ADVERTISEMENT

Shurmer walking into a good situation?

franklinfield

Aug 20, 2013
Seems Shurmer will have a real opportunity to compete for the starting job at Vanderbilt. I wish him the best.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/vanderbilt-qb-stephen-rivers-to-transfer-164139058.html

He'll be competing against the son of Scott Stankavage's from CB East fame early 80's, UNC and NFL Broncos fame

He'll be walking into one of the finest educations in the country. My sense is that is paramount to him/family.

East was very good in '79, one of the few years they were better than West. We scrimmaged them. Stankavage and Joe Kozak were a nice one-two duo in the backfield.

Shurmer should have a great experience at Vandy. Can't beat the education and playing in the SEC. Ryan Hamilton from CR-North enjoyed his time there. He played with another CB-East grad, Bradley Vierling.

Word on the street is that Schmidt's tutelage really increased Shurmur's chances of success at Vandy.

Fletch,
Too funny..
I doubt any of the LS followers will take the pot-stirring bait on that one, never know??

I see where "some" of the LS/non-LS posters have been critical of Coach Schmidt. Idk?.. He's a tough love type of guy and has experienced plenty of prior successes. Doubt Coach Gordon would have upset the apple-cart if didn't think he would be an asset to the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT