ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Western Beaver linebacker Lonnie Craft

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“During the off-season, I’ve been trying to focus more on being in the best shape as possible, improving on my strength, speed and agility and having a better understanding of the game including watching game film and building new techniques to use for next season.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?
“I feel like I have become a better leader for my teammates and coaches spent countless hours trying to perfect my route running, cuts, and speed and moves off the edge.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I feel that my team and I can go as far as we want but that means sacrificing the things that are holding us back and being dialed in 24/7.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Sto Rox or Seton LaSalle. Both have unbelievable players and incredible coaching staff.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“There are a ton of incredible athletes in my division and conference but one that stands out is Jay Pearson who recently has transferred back to his hometown Sto Rox.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I would love to continue my college career and play football.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Marist, Brown, Murray State, Sacred Heart, St. Francis, Fairmont State, Bluefield State, Walsh, Wheeling, Kutztown, Clarion, Bloomsburg, Millersville, Shippensburg, Tabor, Trinity International, Grove City, Oberlin, Wabash, and others. They are all incredible Universities.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“All of them, but I would have to say Grove City with Coach Baney and Oberlin with Coach O amazing people.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“Haven’t yet but I have some set so stay tuned.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“Yes, I do.”

What camps are you planning to do this summer?
“I plan to attend quite a few, but a couple that come to mind are Clarion, Bloomsburg, Millersville, Shippensburg, the top 100 showcases, the D1 showcase in Philadelphia, and Sacred Heart.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My favorite college growing up was Ohio State.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News