ADVERTISEMENT

Sites and times for next week's semi-finals

All but two are 'district' home games, egs, Trinity at Southern in D4 Selinsgrove, Harrisburg vs SC in SC's District 6 at Altoona-Mansion Park, Canton vs Steel Hi at Shamokin. But some are weird like Allen CC vs Quips at Bald Eagle HS in District 6 and Pine vs Cocalico at the Mansion. Strange? Couldn't find fields? Typos?

I think if the districts aren’t adjacent then the schools “meet in the middle” which would be why D7 and D11 are playing in D6?

All but two are 'district' home games, egs, Trinity at Southern in D4 Selinsgrove, Harrisburg vs SC in SC's District 6 at Altoona-Mansion Park, Canton vs Steel Hi at Shamokin. But some are weird like Allen CC vs Quips at Bald Eagle HS in District 6 and Pine vs Cocalico at the Mansion. Strange? Couldn't find fields? Typos?
stalk- why do you think PR vs Cocalico at Mansion is weird? Isn't that halfway? It's a decent field, easy to get to imo

2020, check my post again. Has nothing to do with halfway. The problem is it's not at a home 'district' location. All others except Allen CC vs Aliquippa are. You are supposed to get a home game in your district.

To my understanding they rotate each year (East -West) getting a home game in their district in semifinal round.

Last edited:
sorry, Stalk, don't mean to laugh... but LOL.. if this was true to "rotate" and get a "home district semi game" that'd be great- but not true, at least not for D7.

This will be the 5th State Semi for Pine-Richland in the last 9 years- although this is never posted, it's always been "neutral site" never been in "our district," every Semi-game always been Altoona, Mansion Park. In 2020, in 5A we entered in Semi, played at Altoona (i googled last year- 2021, 5A Penn Trafford, D7 school, played in Chamberburg, no where near home! Heck, in 2014, we had TWO games- at Altoona back-to-back. Actually, I went and looked, even the quarter-final rules are inconsistent- in 2014 was quarter-neutral site, but then 2017 quarter- game was in our district- Hempfield Area, just east of Pittsburgh.

The PIAA does pretty close to zippo to make the playoff process clear and transparent and fan-friendly!! Would be nice to not travel as much- but the "bracket process" to me is clear-as mud. Seems fair, to not have teams travel across the state for a Semi. UNLESS they did seeding- which I don't think they do- again clear as mud!!

pretty sure wpial would not agree, a merger would benefit D10 and would be a negative for D7

With interests in TX, FL and PA, I usually find a way to totally confuse myself on who's where and when.
But I've always enjoyed the Mansion as I've come to call it over the years. A Pennlive write once said, 'it's where Mid Penn teams often go to die'. Lots of bad luck there for the locals.

And....I think you guys that haven't been there will enjoy Chapman Field at Cumberland Valley. The crumbling old stadium at Hershey was cool and who knows, the PIAA could return there when CV's contract expires if made affordable.

sorry, Stalk, don't mean to laugh... but LOL.. if this was true to "rotate" and get a "home district semi game" that'd be great- but not true, at least not for D7.

This will be the 5th State Semi for Pine-Richland in the last 9 years- although this is never posted, it's always been "neutral site" never been in "our district," every Semi-game always been Altoona, Mansion Park. In 2020, in 5A we entered in Semi, played at Altoona (i googled last year- 2021, 5A Penn Trafford, D7 school, played in Chamberburg, no where near home! Heck, in 2014, we had TWO games- at Altoona back-to-back. Actually, I went and looked, even the quarter-final rules are inconsistent- in 2014 was quarter-neutral site, but then 2017 quarter- game was in our district- Hempfield Area, just east of Pittsburgh.

The PIAA does pretty close to zippo to make the playoff process clear and transparent and fan-friendly!! Would be nice to not travel as much- but the "bracket process" to me is clear-as mud. Seems fair, to not have teams travel across the state for a Semi. UNLESS they did seeding- which I don't think they do- again clear as mud!!
Pine Richland did just have a home game against ECP.

pretty sure wpial would not agree, a merger would benefit D10 and would be a negative for D7
Definitely would benefit d7. They only have a few 6a schools and a ton of good 5A schools that didn't make the playoffs. It might benefit D7 more.

Definitely would benefit d7. They only have a few 6a schools and a ton of good 5A schools that didn't make the playoffs. It might benefit D7 more.
The PR v ECP was quarter-final, not semi. so, yes it seems like sometimes, but not always, the quarterfinal is a "home game" I guess.

Combing in 6A helps both districts, but 5A does not help wpial, D7, imo

The PR v ECP was quarter-final, not semi. so, yes it seems like sometimes, but not always, the quarterfinal is a "home game" I guess.

Combing in 6A helps both districts, but 5A does not help wpial, D7, imo
There's one 5A school in district 10 ECP how would that hurt the wpial?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT