13 OWEN J. ROBERTS

14 NESHAMINY

15 PENNSBURY

16 CB SOUTH

17 SOUDERTON

18 AVON GROVE

19 ABINGTON

20 HATBORO-HORSHAM

I agree Concrete, I believe we will see how powerful the Red Raiders offense is tonight. They will put up big numbers vs #3 DW.

Reactions: Concretechuck
KBerg has updated the points. I like that he includes guaranteed points over the last 3 weeks.

The only possibility that CV does not win D-1 is if North Penn is at home and it is cold with torrential rain. That's it.

The only possibility that CV does not win D-1 is if North Penn is at home and it is cold with torrential rain. That's it.
North Penn doesn't look up to par. They are struggling to finish some average squads: Neshaminy, CRSouth & Souderton.

SOL way down. Maybe CRSouth or Truman do some damage. But, I don't see NPenn getting by either Downingtowns and they have not done much since the mid 90's. Bank on CV and Prep in the final. They look so much better than the rest.

Reactions: Concretechuck
Springfield and Lower Merion each completing over 20 balls the last two weeks against Garnet Valley doesn’t inspire great hope that they matchup with Coatesville and that passing game. Ball control would help but at some point CV offense is on the field.

Springfield and LM have really struggled to run the ball so you play coverage. Just don’t think GV defense could keep up with this Coatesville team. That maybe true of every defense in D1 but maybe particularly bad matchup of a strength vs a weakness.

North Penn doesn't look up to par. They are struggling to finish some average squads: Neshaminy, CRSouth & Souderton.

SOL way down. Maybe CRSouth or Truman do some damage. But, I don't see NPenn getting by either Downingtowns and they have not done much since the mid 90's. Bank on CV and Prep in the final. They look so much better than the rest.
I agree... been a while since Nesh, Pennridge, Pennsburry all average at best, CB west south and east are less than average, Souderton who is improving blew it again against NP. I have seen PCL, SOL, WPIAL and all down bottom up

Springfield and Lower Merion each completing over 20 balls the last two weeks against Garnet Valley doesn’t inspire great hope that they matchup with Coatesville and that passing game. Ball control would help but at some point CV offense is on the field.

Springfield and LM have really struggled to run the ball so you play coverage. Just don’t think GV defense could keep up with this Coatesville team. That maybe true of every defense in D1 but maybe particularly bad matchup of a strength vs a weakness.
GG:
I won't argue Coatesville is the better team. My only comment would be is throw out the Springfield/GV game. As I stated under "Scores" last week, their game was a mud bowl and no one could do anything. I think if GV/CV play, it will be on turf not grass. Conditions would be different.

Foot I understand conditions were bad against Springfield. I think if you gave Garnet Valley the option they would rather play Coatesville in the Okefenokee Swamp then on turf.

I maybe wrong but I’m not particularly enamored of this GV team compared to last two. Defensively that’s a lot of completions to give up. I just don’t think they are all that athletic this year. Offensively not nearly as big up front or as athletic at RB position. They are certainly better throwing the ball then in past but think some of that from necessity.

Think District One way down this year as a whole. Combine that with Coatesville may be best team outta D1 in awhile and Districts could be ugly. Garnet staff is great so never know.

For instance in Central my opinion is that the only teams whose 2018 versions are better than 2017 versions are Radnor and Lower Merion. Maybe Strath Haven. Think all the other programs had better teams last year. Probably similar argument to be made in SOL. Before Howard went down think there was good chance three best teams are in the Chestmont. It’s why they play the games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT