ADVERTISEMENT

Pine-Richland 2021

They are 4A and in same conference with Plum , Hampton, highlands, Armstrong to name a few. Were 6-2 in Covid season. Been competitive. 4A is very good with Thomas Jefferson, Aliquippa, Bell Vernon, McKeesport, Chartiers Valley , Montour

Reactions: new2pa
I'm pretty surprised that someone hired Kasperowicz when he's in the middle of a lawsuit with his former employer. Are these coaches making lateral moves except him? Who is Mars' head coach?

I think the sense is he didn’t do anything wrong. People support him and feel he’s been screwed. And the football parents at Mars want to win.

Give him three years like a poster just said, and Mars will be contending for WPIAL titles and going far in the states. The biggest key is Malinosky because he's also the S&C coach. Mars is trending up, P-R is trending down on a steep slope.

Reactions: new2pa and Soup13
I think the sense is he didn’t do anything wrong. People support him and feel he’s been screwed. And the football parents at Mars want to win.
Agreed- he did NOT do anything wrong. and he is still employed (in good standing with a good reputation), full time as a teacher in another local district. The purpose of the lawsuit is to address the untrue and inaccurate defamation of him, by PR leaders- that in fact still is occurring, publicly, by the PR board President- even AFTER having had the lawsuit filed against the district. I'm not surprised at all that he was hired quickly. Out of 500 schools in PA, I'm pretty sure about 498 would hire him (especially as an assistant), after having done interviews, and thoroughly "vetting him." The only 2 "no" would be PR and NA. He is one of the best high school school coaches in the country, not just PA. This might be a slight exaggeration- but "being surprised he was hired" would be like saying "well after he left the Patriots, I'm surprised Brady got hired, because he is so old." well, we know how that turned out!!

Scott Heinauer is their coach and he is Something like 200-109 win/loss give or take. I think pretty good the last 5 years, 6-2, 6-5, 9-2, 6-5, 8-3.

New/Jacky/bummer01 - Any word on any new adds to staff? 7 on 7s are going on weekly, any idea if they can or are doing any? Any word on the type of O or D they are putting in place? Getting close to heat acclimation, season is right around the corner.

Tonight at school board meeting we may find out more about assistant coaches.
New - Also, got a reliable word that whole staff has been "courted" by many schools, to me it says alot. Their reputations are intact and the board is a joke as well all have stated. Again, a shame for the kids and coaches who live and have been a huge pat of your community.

I believe that. No real way for a school to take in 10-12 new guys at once, but wouldn’t be surprised to see that happen over a short period of time.

Reactions: Soup13
I don’t think he’s going to Pitt. Strong rumor is that Coach K, QB coach, WR coach and Asst OL Coach going to Mars.

I saw on a Twitter thread that apparently Campos had the players do leg workouts when lifting four times in a week, scheduled practices without consulting the school schedule, hasn't helped with recruiting, and lied on his resume when applying for this job. Is there any truth to any of this?

I saw on a Twitter thread that apparently Campos had the players do leg workouts when lifting four times in a week, scheduled practices without consulting the school schedule, hasn't helped with recruiting, and lied on his resume when applying for this job. Is there any truth to any of this?
I don’t know about that. It’s pretty specific to make up though.

Yes, some truth to the twitter stuff, but not 100%- some of it is interpretation. Regarding recruiting- hard to say whether the coach is "not trying" or maybe he "does not know what he is doing." Who knows.

Regarding coaches- yes 5 posted for hire tonight. 3 paid, 2 volunteer, all listed on the PR website, school board agenda. None, zero, are established, experienced coaches. Only one IMO, sounds decent- Max DeVinney- was a QB at PR about 5 years ago, and he played in college, started a few games, subbing for Jurkovec, when he was injured- pretty sure that is who that is who it is.

Overall- minimal coaching experience on the staff, many guys have been asked formally and informally and said "no thanks" most likely b/c no one wants to work with the dysfunctional admin.

Next week will be "big indicator" as far as maybe a "decent" 5A team- two 7 on 7s, then an off week early July

Yes, some truth to the twitter stuff, but not 100%- some of it is interpretation. Regarding recruiting- hard to say whether the coach is "not trying" or maybe he "does not know what he is doing." Who knows.

Regarding coaches- yes 5 posted for hire tonight. 3 paid, 2 volunteer, all listed on the PR website, school board agenda. None, zero, are established, experienced coaches. Only one IMO, sounds decent- Max DeVinney- was a QB at PR about 5 years ago, and he played in college, started a few games, subbing for Jurkovec, when he was injured- pretty sure that is who that is who it is.

Overall- minimal coaching experience on the staff, many guys have been asked formally and informally and said "no thanks" most likely b/c no one wants to work with the dysfunctional admin.

Next week will be "big indicator" as far as maybe a "decent" 5A team- two 7 on 7s, then an off week early July
What are the names of the other two paid coaches?

Never mind. I was able to find information on the new coaches.

Paid Assistants
Zachary Richert: Current teacher at Obama Academy. Played LB at Duquesne from from 2009-12. Played at Pine-Richland under Clair Altemus from 2004-2007. Coached at Duquesne (2013), German Football League (2014), and Carnegie Mellon University (2015-2019)

Chidozie Oparanozie: Real Estate Agent at All Pittsburgh Real Estate. Teammates with Richert at Duquesne. Played LB. No coaching experience from what I saw.

Daniel Sofranko: A Data Collection Analyst at Pro Football Focus. Former Recruiting Assistant at Virginia Tech and a Former Scouting and Football Operations Intern at Duquesne. Played WR/OLB at North Allegheny from 2010-2013. Played Rugby at VT. Only coaching experience is for the Pittsburgh Youth Flag Football League in 2018.

Unpaid Assistants
Max Devinney: Former P-R QB as mentioned earlier. Played at Shippensburg from 2018-2021. No coaching experience.
Jeffrey DeSantes: Played Football at Geneva College from 1981-1985. No coaching experience.

• Haha
Reactions: Soup13 and new2pa
"Only coaching experience is for the Pittsburgh Youth Flag Football League in 2018."

My God.

DeVinney was a nice player. Got stuck behind DiNucci and Jurkovec. He should have another year of college left if my math is right.

So 4 of the 5 have never coached at a level above flag football?

Yikes. Yikes. Yikes.

Reactions: bummer01 and Soup13
New - Also, got a reliable word that whole staff has been "courted" by many schools, to me it says alot. Their reputations are intact and the board is a joke as well all have stated. Again, a shame for the kids and coaches who live and have been a huge pat of your community.
"Only coaching experience is for the Pittsburgh Youth Flag Football League in 2018."

My God.

DeVinney was a nice player. Got stuck behind DiNucci and Jurkovec. He should have another year of college left if my math is right.

So 4 of the 5 have never coached at a level above flag football?

Yikes. Yikes. Yikes.
Recipe for disaster. Complete shit show.

And the OC is from Penn Hills and hasn't coached in 2 years. I found out just now that Salopek reached out to Altemus' former DL coach to be the WR coach! He said no. Salopek also reached out to the former Asst OL coach Urbik (Steelers/Bills/Dophins) and he said no and is going to Mars with Coach K and crew.

Reactions: bummer01 and Soup13
And the OC is from Penn Hills and hasn't coached in 2 years. I found out just now that Salopek reached out to Altemus' former DL coach to be the WR coach! He said no. Salopek also reached out to the former Asst OL coach Urbik (Steelers/Bills/Dophins) and he said no and is going to Mars with Coach K and crew.
So is Campos past the desperation stage already and grabbed essentially anyone with a heartbeat?

It seems that ways. They have 5 paid coaches and 2 volunteer coaches plus campos to replace the 12 + 2 that were let go.

Half the number and looks like 1/10th the quality.

I still think P-R will be ok this year, but “the program” seems done for. And just wait until they go back to 6A.

Pine won the 7 vs 7s at Beaver without Hasley. Beat Lebo. One of my son's coaches and was up there, said QB for Pine is very good as Jackie mentioned a few times, skill was top notch. I know its just 7 vs 7 and take the good with the bad with that but maybe they can just roll the ball out???? Going to be fun to see how this plays out.

Pine won the 7 vs 7s at Beaver without Hasley. Beat Lebo. One of my son's coaches and was up there, said QB for Pine is very good as Jackie mentioned a few times, skill was top notch. I know its just 7 vs 7 and take the good with the bad with that but maybe they can just roll the ball out???? Going to be fun to see how this plays out.
Agreed, this post is pretty accurate- word was there was 20 teams. Credit to Campos for this 7 on 7 success, and letting these kids "do what they do." Also, having DeVinney as an assistant coach was a "good add." However, I have to add, a big reason the skill is "top notch" is that all of these skill kids were coached for 3-4 years, by Kasper, Leihmeir, Jochem (QB coach) and the rest of the "fired staff." It will be July in a couple days, and the current team still does not have an offensive line coach, gonna need that when they put pads on and play 11 on 11!!

Reactions: Soup13 and new2pa
They have the talent to play for Another state championship.

The only 5A team in the state with more talent is probably Imhotep.

I talked to several parents a graduation parties this weekend. They played at least the last two games of that 7v7 without Gochis Eastburn and Mellis as well. Speaks very good for their talent level and depth. Also says something about Lebo. Lebo has a three-year starter at QB and at least two very good wide receivers and evidently only scored a couple touchdowns and couldn’t stop their backups.

so that’s all good news. Also heard that a former P-R QB has the inside track to be the OC. Max DeVinney. That’s great for program continuity, but I thought he was still in college.
I still have not been able to see them in person.

I talked to several parents a graduation parties this weekend. They played at least the last two games of that 7v7 without Gochis Eastburn and Mellis as well. Speaks very good for their talent level and depth. Also says something about Lebo. Lebo has a three-year starter at QB and at least two very good wide receivers and evidently only scored a couple touchdowns and couldn’t stop their backups.

so that’s all good news. Also heard that a former P-R QB has the inside track to be the OC. Max DeVinney. That’s great for program continuity, but I thought he was still in college.
Sorry, but they cannot go as far this year. With this new coaching staff, they might not make it out of WPIAL- Penn Hills, PT and Gateway may have just as much talent, but with better and more accomplished coaching staffs. In many ways, PR kids are still "coaching themselves." They cannot do that and also play well against the best teams.

Reactions: lilromeo and new2pa
Sorry, but they cannot go as far this year. With this new coaching staff, they might not make it out of WPIAL- Penn Hills, PT and Gateway may have just as much talent, but with better and more accomplished coaching staffs. In many ways, PR kids are still "coaching themselves." They cannot do that and also play well against the best teams.
There's no doubt in my mind that they have a bunch of talent still, but that can only take them so far. I'm not thrilled that they hired a patchwork of coaches and they still have to decide who will coach which group. DeVinney may be the OC? He's not even a paid assistant! Coaching is what made those state championship teams and now it's completely gone.

OK, Just want to be clear - I did say TALENT to play in another state championship game. LoL.

Patchwork is the best description I've heard of the coaching staff thus far.

New-
I take 7 vs 7s with a grain of salt as we all should but it does show off a good arm, speed, athleticism. The word I got is Pine did not dominate the tourney but did win. Lebo smoked them in first game they played earlier in the day. The 2nd game was close, ended on a pick in the end zone from the two to tie it. All teams had missing pieces due to camps and baseball. I mentioned Hasley because he is a top tier D1 prospect/player. My real point was that in a short period of time Pine had it going much better/quicker than I ever anticipated. Obviously it's just shorts and tee shirts without the line but to me a HUGE short term win with them coming out on top of 20 teams, doing it with 5 coaches and learning a new system. At this point you have to be optimistic? Listening to you/Jackie the line is a real force so that should play out well from them in the long run. I think alot will be said early with them opening up with SV, Pgh Central, USC, Gateway & PH. We will know a lot by end of week 5.
There's no doubt in my mind that they have a bunch of talent still, but that can only take them so far. I'm not thrilled that they hired a patchwork of coaches and they still have to decide who will coach which group. DeVinney may be the OC? He's not even a paid assistant! Coaching is what made those state championship teams and now it's completely gone.
They have a hell of a schedule early: SV, Pgh CC, USC, Gateway & PH. Gateway game should answer some early questions right?

Soup: I am optimistic. A win is a win. And like you said, the good news is that the line should be very good.

SV and PCC are going to bring it. Great early first tests.

Also heard over weekend from parent that there has been no mention of Harrisburg week 0. not sure where that stands. Jacky, 2020 any insight?

Soup: I am optimistic. A win is a win. And like you said, the good news is that the line should be very good.

SV and PCC are going to bring it. Great early first tests.

Also heard over weekend from parent that there has been no mention of Harrisburg week 0. not sure where that stands. Jacky, 2020 any insight?
New - A win is a win! Yes. Just heard Hasley committed to Duke, that did not take long. You did not mention Gateway, do you not think they will be good?

I literally logged off and saw that the Harrisburg Coach was quoted on Penn Live as saying the P-R game was on at Woodland Hills on 8/28. So, there's that.

Soup, I just didn't get to Gateway. Here's what I think of the first opponents:

Harrisburg - don't know much about them, but they traditionally have been big up front and are spread. A good early first test for P-R, but without any "studs" I think its a P-R wins this one by 3 TD's. 28-7.

Seneca Valley - after talking to a couple parents with direct knowledge of what's happening at SV, I think they may be the dark horse in 6A. Their defense was always very good, now add Lehmeier and Sasson to the O and they are building something. Their skill will have size comparable to P-R's in 2020, but they need to find a QB. Without some ability to pass, they will be limited. I'm taking SV over P-R 35-14 in a revenge game for the ex-P-R coaches. SV defense will have every tell on P-R's offense. The game is at SV and may be a TV game.

PCC - talent wise, PCC will match P-R and if they decide to throw the ball will have a substantial advantage over a complete rebuild in the P-R secondary. (Neill, Schweiger, Jochem, Mill all graduated and Hasley playing ILB). Big, big coaching advantage to PCC. Fleming will throw the P-R O staff for a loop. I'll take PCC at least 35-14.

USC - Last year was supposed to be USC's team of the century and they were just better than average. Until USC can toughen up both physically and mentally, I look for the Rams to Roll. P-R by 21. 42-21.

Gateway - I'm not sold on the Birch kid at QB. His Jeanette highlights don't wow me at all. But with his brother and a couple good skill coming back, I think they will be able to wing it ok. And that attacks P-R's secondary, which is a bad matchup for P-R. I would give the coaching edge to Gateway by a slight margin - but losing to Peters last year after being up by 19 makes me go hmmmm. Also, very bad matchup for GW up front. I'm going to call this a push for now (depending on P-R's secondary) something around 28-28.

Penn Hills - always tough on D, but couldn't score last year at all. Duggar brothers are both back (hopefully for QB - torn patellar tendon) so that should help. I think it 100% rides on if Julian Duggar is a full strength. If he is, they will be dynamic on O. They also played a 9th grade RB last year who is back. But I'll go with P-R in a close one. 28-21.

The Gateway game is the real turning point. Win that and they are 4-2 and head into a stretch of Shaler, NH, Kiski, Fox Chapel which should all be wins. Go 3-3 and beat nobody decent (and lose to 5A Gateway), and there could be some dissatisfaction. Anything worse. Yikes. Also, lose to Gateway and there is no way you are a top 2 seed in 5A IMO.

New - Good analysis.

H-Burg rarely does not have a few studs to go with their size. Next man up usually happens there. Interesting game. I think it will be closer.
SV - Add the dynamic duo to the offensive fold, look out! I think they will be very good.
USC - A lot of talent, QB is in question mark though, o-line will be big but no exp. The culture a joke there, soft. Where's Render? ha!
PH - Did not know the qb was hurt, huge, he a force for sure. Always scrappy and athleic, young last year.

As for Gateway. I think Birch has only a freshman showed alot. Now in that system will do very well and some huge kids with alot of skill. I believe they will be good. I like gateway here.
I literally logged off and saw that the Harrisburg Coach was quoted on Penn Live as saying the P-R game was on at Woodland Hills on 8/28. So, there's that.

Soup, I just didn't get to Gateway. Here's what I think of the first opponents:

Harrisburg - don't know much about them, but they traditionally have been big up front and are spread. A good early first test for P-R, but without any "studs" I think its a P-R wins this one by 3 TD's. 28-7.

Seneca Valley - after talking to a couple parents with direct knowledge of what's happening at SV, I think they may be the dark horse in 6A. Their defense was always very good, now add Lehmeier and Sasson to the O and they are building something. Their skill will have size comparable to P-R's in 2020, but they need to find a QB. Without some ability to pass, they will be limited. I'm taking SV over P-R 35-14 in a revenge game for the ex-P-R coaches. SV defense will have every tell on P-R's offense. The game is at SV and may be a TV game.

PCC - talent wise, PCC will match P-R and if they decide to throw the ball will have a substantial advantage over a complete rebuild in the P-R secondary. (Neill, Schweiger, Jochem, Mill all graduated and Hasley playing ILB). Big, big coaching advantage to PCC. Fleming will throw the P-R O staff for a loop. I'll take PCC at least 35-14.

USC - Last year was supposed to be USC's team of the century and they were just better than average. Until USC can toughen up both physically and mentally, I look for the Rams to Roll. P-R by 21. 42-21.

Gateway - I'm not sold on the Birch kid at QB. His Jeanette highlights don't wow me at all. But with his brother and a couple good skill coming back, I think they will be able to wing it ok. And that attacks P-R's secondary, which is a bad matchup for P-R. I would give the coaching edge to Gateway by a slight margin - but losing to Peters last year after being up by 19 makes me go hmmmm. Also, very bad matchup for GW up front. I'm going to call this a push for now (depending on P-R's secondary) something around 28-28.

Penn Hills - always tough on D, but couldn't score last year at all. Duggar brothers are both back (hopefully for QB - torn patellar tendon) so that should help. I think it 100% rides on if Julian Duggar is a full strength. If he is, they will be dynamic on O. They also played a 9th grade RB last year who is back. But I'll go with P-R in a close one. 28-21.

The Gateway game is the real turning point. Win that and they are 4-2 and head into a stretch of Shaler, NH, Kiski, Fox Chapel which should all be wins. Go 3-3 and beat nobody decent (and lose to 5A Gateway), and there could be some dissatisfaction. Anything worse. Yikes. Also, lose to Gateway and there is no way you are a top 2 seed in 5A IMO.

New - I think that is an accurate Analysis. I do not know anything about H-Burg this year. I believe SV can play with all the big boys for sure, now add the dynamic duo. Look out.Will throw this out there real quick; NA to me has not had their traditional size on both lines and that hurt them last year. Pgh Central is loaded, most talent they have had in years, size, speed, athletes, Fleming's D can carry them. . USC is loaded with skill, fast , strong running backs BUT new qb who is an unknow, line is very big but no exp. and my overall opinion is they are soft, add below average coaching. PH is PH, scrappy and play hard, always athletes, the QB situation is key for them to be successful, he gained valuable experience. Gateway to me is very interesting. I disagree on Birch, only what 14or 15 years old last year? I watched film and it does not jump out at you but either did the competition compared to 4, 5, 6A so I get that. I believe in Holl's system he will thrive as the others have recently. They do have a mix of medium and large lineman, add birch's brother to the DB and receiver corps. I think they will be strong., can win against PR with a few quick strikes, big plays. I think PR comes out of the first 6 @ 3-3 beating H-Burg, USC, PH. and then run the table vs the remaining weak ass teams. so 7-3.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stalker
NA: I agree - it’s been a decade since a WPIAL championship and only once (last year) in the championship game. Best team since then was 2017 and they ran in PR.

PCC will be very good with great players on each level of their D (Hinish, Specca, Barron and Younger). They will start a sophomore QB who has 3 or 4 starts under his belt. Carothers will be dynamic at whatever position he plays and Altman at TE may make some noise.

Regarding Birch, I guess I should give him more of a chance. Holl has a history of having good QBs and I’m sure Birch will be no different. The ability to effectively throw the ball will be huge.

PH: They need Julian Duggar to be 100%. LeDonne is very good on D but they can’t get it going on O. Heard they were after Lehmeier and Sasson, but commute ruled that out. That would have been something.

And let’s not forget Penn-Trafford. IMO, they have the best coaching staff in 5A now, they have a “program” and culture, they are tough, and they have star power in Yakimelli. They need to find a QB that can throw and they will be really good.

I’d still put PR #1 but PEnn Trafford is waiting for them to stumble.

Soup, I know you follow all those south hills teams closer than I - hearing good things about BP QB. Is he that good?

SF is complete rebuild on O. I think it’s going to be rough for them for a few years. Growing pains.

Peters reminds me a lot of P-R around 2013. BUT, with the best group they ever had, they couldn’t get over the hump. Hard to keep mojo going if you don’t have examples of how to get to the next level.

NA: I agree - it’s been a decade since a WPIAL championship and only once (last year) in the championship game. Best team since then was 2017 and they ran in PR.

PCC will be very good with great players on each level of their D (Hinish, Specca, Barron and Younger). They will start a sophomore QB who has 3 or 4 starts under his belt. Carothers will be dynamic at whatever position he plays and Altman at TE may make some noise.

Regarding Birch, I guess I should give him more of a chance. Holl has a history of having good QBs and I’m sure Birch will be no different. The ability to effectively throw the ball will be huge.

PH: They need Julian Duggar to be 100%. LeDonne is very good on D but they can’t get it going on O. Heard they were after Lehmeier and Sasson, but commute ruled that out. That would have been something.

And let’s not forget Penn-Trafford. IMO, they have the best coaching staff in 5A now, they have a “program” and culture, they are tough, and they have star power in Yakimelli. They need to find a QB that can throw and they will be really good.

Soup, I know you follow all those south hills teams closer than I - hearing good things about BP QB. Is he that good?

SF is complete rebuild on O. I think it’s going to be rough for them for a few years. Growing pains.

Peters reminds me a lot of P-R around 2013. BUT, with the best group they ever had, they couldn’t get over the hump. Hard to keep mojo going if you don’t have examples of how to get to the next level.
Good stuff Soup and New.

New - Good Stuff as usual.
I love what PT does, Ruane and staff are top notch. Ruane is an old Gateway guy under Terry Smith, teaches there I think. They have alot back. They will be very competitive. Yacamelli I think played wildcat last year, moved around and Demeri at RB but maybe Kalkstein at QB w/ Yacamelli at WR, what ever they do they will play to strengths. Jollie was an active LB last year who is 220 and will most likely be used at TE. They have plenty of skill and good size on both lines.

Bethel Park played a very young team. Volpatti is a tough all conference RB with speed, Gavin Moul an all conference LB, Austin Caye, CB/DB who can fly, got hurt last year. I do not believe any size but could be wrong, That will hurt. Max Blanc is the QB and was 49/92 for 436, 3 td, 2 picks as a soph. He is 6'5 and I also heard has been getting good ratings at camps or 7vs7 or show cases.

SF - QB is Landon Lutz, 6'5 and will be the next guy up in Rossi's QB friendly system the problem as I see it is no line size at all. I think new receivers as well. They were average last year w/ a good RB too, Deanes I think so I don't expect much.

Peters - Interesting to me. Nico Pate - A hell of a RB/LB has some D1 offer and tough, Luke Petracara a 6''4 230 DE/TE, has an offer or two. They have alot of size on both lines and Jake Macasko is a good receiver, QB is something I am not sure on. I like their co-defensive coordinators, they do a good job X0 wise. Always sound on specials teams.

I got GW 1, PT 2 , PR 3

Last edited:
Been a while since I posted, so bear with me if this info isn't new...

The former P-R QB, Max DeVinney, who was the volunteer assistant QB coach and pass game coordinator has been promoted to OC. He is still a senior in college.

Steve Buches is primarily the DL coach from what I'm told and is also coaching OL for now. So P-R now has 1 "line" coach to replace the 4 they had last year on the OL and DL.

As far as people know, there are no full-time paid offensive coaches.

There are at least 4 positions open. Board meeting Monday, so maybe more then.

Even with all this, I would expect easy wins over Fox Chapel, Kiski, and Shaler, with North Hills and Penn Hills coming into play as possible tight games this year. Seneca Valley, PCC, USC and Gateway could present significant problems even with the talent they have. I guess if defense is solid, offense won't have to score much.

But what a let down.

Reactions: bummer01
Been a while since I posted, so bear with me if this info isn't new...

The former P-R QB, Max DeVinney, who was the volunteer assistant QB coach and pass game coordinator has been promoted to OC. He is still a senior in college.

Steve Buches is primarily the DL coach from what I'm told and is also coaching OL for now. So P-R now has 1 "line" coach to replace the 4 they had last year on the OL and DL.

As far as people know, there are no full-time paid offensive coaches.

There are at least 4 positions open. Board meeting Monday, so maybe more then.

Even with all this, I would expect easy wins over Fox Chapel, Kiski, and Shaler, with North Hills and Penn Hills coming into play as possible tight games this year. Seneca Valley, PCC, USC and Gateway could present significant problems even with the talent they have. I guess if defense is solid, offense won't have to score much.

But what a let down.
Thanks for the new info, new2pa! I heard that Campos is trying to run Kasperowicz's same offense and schemes, but is failing to do so. Have you heard anything on this front?

One paid assistant? This late in the summer? That's ridiculous! Buches has his work cut out for himself, that's for sure.

Regarding the four open positions, who can you possibly see coming here with only a few weeks left before two-a-days?

The talent is there for a WPIAL championship like you stated before, but how much will the coaching staff hold this team back from their true potential?

Yes. I’ve heard same things about Campos trying to run the offense that PR has run most recently. That’s why Devinnney could help. But I think Max graduated before Lehmeier took over and things progressed on offense even more. But if there is anyone that can figure it out, I guess it would be him.

I may have misspoke. They have more than 1 paid assistant. All on defense as far as I can tell, unless DeVinney is now getting paid. But have 4 additional open paid position is what I meant.

I have no idea who they can get at this point. It’s sort of a worse situation. Now anybody that’s any good (doubtful anybody left) knows they won’t be working with experienced coaches and won’t come on board.

if I hear anything over the weekend or the board meeting, I will post.

Reactions: bummer01
Yes. I’ve heard same things about Campos trying to run the offense that PR has run most recently. That’s why Devinnney could help. But I think Max graduated before Lehmeier took over and things progressed on offense even more. But if there is anyone that can figure it out, I guess it would be him.

I may have misspoke. They have more than 1 paid assistant. All on defense as far as I can tell, unless DeVinney is now getting paid. But have 4 additional open paid position is what I meant.

I have no idea who they can get at this point. It’s sort of a worse situation. Now anybody that’s any good (doubtful anybody left) knows they won’t be working with experienced coaches and won’t come on board.

if I hear anything over the weekend or the board meeting, I will post.
We will know for sure by noon on Monday, that is when the board agenda, with any new names will be posted- really the last chance to get coaches hired and ready before pads and camp. Sadly, there are no "promising rumors" of any new good coaches. Currently, only 7 total coaches. Including Campos, 5 total paid, only two have ever coached, period. Not even youth football. Buches and Campos. There are 21 coaching jobs open/posted for the district. Lots of people reluctant to coach for the dysfunctional leadership. Currently only 2 of 4 middle school coaches and ZERO ninth grade coaches. Lots of opinions have been posted on this site, and more in social media- but these numbers tell the story. Really sad- but this is what the district wanted- a "lower profile" football program. In April, the program posted 8 7 on 7s- ALL have been cancelled- ONE was added. Not sure if any more will occur. A month ago there was some optimism, but less now. These boys will not be able to coach themselves, they are kids. Parents have been patient and mostly quiet for a month, hoping for positive developments- but few have occurred. These kids, are gonna have to deal with starting back to school "post-covid" and playing some really tough competition in the first 4-5 weeks. Might be a tough year, above .500 will be impressive. Oh, and by the way, STILL no word, of any real hazing or other bad conduct by the coaches having been exposed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT