ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Huntingdon safety Andrew Finkle

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
How has the season been going so far?
“The season started off strong with a 40-0 victory over our rival, Mount Union. We are looking to keep that momentum moving forward.”

Who is your next opponent? What are your thoughts on them overall?
“Our next opponent is Bellefonte, which is our home opener. They are a tough team and one of the better teams we will face all season. We will definitely be challenged, but it is a great opportunity for us to gain 4A points for playoffs.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“Overall, the team can improve on discipline and doing the job they are supposed to do. We need to not try to do everyone else’s job, but with not much experience, we will have to work on trusting each other.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“Our success moving forward will be dependent on how fast we can grow up as a team. This is a team that lacks experience but has the talent to perform well.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Playing sports in college has not been the first priority for me, but I would like to play football.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Millersville, Westminster, Saint Vincent, Geneva and Juniata have all reached out.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“Juniata has been recruiting me the hardest.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I’ve been to Juniata twice this summer.”

What camps did you attend this summer? How did the camps go overall?
“This summer, I did not attend any camps due to scheduling. The previous summer, I attended Slippery Rock and Shippensburg. They both went well.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“Penn State has always held a special place in my heart. Ever since I could remember, the fall was filled with trips to Beaver Stadium and many memorable games. Also, the United States Naval Academy has always intrigued me.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News