ADVERTISEMENT

Prep vs FJ

Salvucci

Dec 23, 2016
Listening to the Prep/Judge game on the Prep student radio station, they mentioned several times FJ had only 27 players on side line and they multiple players quit last week and multiple suspensions. If this is true, and I believe Ryan had similar issues earlier in season that led to players being dismissed, coupled with all the Roman discussion on here, sounds like these programs are going in the wrong direction in a big way. I know the some of the freshmen teams look good at Roman and Carroll which is great, but man I didn't realize how bad things are getting until you hear stories like this and see the scores this year.

Listening to the Prep/Judge game on the Prep student radio station, they mentioned several times FJ had only 27 players on side line and they multiple players quit last week and multiple suspensions. If this is true, and I believe Ryan had similar issues earlier in season that led to players being dismissed, coupled with all the Roman discussion on here, sounds like these programs are going in the wrong direction in a big way. I know the some of the freshmen teams look good at Roman and Carroll which is great, but man I didn't realize how bad things are getting until you hear stories like this and see the scores this year.
no one was dismissed at ryan they were suspended for 6 weeks yess the catholic league is getting bad it’s always gonna be lasalle prep and wood

Last edited:
I counted more than 27 for Judge on Saturday, but not many more. I think it was 33-34. I did hear about some suspensions, but no names. I noticed that a top WR was dressed and didn't play until the second half. Their top 5-6 players were all playing early accept for the one mentioned.

Anyway, the last two weeks both RC and FJ had the lowest numbers that I have ever seen for each program.

no one was dismissed at ryan they were suspended for 6 weeks yess the catholic league is getting bad it’s always gonna be lasalle prep and wood
I think Roman will make a comeback at some point if the coaching scenario improves.

In the PCL. isnt it just a matter of getting the right coach and getting the proper support from the administration and alumni($$$$$$)? Or has the landscape totally changed? I mean Lasalle, Prep and Wood were not always this dominant.

Prep-for the 15 year span prior to the hiring of Brooks, they were a combined 49-98 and lived at the bottom of the the PCL Standings.

Lasalle-for a 20 year stretch from 1985-2005 they had 7 losing seasons, 13 winning seasons.

Wood-in the mid 90's they were abysmal. They went 2 seasons in a row where they were winless (0-14) in league play.

Most of the upswing in these three teams coincide with coaching changes( Brooks & Infante, Gordon, Devlin). So if devlin ended up at Judge instead of Wood, is Judge a powerhouse?

Reactions: lilromeo
Speed, bingo! I think you're right on the money. That's exactly how I see it. Are there plenty of other small factors? Sure. But for the most part, those are the main issues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT