ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with South Allegheny linebacker/defensive end Camden Lewis

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“I have been lifting 4-5 times a week and also have been getting in field work.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?
“Since last football season I think my strength and size has improved a lot more.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I think we will shock a lot of people after coming off of 2 bad years. We play a whole new conference with teams that I think we could totally beat. We have pretty much everyone coming back with a huge senior class and everyone has improved a lot more since last year. Also with our head coach (Brian Hanson) leading us into the season [we are] looking better than ever.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“To me the toughest team that we will face off against is Steel Valley. I think when we play them it will be a good game and we will surprise a lot of people after their big runs the last 2 years.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Donald Barksdale, he is a very talented player and will be one the players we will have to scheme for.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes I do, I hope I am given the chance to play football in college on defense.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Some colleges that have been recruiting me so far are Buffalo, Eastern Michigan, Temple, Miami of Ohio and a couple more.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I’d say Buffalo is the school that I am getting recruited most by.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“Yes. Buffalo, Eastern Michigan, RMU, Temple, Miami of Ohio.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“Yes I plan on going back up to Buffalo in the summer for a 1 person visit and also visiting Eastern Michigan again. Also possibly visiting Temple and Lehigh.”

What camps are you planning to do this summer?
“I am still deciding on which ones I want to go to but as of right now it looks like I’ll be attending Pitt, Buffalo, Eastern Michigan, Lehigh, and Temple.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“Yes growing up as a kid I was always a big time Penn State fan and loved the team and college and dreamed of maybe being a part of the team one day.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.