ADVERTISEMENT

Ridley to open the season in FL?

bucksftball

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2020
JP Taravella is the opponent, who’s coming off an 0-10 season, including a 91-0 loss.

This leaves CB East scrambling for a week 0 game with Ridley not honoring year 2 of the contract.

JP Taravella is the opponent, who’s coming off an 0-10 season, including a 91-0 loss.

This leaves CB East scrambling for a week 0 game with Ridley not honoring year 2 of the contract.
OMG, Sure looking for a challenge huh!!! LOL

Reactions: Stalker
Just looked and apparently they did this in 2019 also. Seems to be run by an organization that puts on a bunch of opening games in Orlando.

The appeal of playing in Florida I think is "playing in Florida"........especially if in central FL with Disney right there 18 miles south of Orlando which is likely where the game is.

JPT won 16 games the last 5 years (16-31, 8A) per Max and just got their own field last year. Weighing opening in Florida against playing a CB East team that should be real good (loaded) is clear enough.

Still hard believing Ridley is ducking a team and backing out of a contract. Bad optics. REAL bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilromeo
The appeal of playing in Florida I think is "playing in Florida"........especially if in central FL with Disney right there 18 miles south of Orlando which is likely where the game is.

JPT won 16 games the last 5 years (16-31, 8A) per Max and just got their own field last year. Weighing opening in Florida against playing a CB East team that should be real good (loaded) is clear enough.

Still hard believing Ridley is ducking a team and backing out of a contract. Bad optics. REAL bad.
I don’t shed any tears for East but Ridley was supposed to be AT East for the first ever night game at their stadium. I can see the allure of starting your season with a trip to Florida, especially if it’s well organized with activities for the kids and a weak opponent to build confidence. With East returners plus Ridley losses… this would have been a tough opener for Ridley.

Reactions: Stalker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT