ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Columbia 48-0 Wilmington....nm

I have the tough time believing that this program is squeaky clean. No doubt they are well-coached and the culture is off the charts, but it just defies logic that so many quality freshman and sophomores could find themselves at one school in that part of the state. They made the state championship last year with a bunch of freshman and sophomores. And though it's not uncommon for teams in rural areas to have youngsters starting for them. It is uncommon for that young of a team to win at that high a level. Not sure sure if its redshirting or that they somehow identify quality players from the surrounding area and move them into SC's district. Maybe, I'm wrong and they are just blessed with an uncommon, high-end talent pool for an area that you wouldn't expect such things to happen as often as it does.

Huck : they have a pretty elaborate transfer program in place. It might only be 2-3 players a year , but at the 2A level , when roster sizes are limited and most players go both ways , that's like getting 4-6 players a year. The QB is a perfect example.

I have the tough time believing that this program is squeaky clean. No doubt they are well-coached and the culture is off the charts, but it just defies logic that so many quality freshman and sophomores could find themselves at one school in that part of the state. They made the state championship last year with a bunch of freshman and sophomores. And though it's not uncommon for teams in rural areas to have youngsters starting for them. It is uncommon for that young of a team to win at that high a level. Not sure sure if its redshirting or that they somehow identify quality players from the surrounding area and move them into SC's district. Maybe, I'm wrong and they are just blessed with an uncommon, high-end talent pool for an area that you wouldn't expect such things to happen as often as it does.
Burrs: SC remind me of the Berwick days when Coach Curry brought guys in on a regular basis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT