ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Bates is named to the Freshman All-American Team

I think he went to Saint Jude.. but not 100% sure - if so it could have been either south or west.. I know they had a good OL men that went to wood but I can't remember what year he graduated...if it's the same kid... he helped them win region 20 in CYO hoops when he was in 8th grade.. was really good on his feet for a big kid.

Been watching him all year ... tremendous technique and foot & hand work for an OL ... versatile as well ... well deserved accolades.

Barring injury, this kid will be playing on Sundays in 3 years...
I recall Berwick coach George Curry making this same prediction following their game with Wood a few years ago. Congratulations Ryan Bates.

PSU site says he went to Arch Wood
The question that was asked was what high school would he have gone to based on residence alone. He did go to Wood and wore #52, the same number that he wears at PSU.

The question that was asked was what high school would he have gone to based on residence alone. He did go to Wood and wore #52, the same number that he wears at PSU.

Since Bates' hometown is listed as Warrington PA, I assume he would have gone to Central Bucks South if he had not opted for Archbishop Wood. Warrington's like 4 miles from Wood's campus in Warminster...definitely within Wood's draw area for those that like to whine, complain, p1$$, moan, or whatever about evil catholic schools.

EDIT: Just noticed @njfan47 already said this. Sorry for the duplicate post...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT