ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Norwin offensive guard Austin Lane

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
How has everything with the football season been going so far?
“So far we have been able to address all the components that we took from our season last year. We have had tons of time to practice and we have really stepped up our game for the upcoming season.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played this season?
“I felt that last year I did a good job coming back as a starter to help improve the offensive line and was doing well. This year I felt like I have significantly improved even more both physically and mentally.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“We had a lot of bright spots last year but this year we have had great practices and have had success with not only the run game but the passing game as well.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“The little details, whether it is a misalignment or penalty, can make huge differences in a game. If we improve on fixing those it will make a big difference.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“In the past we never had much energy going into the game. Energy has always been a part of football and if our team can bring energy and physicality on the first play it will show throughout the rest of the game.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes, I would definitely like the opportunity to play football in college.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I have talked to colleges such as W&J and Wheeling University.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“Recently W&J has been recruiting me the most in which I have done multiple visits for both camps and tours.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“Yes, I have visited both Wheeling University and W&J for college trips.”

Do you have plans for game day trips?
“I plan on going to both universities to visit for a game to watch how the teams play and to learn from the players.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“Growing up I have always admired Penn State, especially watching their college football. I have visited Penn State for academics and if I were to choose to not play football in college, I would most likely pick them.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News