ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Columbia vs Wyoming Area cancelled

So this is 1000% on the theme that right now football is placating adults and doing nothing to actually enhance the experience for the kids. I am fully convinced that most people out there will not actually read the entire article, but this game was cancelled because two teams dared to change the schedule after it was "issued". 4 teams agreed to rearrange their schedules (for the better of the kids by the way) but "word" of it got out prior to an official (how else to put it) "bending of the knee" by SC and Wyoming. So the conference threatened to sanction an entire athletic department because the football team dared to switch it up for what all the communities would agree would be a great match up. Look, we all need to conform to a schedule, but I think we can all agree that this is a pretty unusual team and circumstance. I'm sure the adults who organized the game would have liked to keep it under wraps so they could administratively handled it better but cmonnnnnnnnn.

So this is 1000% on the theme that right now football is placating adults and doing nothing to actually enhance the experience for the kids. I am fully convinced that most people out there will not actually read the entire article, but this game was cancelled because two teams dared to change the schedule after it was "issued". 4 teams agreed to rearrange their schedules (for the better of the kids by the way) but "word" of it got out prior to an official (how else to put it) "bending of the knee" by SC and Wyoming. So the conference threatened to sanction an entire athletic department because the football team dared to switch it up for what all the communities would agree would be a great match up. Look, we all need to conform to a schedule, but I think we can all agree that this is a pretty unusual team and circumstance. I'm sure the adults who organized the game would have liked to keep it under wraps so they could administratively handled it better but cmonnnnnnnnn.
Petty people make petty decisions, easily offended, getting feelings hurt in todays wuss ass touchy feely reality. And because there are a lot of petty people out there, many are susceptible to the multitude that love kissing up. Ok, now I can face the day, I guess.

It's on...…..7:00 Friday at Wyoming. Careful what you wish for Warriors! Good health and luck to both at 7-0.

Reactions: pclfan1
Is Wyoming area that kind of team, that they want to play so. Columbia, I know nothing about them, and what I mean are they on that level

Is Wyoming area that kind of team, that they want to play so. Columbia, I know nothing about them, and what I mean are they on that level

Hsfootball0311....check out the Mid-State writeup on Southern Columbia at #7 for a brief sketch of WA. To answer your question, Wyoming has not been consistent over the years. Not sure why such a big deal is being made of this game or why they've gone to such lengths to make it happen (schedule changes, hearings, etc) except of course for some bucks flowing into the local economy. Estimates range from 5000 to 7000 attending. Check out SCA's site below and google the topic for more current info. WA also has a FB website. It's high school ball so who knows, maybe we get a good game.
http://www.scatigerfootball.com/

As expected Southern Columbia slaughtered WA 42-0. It was a good game for about a quarter.

The bigger game up there was Dallas Area vs the Valley View Cougars. I think Valley View was ranked higher (and beat Dallas twice last year).

In a statement game, Dallas slaughtered Valley View 37-7 in an away game in Scranton. Their RB Lenny Kelley ran for 293 yards and 2 TD's. Maybe this is the year a D2 team competes with the BeCaHi's, ECP's and TJ's?

I've read many comments on SC this season. The consensus among those is SC could beat any team in the state. OK, outside of SJP, is there a school that SC could not beat? They are loaded at the skill positions.

I've read many comments on SC this season. The consensus among those is SC could beat any team in the state. OK, outside of SJP, is there a school that SC could not beat? They are loaded at the skill positions.

Yeah, SC has 4 B10 bound kids.

Julian Fleming WR - OSU
Gaige Garcia RB - Michigan
Cal Haladay LB - Michigan State
Preston Zachman LB - Wisconsin

Yes Relayer I believe there are a number of teams that unquestionably would beat them. They aren't the only team with good skill players and we all know they play in a conference where they rarely have ANY competition; in fact it's weak playing 2A and 3A teams. Imagine NPenn's, Coatesville's, D-West's, Freedom's, etc, etc stats against that.
They don't face the Coatesville's and Harrisburg area teams, ever, or ABE area, Philly, Pitt, Erie. Could they keep up? Could they handle Coatesville's front pressure?....have they faced DBs like theirs or CD's, people who know how to cover, defenses that know how to bring it, disguising their coverages, etc. CD keeps it's people fresh via depth, rotations. They haven't played a defense like Central Dauphin's or the balance and power of a team like Manheim Township. Could they cover both Kamere Day and Dionte Kent of Harrisburg with Jahmir Plant coming out of the backfield and Nacari Williams who is essentially their #2 Qb zinging it downfield or breaking loose with the speed of a receiver all the while taking a pounding from physical lines at Hburg, CD, Wilson, Township, 260-300, beating on you the whole game, then rotating in fresh troops. That's a different world than South Williamsport, Shamokin, Jersey Shore and Shik.
None of this is to take anything from SCA, but we shouldn't exaggerate because they have an good team blessed with great skill types. It helps but you don't have to have D1 talent, to be a great HS player or team.

Thanks for your thoughts Stalk. I was reading this thread on the PSU board about the game and SC.

https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/wyoming-area-vs-southern-columbia-tonight.248883/
Thank you, that was interesting. Remember when some tried to elevate Jeannette with Terrelle Pryor in 07 to super status? I've been following them and others since 2008 (?, remember the entire state write up that year?) and don't think this year's line is as good as past lines but that's just an opinion. They are certainly a great and special team. But some people just get carried away, or are "locals" full of pride for the home team, others for the little guy....and that's ok too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT