ADVERTISEMENT

Ridley Football 2022

Not sure if you watched any Ridley games the last two years but the OC didn't make a lick of difference. Same OC the year before and they averaged 10 points a game and were shut out a few times. Their RB (Delco player of the year) made the difference. 1st down- Zone right/zone left. 3rd and forever- zone right/zone left. Throw a wheel here and there- QB scrambles here and there and throws to the RB who does the rest. Oh and lets not forget running the score and yards up on Lower Merion, Penncrest and Harriton. Classless. So to sum it up- losing Tubby (RB) will hurt a whole lot more than losing any single coach on that staff.

Reactions: bucksftball
I will say that the Ridley staff would severely miss their special teams coach/coordinator if he left. Single handedly won them multiple games last year. I believe they had close to 10 special teams TDS, and about the same number of blocked punts.

Seems a bit harsh. Are you saying the oc has no impact on their team. Can you back any of that up??

It's not a surprise to anyone on this board- but you can't win without players. Ridley had the best player in DELCO- they won. GV had multiple division 1 athletes- had one of their bests seasons. St Joes Prep- well you get the point. They all still came up short to teams with better players. Take Penncrest's coaching staff and give them St Joes Prep's players- they'll win. Swap St. Joes Prep's staff and give them Penncrest- they'll lose. So, in short- O'hara needs to build a program.

There are a number of great running backs around that don't get to 12 wins! No teams gets to 12 without some good coaching. But what's real notable is no shows against the two best teams they played, getting trounced by GVal 65-37 (competitive first 1/2) and Coatesville 50-14. 12 wins is 12 wins unless you're saying the comp was extremely weak.

Reactions: Bighead75
Agreed stalker- Comp was weak with wins against UD, Penncrest, LM, Harriton, Interboro, Radnor, and Haverford. You don't choose who you play in league, but their quality wins were Stoga x 2 (7 wins), and North Penn. And yes coaching does matter, their special teams coach/unit won the first Conestoga game, and Springfield. The original post (from one of the coaches expecting to leave, nothing like a coach screaming for attention) asked if Ridley will miss their OC if he leaves, I simply said the OC won't matter as much as Mills leaving and the special teams coach. My honest opinion, he should stay at Ridley. Ridley had a nice young defense, a stud returner/wr in Powell, and a solid 9th and 10th grade class with a very good QB coming up. After a few years in the dumps prior to last year, Ridley is looking up.

I think it’s a little of both. Most hard core Ridley fans bitched and moaned about the coaches, so did they all of the sudden get better , or did their schemes work better with better players ? One thing that was different this year was they made a concerted effort to get the ball into the hands of their playmakers time and time again. And while most teams knew what was coming , they were still successful. They only lose 2 starters , so the next question is who will be the new OC?

Reactions: bucksftball
ADVERTISEMENT