ADVERTISEMENT

Spring-Ford over Ridley

Cuckolder

Sep 26, 2009
Dave Wood, consummate excuses (quote from papreplive)

Spring-Ford played extremely well in the second half,” said Ridley coach Dave Wood. “We lost one of our inside linebackers (Michael Cosella) to a broken arm, and we weren’t really the same after that. But I give credit to Coach Brubaker and his team.

“I was disappointed in the officials. That’s not to take away from Spring-Ford, I’m just disappointed in the discrepancy in penalties. I’d love to talk with [the officials], have the chance to go over those calls.”

First off, SF was whistled 9x and Ridley 11x, so not much of a discrepancy.

secondly, this loss is a lack of defense, which we’ve seen Woods entire tenure, and a lack of second half adjustments or in-game decision making.

remember,
coach wood owns 4 of only 5 Ridley defenses to ever give up over 18 points against per game. 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022 Ridley defenses are statistically the worst in Ridley history, accompanied by 1953, where 20+ ppg were scored against in each season. To put that in perspective, since 1934 Ridley defenses have averaged less than 14 points against in 72 seasons. There have been 89 seasons of Ridley football; coach woods defenses have ranked 88, 87, 85, 81, 78 and his best, 65.

This season Ridley has given up 239 points. As said, Ridley has played 89 seasons of football. In 81 of those seasons, defenses allowed 179 total points or less. 60 more points this season than the most points, 179, in 81 other seasons. And 179 was the most; there are seasons where Ridley gave up less than 100 points!

Dennis deckers average points against was 12.2. Battys, as head coach, not d coordinator, was 13.8. Waller, 10.5. McNich, 8.1. Woods is well over 20.

Not counting 2022, wood has 6 complete Ridley seasons, with a total of 1,420 points against. Less points were scored against Ridley in the entire decades of the 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 1990s, plus between 2000 - 2009 and between the 6 seasons of 2010 - 2015 (899 points). Basically, 2016 - 2021 has been the most heavily scored against 6 season era, even compared to every total decade since the 1930s, in Ridley history.

Last edited:
Dave Wood has NOT taken Ridley football anywhere, figuratively, not literally, as someone would say “well he’s taken them to Florida to play crestwood”, that Dennis Decker could not or has not and in my opinion has actually been head coach during an era when Ridley football has taken major steps backwards. This program would be in a much better position under Brian Thompson, Ralph Batty, Mike Ewing, John Ward, Vo or any number of coaches who have recently walked or applied to handle the Ridley sideline.
Dave Wood has NOT taken Ridley football anywhere, figuratively, not literally, as someone would say “well he’s taken them to Florida to play crestwood”, that Dennis Decker could not or has not and in my opinion has actually been head coach during an era when Ridley football has taken major steps backwards. This program would be in a much better position under Brian Thompson, Ralph Batty, Mike Ewing, John Ward, Vo or any number of coaches who have recently walked or applied to handle the Ridley sideline.
I can't believe Ridley lost that game. I don't think I've ever seen a slower white running back then number 20 "fish" for Springford have so much success. He gained more yards and sliped more tackles then he ever should have against a poor Ridley defense.

• Haha
Reactions: Aragorn
ADVERTISEMENT