ADVERTISEMENT

Ridley 25 Springfield 20 f

SPEED&JUMP DR.

Jan 3, 2007
Ridley hangs on to win a very physical chippy game. I think the teams combined for well over 200 yards in penalties , many of the personal foul variety. The teams exploded for 4 4th quarter tds after Ridley led 12-7 after three. Ridleys defense was dominant early sacking the Springfield QB early and often. Springfield had two tds aided by questionable penalties. I'm not ready to say either team is quite district 1 playoff ready, but they both are very pesky and annoying teams and will not lose without a fight.

The refs i thought were bad.. SF offense of play calling needs some work. But it was a real physical game!

I wont say they are a lock, but given thier schedule, they have a pretty good shot. Despite the lack of offensive firepower, their defense will keep them in most games. They have 5 AAA games left ( Radnor, Haven, MN, Harriton, Penncrest) with only MN having any real shot to be them. They luck out in the AAAA cross over games in getting Lower Merion instead of either UD or Haverford. Their other 2 AAAA games are Garnet Valley( who they always play tough and beat last year) and Conestoga( who laid an egg against Episcopal). At1-1, they have a legitmate shot to go 7-3, 8-2 and i think that gets them in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT