ADVERTISEMENT

St Joes 34, Parkland 30- FINAL

PennStateNate

Feb 2, 2014
NT

This post was edited on 11/29 3:29 PM by PennStateNate

This post was edited on 11/29 3:46 PM by PennStateNate

Re: St Joes 34, Parkland 30- 4:21 LEFT

For those watching, local writers going crazy after an uncalled false start on 4th and 1 before the SJP touchdown to take the lead. Overblown, or bad call?

Awful missed call, swift too a step and a half forward

Yo Rover, if it was a break for St. Joes Prep it would be a rare break for a Phila. team.

Looks like 34-30 final. Sounds like a much better showing from Parkland than anticipated, but the stretch of D11 futility lives on.

Re: Good win Prep

As always, the lead-off whiner is shoe, whose teams can't get off the snide.

I was there. Horrible missed call. The very next play prep scored to take the lead, and ultimately win the game. It was clear Parkland wanted the prep to be to beat them. They did a very nice job shutting down the running game. The prep certainly looked vulnerable today. If I were Pennsbury I would stack the box and force the QB to beat me next week. But you have to give prep credit, when Parkland went ahead the prep never panicked. You could see the experience.

Who's the Prep player from Delaware or is that just a line you use several times a year?

Tulla, pay no real attention to Shoe, he is on here strictly for our amusement

The last time I checked tri means three. What is the third state that feeds SJP? Just curious.

Tough game - just some modest observations:

SJP clearly has limitations with a number of injuries as well as some good dings that happened during the game.
The Refs clearly were not throwing the laundry. That seemed apparent from start of the game.
Parkland is extremely tough and fast and very well coached. Speaking of dings, #15 is a beast and looked like he had a calf issue or he would have had a field day.
For my buddy, JBPAin, the SJP crowd was almost equal to Parkland and yes, homecoming is tonight.
Lastly, Shoe is an a$$ can.

I keep reading across the state boards that Prep got a gift on an illegal motion on 4th down. Can anyone give me an objective opinion if watching the broadcast or who was there regarding the call.

The Prep student on the radio broadcast said the Prep caught a break on the play and there should have been a 5-yard penalty. We'll never know what would have happened had the call been made, but it's not like a phantom interference call on a 4th down incompletion where a non-call would have resulted in a turn-over on downs. This is the first time I can remember the Prep getting such a break in a big game.

From this Prep fan...it was a gift! There were no calls all day and this could be one of the worst officiating groups I have seen. Unfortunately for Parkland it went both ways and this one gave the Prep a first down. Can't blame the Prep.... what do you do tell the ref there was a motion penalty and let's replay the down?

I could argue two of the Parkland 1st downs were gifts with a no holding on their screens. Those first downs resulted in 13 points but they were part of the no calls all day!

One of the other classics was the shanked punt that hit the Parkland cheerleader at the 45 but the ref marked it at the 35!

Although there was that one sideline judge that was determined to throw a sideline violation on someone on the Prep side while Parkland coaches operated all day long 10 yards on the field.

Regardless:

I applaud the Parkland players and coaches, they were up for the task today! Congratulations on a great season!!![/I]

Thank you tulla, you have always been fair in all your posts. Good luck next week.

A few observations:

1. What a great high school football game.
2. The refs let both teams play, but the Prep was the beneficiary of one call, one non-call:
-Pass interference call on Parkland that was a gift. Set up Zaccheus TD.
-Everyone but the ref saw the RB jump offside.
3. Saw 45 was limping. Prep could have gone I formation and pounded Parkland.
4. #15 from Parkland was a beast. Evident the Prep missed Reid there. Parkland QB a nice runner/passer as well.
5. Can't wait for next Saturday. Should/will be an epic game. Snorweah might the be most talented RB I have seen since Kevin Jones. I never saw Slaton play. Snorweah has a gear not many RBs have.

For anybody who had read my preview posts all year, I've said Yeboah (#15) will be the best WR recruit from the Lehigh Valley since Tim Massaquoi in 1999, who played at Michigan and then for the Buffalo Bills and Tampa Bay Bucs. He's a 6'5 215 pound sophomore who can run and jump and has great body control. Couple him with an FCS receiver in Elder and a potential FBS quarterback (Cross has been visited at school by Penn State) and they had the weapons in the passing game to win a state playoff game. The coaching staff has a head coach and defensive coordinator who have been to 7 state championship games and won 3 titles and an offensive coordinator who holds every Division II passing record and was the national player of the year. Parkland is not a walk over of a program and it's disappointing they couldn't get it done. I know Reid was hurt, but Parkland was missing 6'5 265 pound d-end/left tackle Noel Brouse , who is an FBS defensive end recruit and Parklsnd's best offensive lineman (tore his labrum in district finals last week). Still, third time in six years D11 had had the ball with a chance to take a lead/ tie and could not get points. We need to step our game up.

Parkland brings back almost everybody, they should be right in the mix next year and a heavy D11 favorite.

15 is a sophomore? Whoa. That kid has TALENT. So did the kicker. Prep was a little stronger in the trenches and at RB but if Parkland returns the QB and WR my lord are they going to be a threat next year.

Yeah, Yeboah is in 10th grade. Insane talent. He doesn't have a great route tree yet, but you can't teach the physical skills. He's as good if not better than Massaquoi at this stage. He'll go wherever the hell he wants.

Parkland brings back him, the QB, running bavk#21, the 6'3 290 pound guard is a sophomore , Brouse the 6'5 265 de/tackle who didn't play today, two linebackers, two in the secondary, another on the offensive line. Easton gets crushed by graduation and is an abortion in November, parkland will be the clear favorite to make it back.

The kicker is going to lafayette. We're thrilled to get him, I'm pretty surprised he didn't have offers from bigger schools.

Yes, Terwilliger is the OC. I think he did a great job with Cross this year. From general scuttlebutt, he's Morgans eventual replacement. Tim Moncman (coach at Liberty from 2003-2009) is the DC, who I would give my left nut for Easton to hire. That's the advantage of being a healthy suburban school is you can pay top notch coaches as assistants. Still can't beat PCL schools however.

Obviously beyond frustrating to watch Easton hold this Parkland team under 100 yards of total offense and lose, then watch Parkland but up 400+ against SJP and lose. But we cant get out of our own goddamn way, even when we hold 15 to three catches for 24 yards.

I wouldn't bet on Terwilliger getting that job. Parkland usually plays it safe, so I believe Moncman will get the job. He is much easier to justify with his state title game appearances. The correct hire, to me, is Jim Terwilliger. He would make Parkland frightening. They are good now, really good sometimes, but with him in charge of the whole thing, down to the feeders, the program will really go nuts. They've had the quarterback position as an afterthought for a long time now. With Jim, it would be a priority, which would make them a threat in any game. Parkland as a district, has a nice mix of kids. People move into the district specifically because of athletics. It is a real estate selling point. My one kid having gone there, I can tell you that the academics are first rate too. It is a well run district.

Terwilliger had the single greatest play I have ever seen
It was in college. He played for E Stroudsburg.
4 th qt. 4th an 54! 54! Any ways ESU (terwilliger) drops back into endzone
To pass,He almost gets sacked 2 defenders hit him in the endzone
But Terwillger escaped. He then proceeded to run criss crossing
Downfield for a 55! Yard gain and 1 st down

I kid you not hit juke all 11 defenders on 1 play. And got the first down
You had to see it to believe it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT