ADVERTISEMENT

SJP-LaSalle

tulla

Oct 27, 2004
Every year in recent memory there would be several posts by now about this rivalry game, We know why there aren't, but games between rivals are often less predictable than other games. Any word on whether Trotter will be back? Is Elijah Jones out for the season. Was Phillips injured against Wood? And, Paul, any thoughts from the LaSalle side?

Every year in recent memory there would be several posts by now about this rivalry game, We know why there aren't, but games between rivals are often less predictable than other games. Any word on whether Trotter will be back? Is Elijah Jones out for the season. Was Phillips injured against Wood? And, Paul, any thoughts from the LaSalle side?
Tulla -

Never a game to be taken lightly. However, I suspect this is a game of separate trajectory. LS is young and developing, similar to SJP last year. However, SJP has that extra year under their belt and refined competition behind them. I’ll be down there for pregame and the game itself. Hope it’s not another surprise.

Tulla -

Never a game to be taken lightly. However, I suspect this is a game of separate trajectory. LS is young and developing, similar to SJP last year. However, SJP has that extra year under their belt and refined competition behind them. I’ll be down there for pregame and the game itself. Hope it’s not another surprise.
Roxy,

I watched about half of the SJP-LaSalle freshman game today--thanks to the LaSalle streaming service. The Prep was bigger, faster, and much better overall. I know not to draw any conclusions from freshman games, but I was surprised by the width of the gap.

Reactions: Bighead75
Crickets from the La Salle side. As you guys have said rivalry games are not to be taken lightly as anything can happen. But I think there would have to be a major happening to avert a blowout by St. Joe. Tulla you mentioned you watched part of the freshman game. I had heard that, as Roxy pointed out, La Salle's freshmen was where the talent was. But if St. Joe handled them as you say.........................

Crickets from the La Salle side. As you guys have said rivalry games are not to be taken lightly as anything can happen. But I think there would have to be a major happening to avert a blowout by St. Joe. Tulla you mentioned you watched part of the freshman game. I had heard that, as Roxy pointed out, La Salle's freshmen was where the talent was. But if St. Joe handled them as you say.........................
Paul,

Maybe LaSalle's best freshmen are playing on the varsity or junior varsity team.

Reactions: paul from philly
Word is trotter will be starting this game. He coulda played a few wks ago but sat out to be careful. Philips and jones our day to day both been banged up all yr but usually plays. Sjp really got to wood’s qb last wk I’m hoping lasalle can protect their young guys. I think the game will be closer than expected. Last wk against wood we seen back ups roll as early as the second quarter. One team is preparing for the long haul while the other is trying to stay afloat. I’m waiting for the Roman /sjp showdown. Should be for the catholic league title.

Reactions: lilromeo
I watched the game and came away impressed with the Preps o line . They are huge and move well. That team is so talented.
Anyone else find the refereeing remarkable? Don't want to be a sore winner, but I thought the refs seemed intent on calling back as many Prep punt and kick returns as possible and on seeing every aggressive Prep play as a personal foul, e.g. the sack of the QB in the first quarter. Defensive linemen can't stop on a dime when they are rushing the passer. And Washington's catch sure looked like a TD to me. I can't claim every call was a bad one since the refs generally had a better view than I did, but it sure seemed as if the refs had an agenda.

Anyone else find the refereeing remarkable? Don't want to be a sore winner, but I thought the refs seemed intent on calling back as many Prep punt and kick returns as possible and on seeing every aggressive Prep play as a personal foul, e.g. the sack of the QB in the first quarter. Defensive linemen can't stop on a dime when they are rushing the passer. And Washington's catch sure looked like a TD to me. I can't claim every call was a bad one since the refs generally had a better view than I did, but it sure seemed as if the refs had an agenda.
I watched the playback late last night. I couldn’t attend bc we played at the same time. That was clearly a remarkable catch they took away from Washington. Possessed it in the end zone on the ground for a few seconds. Any ref watching would say the same.

Reactions: lilromeo
I watched the playback late last night. I couldn’t attend bc we played at the same time. That was clearly a remarkable catch they took away from Washington. Possessed it in the end zone on the ground for a few seconds. Any ref watching would say the same.
The call that got me wondering was during LaSalle's "drive" in the first quarter. Their right tackle clearly moved well before the snap and before any Prep D-lineman crossed the line. But the refs called offside on the Prep.

Reactions: Bighead75
The call that got me wondering was during LaSalle's "drive" in the first quarter. Their right tackle clearly moved well before the snap and before any Prep D-lineman crossed the line. But the refs called offside on the Prep.
Tulla -

I was there, it was obvious that they were trying to ‘control’ the game. Prep pulls starters at 35 points most times and my thought was they were trying to get that delta until half time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT