ADVERTISEMENT

Staying put.

paul from philly

Dec 9, 2010
La Salle just came out with their schedule. No travelling to Jersey or Maryland this year. Staying home! Reversing course??

La Salle just came out with their schedule. No travelling to Jersey or Maryland this year. Staying home! Reversing course??
Disappointed that They are not part of the PCL challenges with N Jersey and MD top teams. I think LaSalle is in a downtrend in football. Too bad Drew left .

Disappointed that They are not part of the PCL challenges with N Jersey and MD top teams. I think LaSalle is in a downtrend in football. Too bad Drew left .

Not so much a culture change as it is a culture swing. I think Steinmetz is fine but he won't be getting the horses as before.

Paul, I did see where LaSalle is playing a team from N Jersey at Upper Dublin this year ,so I stand corrected on that .

Paul, I did see where LaSalle is playing a team from N Jersey at Upper Dublin this year ,so I stand corrected on that .

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/la-salle-college-explorers-(wyndmoor,pa)/football/schedule.htm

I just saw that on Aug 24 they play Pope John the 23rd and Imhotep. Not sure what that's all about. I think the Pope John game is a scrimmage because of the location (at the school) and I would think Imhotep is a real game being played at the stadium at Upper Dublin. There is no mention of Pope John the 23rd on their home site.

Last edited:
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/la-salle-college-explorers-(wyndmoor,pa)/football/schedule.htm

I just saw that on Aug 24 they play Pope John the 23rd and Imhotep. Not sure what that's all about. I think the Pope John game is a scrimmage because of the location (at the school) and I would think Imhotep is a real game being played at the stadium at Upper Dublin. There is no mention of Pope John the 23rd on their home site.
Thanks for the link, Paul. Looks like Maxpreps got something wrong with that August weekend. In any case, it does look like a somewhat less ambitious schedule than those of the last several years.

Paul, the PJPII game was tentative, and fell through.

Imhotep replaced PJPII on the schedule.

Non-league schedule is local but strong, with Imhotep, North Penn, Malvern Prep, and Haverford.

Two home games at Upper Dublin, and one back at Springfield on Homecoming, and only one at P-W. Two games with Interac opponents for the first time ever. Maybe some foretelling of the future.

Paul, the PJPII game was tentative, and fell through.

Imhotep replaced PJPII on the schedule.

Non-league schedule is local but strong, with Imhotep, North Penn, Malvern Prep, and Haverford.

Two home games at Upper Dublin, and one back at Springfield on Homecoming, and only one at P-W. Two games with Interac opponents for the first time ever. Maybe some foretelling of the future.

The Wizard is the Man!!! "Go to Guy"!!

Not so much a culture change as it is a culture swing. I think Steinmetz is fine but he won't be getting the horses as before.

One can argue "change or swing", one can't argue there has been a de-emphasis of football's importance at the school, and to a certain degree, sports in general.... despite the new turf fields and cosmetics. I'm fully aware that the baseball and lacrosse teams are still alive in state play this spring. Don't let the number of hubcaps deceive you, football is still the marquis sport at the high school level, basketball not far behind...but behind.

John Steinmetz is a really good man, Brett Gordon is tops but they're not attracting and/or offering enough tuition relief (assumption?) for the quality and quantity of footballers they once had and that which would be required to be competitive with SJP. Perhaps LS is not in a financial position to offset what is evident "down south", I wouldn't know anymore. Drew saw it coming, the tide turned several years ago, '15 was an anomaly, albeit a wonderful display of grittiness combined with good fortune.

This directional transformation by no means diminishes the program building, strive for excellence, the desire to win and accomplishments achieved by Coach Infante, and strongly supported by Prep administration. Currently and til further notice, SJP football is the Alabama of the PCL and will continue to be favorites/contenders for state gold at 6A. One can only admire their successes from afar..

Last edited:
Guys-

Is it true Gordon stepped down at the banquet?

Also, strong word Marvin Harrsion transferring to prep?
Outstanding WR SR out for season?

If these are true and the loss of 16-17 senior starters from last years 3rd place Red division finish, this could be a very tough year...

Guys-

Is it true Gordon stepped down at the banquet?

Also, strong word Marvin Harrsion transferring to prep?
Outstanding WR SR out for season?

If these are true and the loss of 16-17 senior starters from last years 3rd place Red division finish, this could be a very tough year...

I hear all the above are true..

I hear all the above are true..
Any hard evidence that Harrison is transferring to the Prep? If he does, there won't be much pressure on him next year with all the Prep has returning on offense, including Freeman and Rightley.

Just lot's of rumors from many different places, including the player, but if it is to happen, one would think it would be soon.

Any hard evidence that Harrison is transferring to the Prep? If he does, there won't be much pressure on him next year with all the Prep has returning on offense, including Freeman and Rightley.

Tulla,
All 2nd/3rd hand info.... Just heard Brett was offered and accepted a new job opportunity which would preclude him from the normal time commitments of football coaching this year.

As for Harrison Jr... no hard evidence, just from some friends still connected with LS citing that narrative. Guess we'll see??

Hope you've be well Tulla, my best to your family...

Tulla,
All 2nd/3rd hand info.... Just heard Brett was offered and accepted a new job opportunity which would preclude him from the normal time commitments of football coaching this year.

As for Harrison Jr... no hard evidence, just from some friends still connected with LS citing that narrative. Guess we'll see??

Hope you've be well Tulla, my best to your family...
Thanks, Yesman. Hope you're doing OK too.

The Harrison rumor turned out to be true. He's with the Prep guys in Syracuse and the Prep tweeted his photo on the trip:

DgFAV2GW4AELkhn.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT