ADVERTISEMENT

SJP

tulla

Oct 27, 2004
Just wondering if anyone know the status of Trotter and Agard. Trotter tweeted "Everything happens for a reason" right after the game on Saturday, which to me suggests he's dealing with more than an ankle sprain, but I'm just guessing. If they have to play much or all of the season without Trotter (their best LB, by far) and Agard (their best DB, by far) after losing Heard (their best DL, by far) to transfer back in the spring, the picture is quite different.

On a related matter, do others also have the impression there are more players dealing with serious injuries than there used to be? I know I'm very focused on SJP (where Jeremiah Trotter was out for half his senior year, McCord was out for the last four games in 2019, Swift was out for half of his senior year, etc.), but I also hear about the Penn State recruit at Scranton Prep being out for the year and about other key players getting major injuries, and I wonder if there's something that helps explain it all--or maybe just part of it.

who cares? they will just plug in the next guy and easily win the state just like they did in 2019

who cares? they will just plug in the next guy and easily win the state just like they did in 2019
Not true. If you saw Trotter and Agard play last year, you would know there's no "next guy" for either who is nearly as good. These are first-team all-state players., among the best in the country at their positions.

As for 2019, after McCord joined the older Trotter on the sidelines, they were two TDs down against Northeast and of course needed a miracle play to tie the score as regulation time against PCC ended.

Just wondering if anyone know the status of Trotter and Agard. Trotter tweeted "Everything happens for a reason" right after the game on Saturday, which to me suggests he's dealing with more than an ankle sprain, but I'm just guessing. If they have to play much or all of the season without Trotter (their best LB, by far) and Agard (their best DB, by far) after losing Heard (their best DL, by far) to transfer back in the spring, the picture is quite different.

On a related matter, do others also have the impression there are more players dealing with serious injuries than there used to be? I know I'm very focused on SJP (where Jeremiah Trotter was out for half his senior year, McCord was out for the last four games in 2019, Swift was out for half of his senior year, etc.), but I also hear about the Penn State recruit at Scranton Prep being out for the year and about other key players getting major injuries, and I wonder if there's something that helps explain it all--or maybe just part of it.
Two things Tulla that are maybe obvious; they're playing almost year-round anymore and or in seemingly unending training routine emphasizing the physical.
Also, while an injury can occur walking to your car, playing stiffer more legitimate competition has to effect things, and not always positively (schedule quality) going up against bigger, stronger, more serious competition.
I imagine strength and conditioning can only protect structural support (bone, ligaments, cartilages) so much!

Question for the group... SJP playoff history- I apologize if this has been discussed previously.

I was looking at stuff for another topic- I was going thru the 6A and 4A State Football playoffs, in the last 10 years- SJP has lost a couple times, but only in the final!

but, in the other years- it looks they did not even "play" in the playoffs?
Did they just not play? I can't imagine they did not "make the playoffs?"

Question for the group... SJP playoff history- I apologize if this has been discussed previously.

I was looking at stuff for another topic- I was going thru the 6A and 4A State Football playoffs, in the last 10 years- SJP has lost a couple times, but only in the final!

but, in the other years- it looks they did not even "play" in the playoffs?
Did they just not play? I can't imagine they did not "make the playoffs?"
In those years only 1 PCL team advanced to States following PCL championship game…. It was LaSalle in the years you indicated.
It’s still that way..

In those years only 1 PCL team advanced to States following PCL championship game…. It was LaSalle in the years you indicated.
It’s still that way..
An addendum to yesman: Only one PCL team from the largest school classification (first 4A and then 6A) went on to play for the City (D12) championship. As he said, in those years it was LaSalle because they won the PCL big school championship game. Archbishop Wood and West Catholic--maybe there were one or two others--were PCL schools that went on to play in the classifications for smaller schools.

Reactions: Bighead75
Someone cares that made the post, and so do I …. Don’t want to see anyone hurt from any school, but it happens … you’ve been antagonistic since you got in this site … you and the new tiger king should start a thread and challenge each other

I heard Agard’s injury is only a week or two. Not long term. The person I talked to seemed to think Trotter may be out a bit. We’ll see how good my sourcing is!

Someone cares that made the post, and so do I …. Don’t want to see anyone hurt from any school, but it happens … you’ve been antagonistic since you got in this site … you and the new tiger king should start a thread and challenge each other
how do you handle real life if you consider that to be antagonistic? oh wait the real world today in America is even more sensitive, nevermind

i've challenged the posts of the "tiger king" plenty of times

Not true. If you saw Trotter and Agard play last year, you would know there's no "next guy" for either who is nearly as good. These are first-team all-state players., among the best in the country at their positions.

As for 2019, after McCord joined the older Trotter on the sidelines, they were two TDs down against Northeast and of course needed a miracle play to tie the score as regulation time against PCC ended.
and they still won the state title, what other team could still win after losing their all state players?

Tiger king was the best show of 2020

and they still won the state title, what other team could still win after losing their all state players?
how do you handle real life if you consider that to be antagonistic? oh wait the real world today in America is even more sensitive, nevermind

i've challenged the posts of the "tiger king" plenty of times
That’s funny from the guy that needs constant attention and spent the beginning of every day in a locker

That’s funny from the guy that needs constant attention and spent the beginning of every day in a locker
i need constant attention? nope but clearly i've gotten your attention, are you losing sleep at night over me? you want to inflict violence on me because i don't put 2021 Mt. Lebanon on a pedestal or what?

"roxy" sounds like a guy that would be put in a locker

i need constant attention? nope but clearly i've gotten your attention, are you losing sleep at night over me? you want to inflict violence on me because i don't put 2021 Mt. Lebanon on a pedestal or what?

At least once a year, this board gets targeted by one or two people who seem to have gone off their ritalin.

Hard to imagine how a guy who calls himself "BradlyPitt" gets the nerve to say "Roxy" (a name that would mean something specific to anyone familiar with Philly neighborhoods) "sounds like a guy that would be put in a locker."

I heard Agard’s injury is only a week or two. Not long term. The person I talked to seemed to think Trotter may be out a bit. We’ll see how good my sourcing is!
Rover, you could be right my info on trotter is from right after the game Saturday. I hope he's not out to long.

Wow. That escalated fast!! Bradly, chill a little will ya. You have to be someone for someone to lose sleep over you!! This started out as a question from Tulla. A reasonable question about how the Prep is handling injuries.

Last edited:
At least once a year, this board gets targeted by one or two people who seem to have gone off their ritalin.

Hard to imagine how a guy who calls himself "BradlyPitt" gets the nerve to say "Roxy" (a name that would mean something specific to anyone familiar with Philly neighborhoods) "sounds like a guy that would be put in a locker."
i wouldn't be caught dead in Philly so i am not familiar with that

the only "roxy" i've ever heard of were chicks, sorry i didn't realize it was some beacon of masculinity

Wow. That escalated fast!! Bradly, chill a little will ya. You have to be someone for someone to lose sleep over you!! This started out as a question from Tulla. A reasonable question about how the Prep is handling injuries.
i said it won't matter, they will still win the state easily

why is that so controversial?

Does anyone have a link to listen or stream the Prep game today? I didn't even see one onr Prep's Radio station web page.

Agard played a bunch tonight. Looks like they’re slowly bringing him back. Trotter was in street clothes but according to MSG network he’s not done for the season and may be back in 4 games.

Wow st joes beat down St Peters prep. Samari Jones had the game of his life. I think they will be the best team in the entire country next year and will win out the remainder of their schedule. I wander if anyone in Pa even has a chance to hang with them this year. 6A in the WPIAL is way down this year but Harrisburg looked good yesterday. They might be the only team I'm seeing right now with a chance.

Reactions: Bighead75
if your name is Bradley you tie sweaters around your shoulders.
used-to-look-good-picture-id848620584
I'm much better looking than him

Wow st joes beat down St Peters prep. Samari Jones had the game of his life. I think they will be the best team in the entire country next year and will win out the remainder of their schedule. I wander if anyone in Pa even has a chance to hang with them this year. 6A in the WPIAL is way down this year but Harrisburg looked good yesterday. They might be the only team I'm seeing right now with a chance.
St Joe is currently ranked 24th nationally per MaX Preps.

Just saw that SJP and IMG have agreed to play each other in Ocean City at the end of next summer.
Good info Tulla …. Crazy location … Franklin field far better … we’ll see if img actually comes north, hope they don’t Buford

Good info Tulla …. Crazy location … Franklin field far better … we’ll see if img actually comes north, hope they don’t Buford
Roxy, What was the story with Buford? Yes, the Ocean City location for the game is an odd choice. Maybe the oddity of it, e.g. the beach and the ocean in the background, made it appealing to ESPN. Probably better than a 60,000 seat stadium with three to six thousand people in attendance.

Roxy, What was the story with Buford? Yes, the Ocean City location for the game is an odd choice. Maybe the oddity of it, e.g. the beach and the ocean in the background, made it appealing to ESPN. Probably better than a 60,000 seat stadium with three to six thousand people in attendance.
They bailed Tulla … not sue if it was economics or logistics ….Erasmus was a great match … prep plays anyone anywhere … but these teams calculate the chances east or north and bail … hate SJP, but they are PA high school football on a national level

From talks with a couple of Philly guys, IMG locked into this game pretty early and was looking for formidable opponents from the north for Labor Day wknd. The organizers of the classic is going all out to make this his biggest showcase to date. Next yr will be the 3rd annual classic. Roman was ask to be a part of the undercard (lol) recently. It’ll be great to spend a wknd watching some good football next yr.

Reactions: lilromeo
From talks with a couple of Philly guys, IMG locked into this game pretty early and was looking for formidable opponents from the north for Labor Day wknd. The organizers of the classic is going all out to make this his biggest showcase to date. Next yr will be the 3rd annual classic. Roman was ask to be a part of the undercard (lol) recently. It’ll be great to spend a wknd watching some good football next yr.
When were they asked and who were they going to play? Why wouldn’t Roman accept that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT