ADVERTISEMENT

Shakeup at Wyndmoor!!

paul from philly

Dec 9, 2010
Defensive coach John Steinmetz has tendered his resignation to the team. And this just may be only the beginning of more moves!!

I had alluded to this in a thread much earlier (last year). There has been destabilization for some time there. He was an excellent coach. I wish him the best in whatever may be his next step. Frankly, there is a ton of commitment, time and sacrifice involved at this level. Someone with his credentials should not be overly questioned and he was. Folks don't want to hear this, but there is a similarity to what SJP went through no to long ago from a coaching perspective. The pressure to succeed, both internally and externally, can change people. Hope it works out.

Totally agree with you on all points. Steinmetz did so much for the players from coaching, to helping put their reels together for colleges, to taking care of players with personal issues. Plus, he had his own family to raise, and he did a pretty good job with that too!!

As I mentioned, stay tuned, this aint over!!
This post was edited on 1/29 9:04 AM by paul from philly

Paul,
You posted "not sure of the reason". Is it possible after ~30 yrs. of dedicated service to his alma mater, Coach felt the need to move on and devote more time to his family?
Has there been an "official" announcement from LaSalle?
This post was edited on 1/29 8:23 AM by yesman3

Your initial post say this "may" be just the beginning. (sounds like possibly more resignations)

Now, you post "this ain't over". (sounds like definitely more resignations)

So, which is it, do you have confirmed information beyond John leaving or not? Are you just taking part in conjecture at this point which you have done in the past?

Without question that could be the reason. Understand that I have no idea why he resigned. I love the guy!!

Total conjecture at this point. Mind you, none of the information I've gotten has anything to do with hurt feelings or one upsmanship from any of the coaches. I understand that a "private sector" job out of the area has been offered to one of the other coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT