ADVERTISEMENT

The Recruiting Zone

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what colleges are recruiting Chase Pensyl, Brady Mayo, Ethan Shawley, Nolan DiLucia, and Fenton Kulp now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Shamokin Area athlete Chase Pensyl​

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I do want to play at the next level, competing for football and/or track & field.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I have been in contact with around 40 schools ranging from Rhode Island to South Carolina for both Track and Football.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“UNCW has been recruiting me the hardest for T&F.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have not made a trip to any campuses yet, but I have a few planned for within the next couple months.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“Yes.”

Have you done any camps this off-season? How do you feel you performed?
“I have competed at SFU and thought I did very well, along with that I have a few more within the next couple weeks.”

Do you have any plans for camps ahead?
“Yes, Yale and Bucknell as of now.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My favorite team growing up was Penn State.”

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Beaver athlete Brady Mayo​

“I’m definitely going to play football or basketball in college. It will just depend on how recruiting works out.”

“I’ve been getting recruited by a lot of Patriot League and NEC schools in football. In basketball, it’s been mostly Patriot League and PSAC schools.”

“I would probably say Navy. I’ve been there on both football and basketball unofficial visits.”

“I haven’t taken any official visits yet.”

“We have three HGSL tournaments in July, so I won’t have any time to make other trips until August.”

“I went to camps at Pitt, RMU, and Lehigh. I’m pleased with my numbers. I ran a 4.50 40 and a 4.20 5-10-5.”

“I won’t be attending any more camps. My focus will be on preparing for the HS football season and playing well in the HGSL basketball events.”

“My favorite college growing up has been Pitt.”

Q&A with Giebel Catholic linebacker Ethan Shawley​

“Yes, I want to be a collegiate athlete. I want to play football.”

“I’ve had a couple D1 colleges reach out such as RMU, Saint Francis, and Morehead State, and I’ve talked to PSAC schools such as Slippery Rock, Cal, IUP, Clarion and a couple others.”

“I’d definitely say Slippery Rock is recruiting me the hardest and showing the most interest as of late.”

“Yes, this spring I was at RMU, Saint Francis, Morehead State, Cal, and Clarion.”

“I think I’m done with trips this summer until the season. I just finished my last camp and I think I need to be focused on performing this season.”

“Yes I attended some camps this offseason. I attended RMU, Slippery Rock, Morehead State, and Saint Francis. I think I performed ok at them. There's always things to improve on and I don’t believe that camps and 7on7’s are the best way to show your talent. I don’t think that’s real football, real football is when you have to hit people but going to the camps and 7on7’s are very important and they teach you a lot.”

“No, I just finished my last camp and now am just going to prepare myself for the season.”

“Penn State is my family and my favorite team for sure. My room is Penn State-themed, my walls are navy blue and white and so is our basement.”

Q&A with Peters Township quarterback Nolan DiLucia​

“Yes, I want to play football in college.”

“I have talked to a bunch like Miami Ohio, Yale, West Virginia, Boston College, Virginia Tech.”

“Either Yale or Miami Ohio.”

“I have been on campus from camps.”

“I’ll be at Yale and Miami, Ohio this month.”

“Yes I’ve been to a couple and they went well. I think I’m still doubted by the coaches so they will see once this season comes around.”

“[Yes on] July 26th.”

“I liked WVU, PSU and Pitt but never truly was a diehard favorite.”

Q&A with West Chester East running back/linebacker Fenton Kulp​

“I would like to go to a nice college and football be the cherry on top based on my love for the college.”

“Harding, F&M, Marist etc.”

“I believe Harding University is recruiting me the hardest.”

“I’ve made trips down to Harding, up to Marist and UPenn.”

“I plan to take trips to F&M and back down to Harding for Camp.”

“I played at the Marist exposure camp, I feel I played ok coming off an injury and plan to play better soon.”

“Harding University on July 20th.”

“I didn’t have any particular bias to any college growing up.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.