ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Columbia vs Hammond School; Today.....ESPN-2 at 2:00.

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
Here's the 2018 post season wrap up of Southern plus some info on Hammond.

Southern Columbia (16-0, 2A)

Like St. Joseph’s Prep and Downingtown West, and to a lesser degree State High and Manheim Central, they return a pile of starters for 2019. While Qb Stone Hollenback is gone after completing 64% for 1737 yards with a 28/4 Td/Pick ratio, their #2 is back in Preston Zachman (6-2, 205, 29/44/597, 66%, 8/1 ratio), who stepped in for Hollenback who missed almost half the year. All the backfield returns; Gaige Garcia (5-10, 210, 205/2042, 13/284 pass yards, Michigan), his younger brother Gavin Garcia (5-8, 165, 101/ 1179, 6/139 pass yards), Ty Roadarmel (5-11, 190, 74/417) and super receiver Julian Fleming (6-3, 210, 78/1524, OSU) who also had a 41 punting average. Two starting lineman return in OL/DL Lear Quinton (6-2, 220), OL/DL Cole Schankweiler (6-0, 280), two to the secondary and quality senior linebackers Cal Halladay (6-1, 190, 131 tackles, Mich St) and Max Tiller (6-0, 190, 123 tackles) plus Wade Kerstetter (5-11, 180, 74 tackles), their outstanding sophomore backer of last year. 6 (7?) O starters return and a quick group of 9 on defense. Unless another Double-A rises to the occasion, it looks like Southern will be the strong favorite to snag yet another state title.

**** They’re stepping up this year traveling to South Carolina to play the top private school in the state, Hammond, owner of 16 state titles. They’re a 3A in the SCISA (SC Independent School Asso.), almost always ranked in SC’s Top 20 with a 10 year won-loss of 117-10. Not as up on SC ball as GA-FL but they have been ranked among the best in state, including 6A Brynes (Duncan), Gaffney, South Pointe, Dutch Fork, Dorman, etc. Last year’s freshman back CJ Stokes (5-10, 175) is already turning heads and was offered by SC while senior DT Alex Hunley (6-4, 270) already committed to the Gamecocks. Senior DE Jordan Burch (6-5, 250) is the #1 ranked prospect by major services with all the SEC teams (visited Bama) lining up for a shot. Their Qb is Jackson Muschamp, son of USC’s head coach Will Mischamp. Williams-Brice stadium is maybe 5 miles from Hammond School. They’ve won 25 straight while Southern has won 32 so something has to give. SCA is quality stuff that would fit into the higher classifications in Pennsylvania in my view. But they need to brace for real speed and physicality not seen in the Heartland Conference vs Shamokin, Shikellamy and Central Columbia. Doesn’t mean they can’t play with these guys. This is a good group. Go Tigers.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilromeo
Here's the 2018 post season wrap up of Southern plus some info on Hammond.

Southern Columbia (16-0, 2A)

Like St. Joseph’s Prep and Downingtown West, and to a lesser degree State High and Manheim Central, they return a pile of starters for 2019. While Qb Stone Hollenback is gone after completing 64% for 1737 yards with a 28/4 Td/Pick ratio, their #2 is back in Preston Zachman (6-2, 205, 29/44/597, 66%, 8/1 ratio), who stepped in for Hollenback who missed almost half the year. All the backfield returns; Gaige Garcia (5-10, 210, 205/2042, 13/284 pass yards, Michigan), his younger brother Gavin Garcia (5-8, 165, 101/ 1179, 6/139 pass yards), Ty Roadarmel (5-11, 190, 74/417) and super receiver Julian Fleming (6-3, 210, 78/1524, OSU) who also had a 41 punting average. Two starting lineman return in OL/DL Lear Quinton (6-2, 220), OL/DL Cole Schankweiler (6-0, 280), two to the secondary and quality senior linebackers Cal Halladay (6-1, 190, 131 tackles, Mich St) and Max Tiller (6-0, 190, 123 tackles) plus Wade Kerstetter (5-11, 180, 74 tackles), their outstanding sophomore backer of last year. 6 (7?) O starters return and a quick group of 9 on defense. Unless another Double-A rises to the occasion, it looks like Southern will be the strong favorite to snag yet another state title.

**** They’re stepping up this year traveling to South Carolina to play the top private school in the state, Hammond, owner of 16 state titles. They’re a 3A in the SCISA (SC Independent School Asso.), almost always ranked in SC’s Top 20 with a 10 year won-loss of 117-10. Not as up on SC ball as GA-FL but they have been ranked among the best in state, including 6A Brynes (Duncan), Gaffney, South Pointe, Dutch Fork, Dorman, etc. Last year’s freshman back CJ Stokes (5-10, 175) is already turning heads and was offered by SC while senior DT Alex Hunley (6-4, 270) already committed to the Gamecocks. Senior DE Jordan Burch (6-5, 250) is the #1 ranked prospect by major services with all the SEC teams (visited Bama) lining up for a shot. Their Qb is Jackson Muschamp, son of USC’s head coach Will Mischamp. Williams-Brice stadium is maybe 5 miles from Hammond School. They’ve won 25 straight while Southern has won 32 so something has to give. SCA is quality stuff that would fit into the higher classifications in Pennsylvania in my view. But they need to brace for real speed and physicality not seen in the Heartland Conference vs Shamokin, Shikellamy and Central Columbia. Doesn’t mean they can’t play with these guys. This is a good group. Go Tigers.
29-0 at the half....Southern! Some kind of program.

Final 36-0 SCA.

Last edited:
29-0 at the half....Southern! Some kind of program.

Final 36-0 SCA.
They are fun to watch.They remind me of the recent Wood teams as well as the great CB West clubs. They are so well disciplined and execute as a machine on both offense and defense. They are very good and I might add Hammond did not look like a championship caliber club. AA belongs to these guys again this year. I would be shocked if they don't run the table.

They are fun to watch.They remind me of the recent Wood teams as well as the great CB West clubs. They are so well disciplined and execute as a machine on both offense and defense. They are very good and I might add Hammond did not look like a championship caliber club. AA belongs to these guys again this year. I would be shocked if they don't run the table.

Amen Lil, shocked if they don't run table. MCA could get dicey with a good team and will likely offer more than a disappointing Hammond team. But then I've always thought SCA was well under rated in state....as in their ability to play with quality 6A and 5A teams after seeing them. They're the real deal, Top 10 PA in my view.

For a small school, SC sure has a lot of solid football players. They have a lot of solid football players for a big school too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT