ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Franklin Regional offensive guard Nick Petrucci

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
How has everything with the football season been going so far?
“I’m really excited for our upcoming season. We have a lot of new and great coaches and a big group of hardworking and talented players. We’re ready to make our presence felt in the WPIAL.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played this season?
“I’m pleased with my play in our scrimmage, but there’s several things I need to focus on to improve my game.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“We had a solid scrimmage and did very well in our 7 on 7s during the summer.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“We can definitely improve our understanding of our new defense. It’s more complicated than last year’s and the better understanding we have of it, the easier it will be to just go out there and play.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“One key to success for us is consistency. We have potential to be a really good team if we’re able to make our flashes happen more and more often. Another would be not being overwhelmed by this season. We have a lot of guys, including myself, who haven’t had the full varsity football experience. Nobody really had a full stadium, student section, or band last year, so hopefully we won’t be overwhelmed by that.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I do hope to play football in college.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I’m under the recruiting radar right now, but I’m hopeful that that will change this season.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
"N/A."

Have you made any college trips yet?
"N/A."

Do you have plans for game day trips?
"N/A."

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“That would easily be Penn State. It’s in my blood. My 3 sisters, 2 of my cousins, and my uncle are students or alumni. My dad also got his Master’s degree there and teaches at a branch campus.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News