ADVERTISEMENT

Temple 27 - Penn State 10

ChesmontLeague1

Jul 26, 2012
Agreed w Relayer that board is very quiet. Congrats to Temple on the historic win and hope this helps towards recruits and stadium cause.

Fun time at the Linc with a big crowd attending, close to if not sold out. Really jammed getting in the place even an hour early parking above Citizens Bank....gouged for 20 bucks but a beautiful day for a hike on crowded sidewalks. Huge crowd!
About the game, plain and simple PSU didn't look terrible, they were terrible. The play calling was unimaginative (this ain't Vanderbilt coach!) behind an O-Line that was often nonexistent. Labeling this an upset is a reach as Temple was clearly the better team. Christian Sackenberg was dumped 9 or 10 times by our count, at one point with only 3 rushing. Temple dominated them, yielding only 53 yds of 180 tot after 1st qtr.
Bowl eligibility? Can't slip next 5 vs Buf, Rut, SDSU, Army, Ind all at home before getting crushed at OSU, then (n)MD, (h)Illinois preceding what looks like 3 losses at NW, (h)Mich, at MSU.

The Owls are on the rise

Beat the Bearcats

Coach,
Your pre-season prognostication was on target, somewhat surprising to most of the masses. Congrats..

Saw your boy on the sidelines, don't expect him to supplant the starter baring injury but would be nice to see him get some playing time before all said and done.

Reactions: littleguyscoach
Penn State is still feeling the effects of very bad OL recruiting from Paterno's last 2 years and O'Brien. Franklin's four RS FR OL from his 1st recruiting class are not ready yet...obviously neither are his true FR. There's just not alot of competition for those 5 OL spots right now. Right now Palmer is just a turnstile and the other 4 guys are average. Its going to take a couple more years for them. Temple was WAAAYYYY better.

I've also heard the same criticisms of the offense they're running. But its their system so I doubt they change it. More likely since Hackenberg is leaving anyway, its not unreasonable to expect them to pull him in favor of McSorley. The question is when in my mind. He really can't do any worse.

It could be a painful year for the Nittany Lions.

Bill OBrien got more out of his team w less talent. Hackenberg went from a almost a pro lock down to a current risky nfl pick. Sure a terrible line but he showed he gets rattled after a few hits. The team is either gonna suck it up (finish 8-4) or be lucky to hit .500. Sorry but Franklin looks like a fraud. I hope PSU gives him another year or two to bring in his team.

Bill OBrien got more out of his team w less talent. Hackenberg went from a almost a pro lock down to a current risky nfl pick. Sure a terrible line but he showed he gets rattled after a few hits. The team is either gonna suck it up (finish 8-4) or be lucky to hit .500. Sorry but Franklin looks like a fraud. I hope PSU gives him another year or two to bring in his team.

Less talent? Hardly. Lets look at the 2012 team:

Matt McGloin - Oakland Raiders
Allen Robinson - Jacksonville Jaguars
Garry Gilliam - Seattle Seahawks
Jesse James - Pittsburgh Steelers
John Urschel - Baltimore Ravens
Donovan Smith - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Daquan Jones - Tennessee Titans
Jordan Hill - Seattle Seahawks
Gerald Hodges - Minnesota Vikings
Adrian Amos - Chicago Bears
Mike Mauti - New Orleans Saints
Deion Barnes - NY Jets (practice squad)
Brad Bars - NY Giants (practice squad)
Mike Hull - Miami Dolphins (practice squad)

That's a lot of talent he inherited from Paterno. The fact is if Bill O'Brien had a kicker on his first team, they would have won 10 games.

Too early to tell if Franklin's a fraud. He only has 2 recruiting classes on campus...and the OL cupboard was bone dry.

Reactions: lilromeo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT