ADVERTISEMENT

So what happens now?

njfan47

Jan 8, 2009
1. Does the total bullsh*t story about Russia interfering in the election and delivering the win to Trump go away now that Trump has bombed the Syrian airbase?
2. Or do you guys continue to pound your head against the wall on that story? I don't think even Sammy Snowflake and (not) Reluctant to talk about his Paycut are dumb enough to keep going down that road; but, you never know.
3. With the Russian story now going away, how do insane, unsettled democrats go about trying to delegitimize Trump? There has to be a narrative. Maybe they go back to the popular vote, or maybe they come up with something else out of thin air.

Either way, it is always interesting to watch these case studies. Unbeknownst to themselves, their multiple posts and childish, senseless rants are entertaining to watch. The suspense is building. Snowflake is in his "think tank" right now hatching something. Can't wait to see what it is! Paycheck doesn't have a think tank, but he has other sophisticated thought-development methods that are trade secrets, waiting for patent protection.

Did you hear Sen Elizabeth Warren saying we should “just let the Syrians in”….as tho that would solve things? I can’t be the only one that sees a trend here of women in the Democrat Party being shallow with little perspective. The Senate is no place for motherly instincts. Call me a chauvinist but on the world stage….it is a man’s world and they are dangerous shortsighted women.

Did you hear Sen Elizabeth Warren saying we should “just let the Syrians in”….as tho that would solve things? I can’t be the only one that sees a trend here of women in the Democrat Party being shallow with little perspective. The Senate is no place for motherly instincts. Call me a chauvinist but on the world stage….it is a man’s world and they are dangerous shortsighted women.
Warren is a complete disaster. She's emotionally unstable. But I wouldn't group all women together!

I love how she's all for the Syrian refugees coming into the country when the women are still treated like sh!t. Hypocrite.

1. Does the total bullsh*t story about Russia interfering in the election and delivering the win to Trump go away now that Trump has bombed the Syrian airbase?
2. Or do you guys continue to pound your head against the wall on that story? I don't think even Sammy Snowflake and (not) Reluctant to talk about his Paycut are dumb enough to keep going down that road; but, you never know.
3. With the Russian story now going away, how do insane, unsettled democrats go about trying to delegitimize Trump? There has to be a narrative. Maybe they go back to the popular vote, or maybe they come up with something else out of thin air.

Either way, it is always interesting to watch these case studies. Unbeknownst to themselves, their multiple posts and childish, senseless rants are entertaining to watch. The suspense is building. Snowflake is in his "think tank" right now hatching something. Can't wait to see what it is! Paycheck doesn't have a think tank, but he has other sophisticated thought-development methods that are trade secrets, waiting for patent protection.
The missile attack on the airfield certainly diverted attention from issues related to the conduct of Russia during the election and to contacts between Trump officials and Russians during the election, but it hardly disproved there was collusion. What the attack demonstrated, whether one supported it or not, was how erratic Trump is. No need to go through all his statements against any intervention against Assad or statements by Tillerson and others about it being up to the Syrian people--five million of whom happen to be in refugee camps--to decide on whether Assad should stay--just days before the attack. Trump sees images on the screen that disturb him and his daughter tells him how much they disturb her and almost immediately Trump's policy turns on its head.

Stalker alluded to the fact that Trump and Putin have some similarities: big egos, an authoritarian streak, confidence (over-confidence?) in their abilities to get a deal, etc. The world is too small for them both to get what they want so conflict between the two was inevitable. I've been saying that for months. But like Hitler and Stalin who made their unlikely deal before it was broken a couple of years later, Trump and Putin found it in their interest to say only good things about one another when they thought it was in their interest to do so.

The missile attack on the airfield certainly diverted attention from issues related to the conduct of Russia during the election and to contacts between Trump officials and Russians during the election, but it hardly disproved there was collusion. What the attack demonstrated, whether one supported it or not, was how erratic Trump is. No need to go through all his statements against any intervention against Assad or statements by Tillerson and others about it being up to the Syrian people--five million of whom happen to be in refugee camps--to decide on whether Assad should stay--just days before the attack. Trump sees images on the screen that disturb him and his daughter tells him how much they disturb her and almost immediately Trump's policy turns on its head.

Stalker alluded to the fact that Trump and Putin have some similarities: big egos, an authoritarian streak, confidence (over-confidence?) in their abilities to get a deal, etc. The world is too small for them both to get what they want so conflict between the two was inevitable. I've been saying that for months. But like Hitler and Stalin who made their unlikely deal before it was broken a couple of years later, Trump and Putin found it in their interest to say only good things about one another when they thought it was in their interest to do so.
Good to see that Trump lives rent-free in your head, Tulla!

Good to see that Trump lives rent-free in your head, Tulla!
You've touched on a central problem. Yes, Trump is often on my mind, and from all reports he is much more on the minds of people all over the world than any other person has been in a very, very long time. Being erratic helps keep him on people's minds. Being dangerous helps too. And as we all know, Trump craves attention--he litters his office in Manhattan with magazine covers featuring himself and is addicted to cable news, especially when it is about him? Is that an admirable trait? I don't think so. His need for attention strikes me as dangerous. This isn't a football game where making your opponent confused over what your next call will be is a good thing. And now we're hearing that what made Trump decide to give the go-ahead for the attack was advice from Ivanka. Imagine what Fox would have done with any indication that Obama made a very consequential decision about the use of force because he was prompted to by Michelle. Trump will say anything if it serves his narrow, self-aggrandizing purpose: "I'll never have time for golf once I'm president."

You've touched on a central problem. Yes, Trump is often on my mind, and from all reports he is much more on the minds of people all over the world than any other person has been in a very, very long time. Being erratic helps keep him on people's minds. Being dangerous helps too. And as we all know, Trump craves attention--he litters his office in Manhattan with magazine covers featuring himself and is addicted to cable news, especially when it is about him? Is that an admirable trait? I don't think so. His need for attention strikes me as dangerous. This isn't a football game where making your opponent confused over what your next call will be is a good thing. And now we're hearing that what made Trump decide to give the go-ahead for the attack was advice from Ivanka. Imagine what Fox would have done with any indication that Obama made a very consequential decision about the use of force because he was prompted to by Michelle. Trump will say anything if it serves his narrow, self-aggrandizing purpose: "I'll never have time for golf once I'm president."
Not only does he live rent-free in your head, you pretty much seem to follow him around and know everything he does. Simply amazing!

You really do believe everything you hear in the media, don't you. That's surprising for someone who definitely has a high level of intelligence, as opposed to Paycut and Snowflake (should they take that show on the road?).

The golf thing really bothers you guys too. I do hope that you, Snowflake, and Paycut continue to post, as it's very entertaining to watch and it also allows readers to pyschoanalyze all of you (i.e. why would people put so much energy into what is basically a useless cause? Aah, venting and getting it off their chests and really thinking they were making a contribution by moving things toward impeachment, possibly? Crazier things have happened, but not by much.)

By the way, did it ever occur to you that while democrats/liberals fear/hate/distrust The Trumpster that foreign leaders have a combination of respect/fear of him because he's so "crazy"?

Not only does he live rent-free in your head, you pretty much seem to follow him around and know everything he does. Simply amazing!

You really do believe everything you hear in the media, don't you. That's surprising for someone who definitely has a high level of intelligence, as opposed to Paycut and Snowflake (should they take that show on the road?).

The golf thing really bothers you guys too. I do hope that you, Snowflake, and Paycut continue to post, as it's very entertaining to watch and it also allows readers to pyschoanalyze all of you (i.e. why would people put so much energy into what is basically a useless cause? Aah, venting and getting it off their chests and really thinking they were making a contribution by moving things toward impeachment, possibly? Crazier things have happened, but not by much.)

By the way, did it ever occur to you that while democrats/liberals fear/hate/distrust The Trumpster that foreign leaders have a combination of respect/fear of him because he's so "crazy"?
That Trump has golfed at least once a week doesn't really bother me. Neither did Reagan watching lots of movies. I think everyone needs some time away from work. What bothers me is 1) that Trump repeatedly says things that are simply untrue (so many examples) or that are only intended to fire up a crowd or score cheap points, e.g about Obama spending so much time (very little compared to Trump) golfing and not enough on the job and 2) that a good number of people seem to be growing increasingly indifferent to facts and to truth.

I'd like to see some evidence that foreign leaders have such respect for Trump. May, Merkel, and Abe apparently all came away from their meetings with him very unimpressed. I realize this is not what you'll get from all news sources. The fact that different sources provide such incompatible versions of what has happened / is happening should worry us all. I wouldn't point my finger in any one direction in casting blame. It's a serious problem for us all.

Tulla, why do you go to the negative so quickly instead of letting a thing unfold; egs….collusion, assumptions of his daughter’s influence. That’s some crystal ball!

What you perceive as vacillation on Syria others call adapting to a new reality. Would you rather our leader hold to an outdated view or change with new information? Any military or political stratagem embodies the possibility of a ruse or feint. About Russia, if anything, the present situation has drawn more attention to everything Russian rather than the reverse. Militarily, most of the world feels Trump punched a bully in the nose, finding it refreshing to see America step up to the leadership role it has always had, rather than a continued policy of avoidance and unwillingness to engage….when necessary….on the world stage. There are always risks but greater still are the risks of indecision leading to perceived weakness, actual in the case of the previous administration which allowed Putin’s aggression in Ukraine. Everything is a gamble when belligerents are in such proximity but this is an understood and accepted part of policy. You guys don’t know this?

The world was a nasty place long before Trump as was Putin’s aggression in Ukraine and presence in the Middle East. All of this conspired to make confrontation a given, not a diversion. Into this mix comes the confrontational and clearly insane Kim Jong Un who has threatened us and others with a Nuclear attack. You can site on your hands like Obama or understand the wisdom of Noah building his ark before the flood.

Tulla, why do you go to the negative so quickly instead of letting a thing unfold; egs….collusion, assumptions of his daughter’s influence. That’s some crystal ball!

What you perceive as vacillation on Syria others call adapting to a new reality. Would you rather our leader hold to an outdated view or change with new information? Any military or political stratagem embodies the possibility of a ruse or feint. About Russia, if anything, the present situation has drawn more attention to everything Russian rather than the reverse. Militarily, most of the world feels Trump punched a bully in the nose, finding it refreshing to see America step up to the leadership role it has always had, rather than a continued policy of avoidance and unwillingness to engage….when necessary….on the world stage. There are always risks but greater still are the risks of indecision leading to perceived weakness, actual in the case of the previous administration which allowed Putin’s aggression in Ukraine. Everything is a gamble when belligerents are in such proximity but this is an understood and accepted part of policy. You guys don’t know this?

The world was a nasty place long before Trump as was Putin’s aggression in Ukraine and presence in the Middle East. All of this conspired to make confrontation a given, not a diversion. Into this mix comes the confrontational and clearly insane Kim Jong Un who has threatened us and others with a Nuclear attack. You can site on your hands like Obama or understand the wisdom of Noah building his ark before the flood.

I'm really not assuming collusion, just think it's worth investigating--as does the FBI. The undefined but prominent roles Trump's daughter and son-in-law do concern me. Neither has any training or experience in areas where they are apparently providing advice directly to the president. Maybe they'll have a good influence, but we are truly in unprecedented waters. (Some may point to Bobby Kennedy as a kind of precedent, but he had at least served as counsel to a senate committee years before his brother appointed him attorney general. And even then there were problems.)

As for Trump changing in response to new information, nothing that has happened in Syria since he became president is at all new. We know what Trump advised Obama to do in 2013. And through everything that has happened since (including Aleppo, the bombing of hospitals, etc.) Trump gave no indication his opinion had changed. Maybe what changed this time was that particular images came on the screen at a time he happened to be watching. Maybe someone close to him (Ivanka? her husband?) was watching at the same time. Anyway, what he did was a 180. Even if you think the action was the right one, the process raises concerns. (He happened to be watching Fox when some guy said he had evidence British intelligence played a role in Obama's "wiretapping" of him, resulting in his blurting out the news and damaging U.S. British relations and his own credibility.) As for the action itself last week, can we agree that it means little if it's not part of a strategy?

Here's what astonishes me. Trump said many times during the campaign that NATO was obsolete, that China was a currency manipulator and that he would make such a declaration (with consequences) as soon as he took office, that the unemployment rate from the Bureau of Labor Stats couldn't be trusted, that Putin was very smart--Trump never said a word of criticism about him--that Mexico would pay for the wall, etc. I'm relieved that in some areas Trump has done the exact opposite of what he said he would do or simply seems to have forgotten the promise, but I don't understand his supporters either denying that what he promised and what he's done are so often in direct conflict or twisting themselves into pretzels to defend positions they opposed, e.g. intervening in Syria not against ISIS but against Assad. I know the 1984 analogy doesn't hold up in every respect but it does hold up when we remember how Big Brother would declare Eurasia the enemy one day and then reverse himself the next day by declaring Eastasia the enemy. The kicker was that so many people had been conditioned in a way that the backed whichever war Big Brother declared.

That Trump has golfed at least once a week doesn't really bother me. Neither did Reagan watching lots of movies. I think everyone needs some time away from work. What bothers me is 1) that Trump repeatedly says things that are simply untrue (so many examples) or that are only intended to fire up a crowd or score cheap points, e.g about Obama spending so much time (very little compared to Trump) golfing and not enough on the job and 2) that a good number of people seem to be growing increasingly indifferent to facts and to truth.

I'd like to see some evidence that foreign leaders have such respect for Trump. May, Merkel, and Abe apparently all came away from their meetings with him very unimpressed. I realize this is not what you'll get from all news sources. The fact that different sources provide such incompatible versions of what has happened / is happening should worry us all. I wouldn't point my finger in any one direction in casting blame. It's a serious problem for us all.
Hmmm, I'd like to see some evidence that May, Merkel, and Abe came away from their meetings unimpressed with Trump!

Let's be honest, it's not as if Trump is following one of the greatest presidents in history! I suppose you've heard of the IRS Scandal, wiretapping James Rosen (a news reporter), the healthcare debacle, his backing of the long-since failed arab spring, Fast & Furious, the "red line", wiretapping Merkel, Bo Burgdahl decision, calling ISIS the JV team, record slow growth, $10 trillion in debt, etc.

Tulla, I suspect you've not heard of some of these things, perhaps maybe even half of them (although that's hard to believe), but I don't seem to remember you criticizing Obama during any of the 2,922 days that he was in office, yet in Trump's first 83 days, it sure has been busy season!!

I'm really not assuming collusion, just think it's worth investigating--as does the FBI. The undefined but prominent roles Trump's daughter and son-in-law do concern me. Neither has any training or experience in areas where they are apparently providing advice directly to the president. Maybe they'll have a good influence, but we are truly in unprecedented waters. (Some may point to Bobby Kennedy as a kind of precedent, but he had at least served as counsel to a senate committee years before his brother appointed him attorney general. And even then there were problems.)

As for Trump changing in response to new information, nothing that has happened in Syria since he became president is at all new. We know what Trump advised Obama to do in 2013. And through everything that has happened since (including Aleppo, the bombing of hospitals, etc.) Trump gave no indication his opinion had changed. Maybe what changed this time was that particular images came on the screen at a time he happened to be watching. Maybe someone close to him (Ivanka? her husband?) was watching at the same time. Anyway, what he did was a 180. Even if you think the action was the right one, the process raises concerns. (He happened to be watching Fox when some guy said he had evidence British intelligence played a role in Obama's "wiretapping" of him, resulting in his blurting out the news and damaging U.S. British relations and his own credibility.) As for the action itself last week, can we agree that it means little if it's not part of a strategy?

Here's what astonishes me. Trump said many times during the campaign that NATO was obsolete, that China was a currency manipulator and that he would make such a declaration (with consequences) as soon as he took office, that the unemployment rate from the Bureau of Labor Stats couldn't be trusted, that Putin was very smart--Trump never said a word of criticism about him--that Mexico would pay for the wall, etc. I'm relieved that in some areas Trump has done the exact opposite of what he said he would do or simply seems to have forgotten the promise, but I don't understand his supporters either denying that what he promised and what he's done are so often in direct conflict or twisting themselves into pretzels to defend positions they opposed, e.g. intervening in Syria not against ISIS but against Assad. I know the 1984 analogy doesn't hold up in every respect but it does hold up when we remember how Big Brother would declare Eurasia the enemy one day and then reverse himself the next day by declaring Eastasia the enemy. The kicker was that so many people had been conditioned in a way that the backed whichever war Big Brother declared.
Did it astonish you that Obama drew a red line with Syria and when it was crossed, he did nothing? Again, it just comes off as empty when you all of a sudden are an expert on righteousness by US presidents. I am beginning to think that it's a bit of Trump Derangement Syndrome that is at work here. At least it is good psychological theater to observe. Pretty much case study material!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT