ADVERTISEMENT

Pine-Richland 2018

new2pa

Nov 9, 2014
Figured I'd start a new thread again instead of hijacking that other one like last year.

Had a chance to talk to a couple folks at the basketball game tonight. Indeed, the word is two senior QB's may move into P-R. Everyone seemed to think one was from Ohio, but not sure about the second one.

If that is true, they will have 4 senior QB's and a sophomore QB competing for that one spot.

No, I don't think so. People were talking that the kid was from somewhere around Cleveland/Youngstown.

Figured I'd start a new thread again instead of hijacking that other one like last year.

Had a chance to talk to a couple folks at the basketball game tonight. Indeed, the word is two senior QB's may move into P-R. Everyone seemed to think one was from Ohio, but not sure about the second one.

If that is true, they will have 4 senior QB's and a sophomore QB competing for that one spot.

I’ve known about the one from Ohio for a while, won’t say his name until it’s official. Just heard about the second this past week. I wonder if whoever wins it then maybe the other plays anouther position? I don’t know much about the other but the kid from Ohio is more of a pocket passer dinucci type QB. I don’t know if I could see PR using a two QB system either, perhaps if this other QB is more of an athlete type they bring him
In to run? Who knows, we’ll have to see.

Also the other two senior QBs at PR, the one I’m pretty sure is going to play LB this year, and the other who started JV wasn’t going to get serious consideration to play unless it was a last resort type thing (injuries etc). What’s interesting about spencer is that he should be a junior but was kept back so that he could be ready to play early on. I think he either starts on the JV or moves to WR or DB next year to see the varsity field early.

Success imo. Same reason SJP, PCC, NA, Imhotep etc all those schools get kids that come to play for them. Program success.
SJP has never taken a senior transfer, rarely a junior transfer (maybe three or four in Infante's 8 years), and very occasionally a sophomore transfer (one or two a year).

Reactions: MC1975
And to transfer into a PCL school, or PCC, the family does not have to move. Are you saying these kids are willing to move in their senior years from Ohio to Pennsylvania just for the "chance" to play QB?

I know the WPIAAL is way more prone to contest transfers than probably any other area in the state. Do you get they sense that these transfers will be uncontested?

Are you saying these kids are willing to move in their senior years from Ohio to Pennsylvania just for the "chance" to play QB?

Well, neither kid is here yet. But yes, that is what I heard. They are willing to move here for a chance to be the QB at P-R for a season. I'm not sure what the rules are with the WPIAL on out of state transfers.

Reactions: JACKY6996
Success imo. Same reason SJP, PCC, NA, Imhotep etc all those schools get kids that come to play for them. Program success.
Cannot speak for any other schools other than SJP, rarely takes transfers. I'm only asking for the record, I could care less. I just love when people cast stones because SJP recruits. lol. One more question, how many of your seniors are going on to play college football. When I say college football I'm referring to the Notre Dame level and level below?

SJP has never taken a senior transfer, rarely a junior transfer (maybe three or four in Infante's 8 years), and very occasionally a sophomore transfer (one or two a year).

I’m not talking the number of transfers, but if a kids looking to move schools and he fits the requirements for sjp or whatever, why not chose to go there? It’s a great school and has a great program to play for. This is for any school.

And to transfer into a PCL school, or PCC, the family does not have to move. Are you saying these kids are willing to move in their senior years from Ohio to Pennsylvania just for the "chance" to play QB?

I know the WPIAAL is way more prone to contest transfers than probably any other area in the state. Do you get they sense that these transfers will be uncontested?

Honestly I doubt this one kid is moving from Ohio to PA just to play QB for PR. There could be other factors involved like parents job etc that me and new2pa don’t know at the time. I don’t think the wpial really contests out of state transfers much if at all either.

Cannot speak for any other schools other than SJP, rarely takes transfers. I'm only asking for the record, I could care less. I just love when people cast stones because SJP recruits. lol. One more question, how many of your seniors are going on to play college football. When I say college football I'm referring to the Notre Dame level and level below?

I wasn’t casting stones at all so I don’t understand the negative attitude. All I’m saying is the reason why a kid would chose say SJP or a PR.

I believe PR had 5 or 6 sign and one more who lives in Miami now is going to Miami for track.

I’m not talking the number of transfers, but if a kids looking to move schools and he fits the requirements for sjp or whatever, why not chose to go there? It’s a great school and has a great program to play for. This is for any school.

Honestly I doubt this one kid is moving from Ohio to PA just to play QB for PR. There could be other factors involved like parents job etc that me and new2pa don’t know at the time. I don’t think the wpial really contests out of state transfers much if at all either.

I wasn’t casting stones at all so I don’t understand the negative attitude. All I’m saying is the reason why a kid would chose say SJP or a PR.

I believe PR had 5 or 6 sign and one more who lives in Miami now is going to Miami for track.

I did not take it you were casting stones, it was a general statement directed at usual suspects. I was recently in Orlando, had the chance to hear Coach K speak, PR and SJP have pretty much identical run programs. Was mentioned SJP send 12 kids to college for football every year. That is not even close to the truth. I am just saying.

I did not take it you were casting stones, it was a general statement directed at usual suspects. I was recently in Orlando, had the chance to hear Coach K speak, PR and SJP have pretty much identical run programs. Was mentioned SJP send 12 kids to college for football every year. That is not even close to the truth. I am just saying.
My question to the board is assuming PR and SJP face off in the playoffs, will coach K once again make it a point to talk about the out-of-state players on SJP's roster? Maybe again claim that SJP has kids from NY?

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
My question to the board is assuming PR and SJP face off in the playoffs, will coach K once again make it a point to talk about the out-of-state players on SJP's roster? Maybe again claim that SJP has kids from NY?

I think you are referring to 2014. So, I guess you can answer your own question. Did he do it again in 2017. I'm not sure, but I don't think so.

Any idea about PCC next year ?

Return some skill guys and linemen, should be better than last year. Also had guys injured last year that are back that should make an impact healthy. I expect them to be favored to win the WPIAL but this won't be the type of team they had in 2015 and 2016 where they had D1 guys all over. PCC64 should have a better idea of what team they will have. 6A in the WPIAL should be pretty open next year. Mount Lebo, NA, PCC, PR should all be pretty good.

Reactions: lilromeo
Notable players PCC will lose on offense include the QB (Fisher), a couple good skill player (Weather, Laconi), their TE/FB (David Green) and at least 2 linemen. I would expect their offense to be centered around a new QB (Sunseri), Corey Thomas, Gavin Thompson, and a very good RB who hurt his knee in the McKeesport scrimmage last year. Sunseri is a 5'11" thick kid. More of a RB that plays QB, but very tough and a competitor.

Defensively they lose two DL including David Green, both ILB's, and Weathers and Laconi at DB. They return Brian Dallas at one DE and Thompson and Thomas at DB. Dom Dixson also played a lot of OLB or DB and he also returns. The final player who saw time on defense was Sunseri, but if he is their QB, I doubt that will happen.

Funny, in reading this, they had a ton of 2 way players.

Notable players PCC will lose on offense include the QB (Fisher), a couple good skill player (Weather, Laconi), their TE/FB (David Green) and at least 2 linemen. I would expect their offense to be centered around a new QB (Sunseri), Corey Thomas, Gavin Thompson, and a very good RB who hurt his knee in the McKeesport scrimmage last year. Sunseri is a 5'11" thick kid. More of a RB that plays QB, but very tough and a competitor.

Defensively they lose two DL including David Green, both ILB's, and Weathers and Laconi at DB. They return Brian Dallas at one DE and Thompson and Thomas at DB. Dom Dixson also played a lot of OLB or DB and he also returns. The final player who saw time on defense was Sunseri, but if he is their QB, I doubt that will happen.

Is Sunseri related to the one that played awhile ago that ended up at Pitt ?

If I remeber correctly they had 3 sr OL starting, a Jr and a soph but whenever they played PR at Heinz they had 2 soph starting due to injury. They also have the jones kid (shorter but bigger back) that played a good bit and the kid I think that’s related to cj Thorpe in the backfield as well with Robson.

Reactions: new2pa
If I remeber correctly they had 3 sr OL starting, a Jr and a soph but whenever they played PR at Heinz they had 2 soph starting due to injury. They also have the jones kid (shorter but bigger back) that played a good bit and the kid I think that’s related to cj Thorpe in the backfield as well with Robson.
Jacky, New....has IMG been confirmed yet?

I have not seen any official confirmation on twitter or elsewhere, but after nosing around to a couple folks this past weekend, I think its 90+% likely with a greater than 50-50 chance to be on ESPN again. I think P-R will play the role of Huber Heights Wayne this time though. But you never know.

Jacky, New....has IMG been confirmed yet?
PR school board denied the request to travel to Florida to play IMG. They were concerned that not all students get such an opportunity. Typical BS. However, the proposal to have IMG play here in 8/24 is in IMG’s hands.

P-R tweeted then deleted post that they had come to agreement to play IMG at P-R in Week 0. Newspaper’s reporting contract has not been finalized yet.

Not PR news but some wpial news, heard a rumour that Corey Thomas from PCC is transferring to penn hills. Top receiver and DB

Not PR news but some wpial news, heard a rumour that Corey Thomas from PCC is transferring to penn hills. Top receiver and DB

That's interesting. Have you heard any reason why? 3 schools in 4 years for him then, right?

That's interesting. Have you heard any reason why? 3 schools in 4 years for him then, right?

Haven’t heard anything yet, but if I had to speculate it could be something like tuition or the way he was being used in their offense. And yes I believe that’s correct.

Keep in mind sunseri tried transferring to PR a couple months ago as well

What happened with Sunseri? I hadn’t heard that. Or maybe I did and forgot. LoL.

What happened with Sunseri? I hadn’t heard that. Or maybe I did and forgot. LoL.

I guess was gonna come to pr but had to back out last minute. I suppose a rumour but it came from reliable sources.

Anouther note, penn hills has no reason to not beat every team in their conference by 60+ imo, they’re loaded at skill positions especially if this thomas move is true

Who is the QB from Ohio rumored to have transferred to PR?

Transfer hasn't happened yet not sure when it will if I have to guess he'll probably come sometime this summer. Don't want to say the guys name until it's official.

Reactions: sched13
P-R related updates I've saw/heard:

I saw on twitter that Corey Thomas from PCC is now at Penn Hills. Penn Hill should be a juggernaut in 5A. I also just saw on twitter that the PCC-Erie Prep game will be played at the Wolverina this year as part of a 6 game deal. That should be a nice game.

Pr's game against IMG game will be put up for approval at the next school board meeting. That probably won't be a nice game. I applaud them for wanting to do it, but I don't think it will be close.

This is opposite from what I heard up until now, but neither of the rumoured transfer QB's are actually transferring. I haven't heard all the specifics of either kid but the one kid's school is going to keep playing football so he is staying and the other kid (Ohio one) was going to come but has a family situation and was also getting direct and roundabout abuse from P-R families. The pieces of this story that I've heard are really unbelievable about what people are doing and who. Makes me think there has been some blowback from the Kenny White situation last year. I would guess it would either be the backup from last year or the Spencer kid who will be a sophomore starting now. Either way, tough opening game from them.

P-R related updates I've saw/heard:

I saw on twitter that Corey Thomas from PCC is now at Penn Hills. Penn Hill should be a juggernaut in 5A. I also just saw on twitter that the PCC-Erie Prep game will be played at the Wolverina this year as part of a 6 game deal. That should be a nice game.

Pr's game against IMG game will be put up for approval at the next school board meeting. That probably won't be a nice game. I applaud them for wanting to do it, but I don't think it will be close.

This is opposite from what I heard up until now, but neither of the rumoured transfer QB's are actually transferring. I haven't heard all the specifics of either kid but the one kid's school is going to keep playing football so he is staying and the other kid (Ohio one) was going to come but has a family situation and was also getting direct and roundabout abuse from P-R families. The pieces of this story that I've heard are really unbelievable about what people are doing and who. Makes me think there has been some blowback from the Kenny White situation last year. I would guess it would either be the backup from last year or the Spencer kid who will be a sophomore starting now. Either way, tough opening game from them.

Wonder who replaces Thomas on offense and defense for pcc? Always seemed to me like he was considered one of their best players on both sides.

Theyll at least get the exposure and expierence playing against the best in the country, nothing in the wpial will compare to that.

I haven’t heard anything about the two QBs in a while but that’s all interesting. What are people specially doing to the Ohio kid? Seems messed up they’d do that, and it’s unfair for them to assume he’ll bring the same antics white had. Him and his dad were headcases and this was known way before they came to PR. Honestly they could end up being screwed. I don’t think Spencer is ready to start yet, and the other two seniors simply aren’t good enough and they won’t be very good on O if either has to play. I guess it’s what to expect after a state championship team and losing 20+ seniors, rebuilding year maybe. I sure hope not though. The plan might be to ride meckler behind that O line.

Last edited:
What I’m hearing is now is some coaches went to Ohio and had a private workout or whatever with the kid, and are now facing some discplinary stuff for it from the school. No Idea if that’s why the transfer isn’t happening now, but not a good look for the coaches.

I should have waited a couple hours to post. There was a booster meeting tonight and I asked my buddy who was there about the transfers. I guess he spoke to someone about it because this is what he emailed me:

"p-r QB coach started a training business, and went to Ohio and worked this kid out one time with a couple WR's. kids come back and tell their friends about this QB and it blows up. ohio QB's parents are having trouble and Mom is from p-r area and thinking about moving back but decides against it because they starting getting letters from p-r people say to not come and they will make sure her son won't be eligible. the thing I couldn't believe is that someone from p-r is also telling some recruiting guy in Ohio about all this and its affecting the kids future. There is more. I will call you."

Jacky, what you heard sounds about right.I guess guy is trying to capitalize on success of Jurkovec, etc. and all this is blowing up.

But he did call me and what he said is borderline crazy. He said that the coaches know the two families who are causing all the problems (parents and close friends of two very recent players) and that coaches have all the emails, texts, etc. from these parents back over the past 7 years to them and to others, including the ones for this recent incident.

I'm not sure how they would have got those or what they say, but he said they cast the parents and friends in a pretty bad light. (I asked if he saw them and he said no.) I guess since the players are finally out of the program, the coaches are going to fight back pretty hard to the administration if anything comes of this and use everything they have because they are tired of being browbeat by this family. The last thing he said (also pretty unbelievable) is that someone (P-R?, kids family?) was in contact with the NCAA about some compliance issue related to all of this and the local family "threatening" the Ohio kid. I think he meant there was some local connection to a college or something and it was hurting this kids chances. I was pretty lost at this point.

Then he told me the people involved. Nuts. 2 moms. One football. One not.

What has high school football come to? I remember getting my facemask ripped up and down and telling my parents about it and them just looking at me like I was nuts. Then to hear something like this.

I've only heard about the Spencer kid. He is supposed to be a really good wrestler and really good athlete. But good programs don't start sophomore QB's. (Jurkovec excluded, I guess.) Did anyone see DiNucci as a sophomore? Was he any better?

The kids that played last year in mop up time didn't look impressive, but they didn't really let him do much either.

Like you said, run the ball. Their OL should be pretty darn good.

I should have waited a couple hours to post. There was a booster meeting tonight and I asked my buddy who was there about the transfers. I guess he spoke to someone about it because this is what he emailed me:

"p-r QB coach started a training business, and went to Ohio and worked this kid out one time with a couple WR's. kids come back and tell their friends about this QB and it blows up. ohio QB's parents are having trouble and Mom is from p-r area and thinking about moving back but decides against it because they starting getting letters from p-r people say to not come and they will make sure her son won't be eligible. the thing I couldn't believe is that someone from p-r is also telling some recruiting guy in Ohio about all this and its affecting the kids future. There is more. I will call you."

Jacky, what you heard sounds about right.I guess guy is trying to capitalize on success of Jurkovec, etc. and all this is blowing up.

But he did call me and what he said is borderline crazy. He said that the coaches know the two families who are causing all the problems (parents and close friends of two very recent players) and that coaches have all the emails, texts, etc. from these parents back over the past 7 years to them and to others, including the ones for this recent incident.

I'm not sure how they would have got those or what they say, but he said they cast the parents and friends in a pretty bad light. (I asked if he saw them and he said no.) I guess since the players are finally out of the program, the coaches are going to fight back pretty hard to the administration if anything comes of this and use everything they have because they are tired of being browbeat by this family. The last thing he said (also pretty unbelievable) is that someone (P-R?, kids family?) was in contact with the NCAA about some compliance issue related to all of this and the local family "threatening" the Ohio kid. I think he meant there was some local connection to a college or something and it was hurting this kids chances. I was pretty lost at this point.

Then he told me the people involved. Nuts. 2 moms. One football. One not.

What has high school football come to? I remember getting my facemask ripped up and down and telling my parents about it and them just looking at me like I was nuts. Then to hear something like this.

Wow! That is CRAZY. I believe I know which family you are referencing. I wish parents would let coaches do their job. I guess some moms have way too much time on their hands. Happy Mother's Day!;)

I've only heard about the Spencer kid. He is supposed to be a really good wrestler and really good athlete. But good programs don't start sophomore QB's. (Jurkovec excluded, I guess.) Did anyone see DiNucci as a sophomore? Was he any better?

The kids that played last year in mop up time didn't look impressive, but they didn't really let him do much either.

Like you said, run the ball. Their OL should be pretty darn good.

Yeah, Spencer is a great athlete and should be a pretty good leader. I still don't think he will be a difference maker at QB THIS YEAR, but with some playing time you never know! They may not have a choice but to start him from the sounds of it, but with a season under his belt, I predict he will be one of the best in the WPIAL in 2019 and beyond.

ADVERTISEMENT