ADVERTISEMENT

Ridley AD

Ridleyguy87

Nov 22, 2015
I remember a post on here last year about the Ridley AD going over to the Radnor sideline and yelling at their coaches because they were "running the score up, and Ridley won't forget it".
My question is did the AD from Penncrest come over to the Ridley sideline and scream at Wood and his staff about putting up 52 points on an obviously overmatched team?
I guess it's okay for them to run the score up on other teams but God forbid they get a taste of their own medicine.

I am a Ridley grad and played multiple sports but I now find myself rooting against this team so the administration is forced to clean house starting at the top.

#FIRESIGNOR

RG - if you follow my posts recently you will know that I’m not a big fan of this regime either. It’s no secret that within Central League circles that this coaching staff is the most hated in the league. The same goes withn the local referee community. And sports in general at Ridley are way down, which is certainly a reflection on the AD. Most programs will struggle to even break .500. But putting pressure on the administration, the same administration that put this package together, will do nothing. You need to get rid of the administration first , and in Ridley that’s easier said than done .
That being said , I will actually stick up for Ridley in this case. Penncrest , like many in the Central League , is just a bad football team. After the opening drive , they had trouble even getting a first down . Add in a case of fumblitis deep in their own territory you get 50 points. Ridley pulled their starters early , was running just basic offense and still scoring at will. Ironically, if they really really wAnted to keep the score down , they should pass the ball, because they do not do that very well. But that would really be perceived as running it up.

RG - if you follow my posts recently you will know that I’m not a big fan of this regime either. It’s no secret that within Central League circles that this coaching staff is the most hated in the league. The same goes withn the local referee community. And sports in general at Ridley are way down, which is certainly a reflection on the AD. Most programs will struggle to even break .500. But putting pressure on the administration, the same administration that put this package together, will do nothing. You need to get rid of the administration first , and in Ridley that’s easier said than done .
That being said , I will actually stick up for Ridley in this case. Penncrest , like many in the Central League , is just a bad football team. After the opening drive , they had trouble even getting a first down . Add in a case of fumblitis deep in their own territory you get 50 points. Ridley pulled their starters early , was running just basic offense and still scoring at will. Ironically, if they really really wAnted to keep the score down , they should pass the ball, because they do not do that very well. But that would really be perceived as running it up.
Speed:
I went to the Haven/Penncrest game weeks ago. Penncrest look like middle school kids out there. They are very young and in 3 yrs maybe a force, but for now they need to work through it. And yes, Penncrest struggled to get out of the red zone with Haven.

Foot - yes. Just a lot of bad football out there. Worse than I can ever remember? 6 games every weekend, lucky if one is competitive.

except for the post was negative about Ridley and don't see anything on here regarding how good they may be or contending..or did i miss something

IA - I haven’t seen anyone think Ridley is a contender for anything. They sit at 4-1 in a very weak league. They have Harriton left , so that’s win #5. They also have undefeated Marple , mediocre Upper Darby , and solid Haverford and GV left to play. I have them most likely losing to Haverford and GV. They play UD this week at a good time as UD may not have their QB or RB, plus UD always manages to give away a game or 2. So that’s a winnable game , but not a definite. I really don’t know what to make of Marple as they really haven’t played anyone. But they can throw the ball , and if you saw the Stoga game , Ridley had a tough time defending the pass. So you are looking at a 6-4, 7-3 squad at best. 6-4 probably not enough to get them in. 7-3 probably gets them a 11, 12 seed.

Agreed cover. I dont think the general public and the board think they are contenders, but the attitude of the coaching staff and the way they act at games is quite the contrary. That was the point I was making. What have you done for me lately. On the positive side. I did like how they snuck in last year and fought North Penn tooth and nail. That was Ridley football. Ridley football mercy rules Connestoga. You dont do that, your not a good football team.

I remember a post on here last year about the Ridley AD going over to the Radnor sideline and yelling at their coaches because they were "running the score up, and Ridley won't forget it".
My question is did the AD from Penncrest come over to the Ridley sideline and scream at Wood and his staff about putting up 52 points on an obviously overmatched team?
I guess it's okay for them to run the score up on other teams but God forbid they get a taste of their own medicine.

I am a Ridley grad and played multiple sports but I now find myself rooting against this team so the administration is forced to clean house starting at the top.

#FIRESIGNOR

Speed, I think it is inaccurate to make the statement that the Ridley staff, as a whole, is the most hated in the league. You use a wide paintbrush when saying people feel the same way about Wood as they do about his staff. There are guys on that staff who have been head coaches (including a hall of famer), high level coordinators, and multiple year position coaches at other programs who are consummate pros, and good men, who have had a ton of success at programs that aren't Ridley. .

I can't speak to the referee community, but I do have some insight into the coaching community, and I can tell you that generalizing hatred of the entire coaching staff based off of how people may feel about the head coach is down right incorrect. Ridley folks may not like Coach Wood or may not like the offense, or whatever, but its simply untrue to lump the whole coaching staff together when making a statement that they are the "most hated staff in the league."

CL. My bad if it came off as a broad brush. I was making a general reference that Wood , as the face of the franchise , does not get much love from referees or other coaches. It’s like saying coaches in the Big 10 can’t stand Michigan’s staff when they really mean Harbaugh. But your point is taken and I did not mean any offense to the other members of the staff.

I agree that Penncrest is a bad team and has been for a long time but there are ways to not run the score up on those teams if you want to. I have played/coached/watched enoughsports to know that

Radnor put 50 up on Penncrest tonight.
I know Penncrest is a bad team and it shouldn’t surprise anyone when they get 50+ points scored against them. The focus of my original post was that the Ridley AD was fine with them running up the score on a down program but cried like a b!tch and embarrassed himself and the school when he did.

Man... Ridley went from one of the most talked about teams on this board to irrelevant. I think they made the playoffs once or twice in the last few years but has it been 10 years since they were a district power?

ADVERTISEMENT