 4-0 440? Assuming they beat CR NORTH
East team is deep and most importantly they play defense and play it well. That is why I give them the win vs CR north
10. PENNSBURY 3-1 410
They rolled over a Souderton team that appears to have no identity on Offense and is very vanilla on defense. Pennsbury will get to 4-1 easily this week as they play Abington who is playing Neshaminy Monday night...............who the heck came up with that schedule????? Either way it looks like hte ground and pound is back
11. UNONVILLE 3-1 410
DTW west wins
12. HAVERFORD 3-1 370
They should carry a 4-1 record into their tussle with Garnet in two weeks.
13. TENNENT
Will drop out of top 16 fast. Same results vs CR NORTH next week
14. CR SOUTH 2-2
Will lose maybe one more game the rest of the way. Very strong upfront on both sides of the ball. They play East this week in which the winner should have the inside track to the Continental title. Should be a great game.
15. NPENN 2-2
No where close in points but if they dont win the National they will still end up 7-3. They play CB South this week and will mercy rule them

Missed Upper Darby at 3-1

Last edited:
CR-North holds on to beat CB-East 26-21. Some thought the Continental was wide open, not so much after this weekend. It will come down to the CRS-Quakertown game.

Heading out to Downingtown next Saturday is not a bad idea. A little Victory Brewing Co. beforehand is mighty tempting.

District 1 AAA is down to four unbeaten teams followed by four (3-1) teams filling out the top 8.

T1 Academy Park (4-0) 470 points
T1 Marple Newtown (4-0) 470 points
3 Pottstown Area (4-0) 460 points
4 Great Valley (4-0) 450 points
5 Randor (3-1) 380 points
6 Upper Moreland (3-1) 350 points
7 Chichester (3-1) 330 points
8 Interboro (3-1) 310 points

9-13 are all (2-2) ranging from 290-270 points. In order; Bishop Shanahan, Springfield-Delco, Pottsgrove, Upper Merion, & Penncrest.

Cheers,

Busch

You mentioned but forgot Neshaminy 2-1 who plays Abington tonight. Based on the ghastly Ghost performance thus far, projecting a win, as in CBE (which didn't work out) they should be in there. But I understand that the game hasn't been played yet.

I shouldn't dismiss CB-East's chances prematurely. They turned the ball over 5 times and still almost won. East @ CR-South is a huge game this Friday. CBE does not want to start 0-2 in the conference and South can't afford a 3rd loss in relation to districts. Especially since both still play Quakertown.

The continental is wide open. After watching North vs East I just cant write north off. They are better on Defense then they have been..........but thats not saying much. I see Npenn walking away with the National. Neshaminy just doesnt look like Neshaminy. Better then they were a year ago but maybe it takes some time to clean that up.

Busch, Upper Morelland will drop fast when they get into their league schedule, as evident last week when they lost to a 0-3 Hatboro Team. Academy Park looks really good. Hear rumors their head may bolt and go to Ridley

D1 -

I'm catching my breath and waiting to see how the Neshaminy cake pops out of that oven (it's a little early yet for me). But I do agree with you that they're showing us more than last year (and I have to say that they are just a fourth-quarter score away from taking the D-Town game and being 3-0). Still, it's not totally clear to me what they'll be this season (a little uneven against CR South - and Iron Marshal was right about getting slugged up the middle on D) while the Montclair club doesn't seem to be the team they were the last few seasons (perhaps they lost one too many of their stars as they seem a little "young" overall).

And you're liking North Penn - hmmm. No love for Pennsbury? They look like they have some players (course, they are snake bit when it comes to the Knights).

Anyway, we'll see soon enough.

The continental is wide open. After watching North vs East I just cant write north off. They are better on Defense then they have been..........but thats not saying much.

You could be right in reference to CRN for a little while. The schedule is in their favor right now. They should be 5-0 in league play heading into the last two against Quakertown and CRS. I can't see them winning either of the last two, although anything can happen in that North-South game.

If CRS wins this week, I still say their game against Quakertown will be a winner take all for the Continental.

You could be right in reference to CRN for a little while. The schedule is in their favor right now. They should be 5-0 in league play heading into the last two against Quakertown and CRS. I can't see them winning either of the last two, although anything can happen in that North-South game.

If CRS wins this week, I still say their game against Quakertown will be a winner take all for the Continental.
I was very surprised that CRN was able to beat CBEast last week. IMO CBEast will be a spoiler ,not so much a contender. The two times I saw them they were hard hitting and I am a big fan of the RB Gibson. I think he will win some post season recognition .

Busch, Upper Morelland will drop fast when they get into their league schedule, as evident last week when they lost to a 0-3 Hatboro Team. Academy Park looks really good. Hear rumors their head may bolt and go to Ridley

You most likely will see a similar drop from Chichester as well. Keep in mind this week that Glen Mills and Chi both have bye weeks so I will calculate points based on AVERAGE. I'll still show total points, but teams will be ranked according to average points per game played. Most will have five some will have four.

AP seems to control their own destiny in the regular season. Their is a whole other thread dedicated to the Ridley HC. My only point was that Vosheski grew a program from ground up and obviously his players have bought in.

Cheers,

Busch

Council Rock South is ge best team in the Contintental imo. They hung real tough against Pennsbury and Neshaminy. That is no small feat. Add to that two very convincing wins and you have to think they are better than North, and CRN beat CB East so why not pick them?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT