ADVERTISEMENT

PIAA Revising Competition Formula

bucksftball

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2020
See the below article for the first read of the new competition formula. It will eliminate the transfer component and rely solely on program success. Southern Columbia will start moving up the classifications, depending on when it goes into effect. Not sure how I feel about this, you're now punishing success. There's no good answer. I'd rather punish schools for taking transfers regardless of whether they have success or not, but the reality is that some transfers are completely out of their control, and you end up punishing the kids. I think we are close to the PIAA relaxing all of the transfer rules, since they are not being enforced anyway.

See the below article for the first read of the new competition formula. It will eliminate the transfer component and rely solely on program success. Southern Columbia will start moving up the classifications, depending on when it goes into effect. Not sure how I feel about this, you're now punishing success. There's no good answer. I'd rather punish schools for taking transfers regardless of whether they have success or not, but the reality is that some transfers are completely out of their control, and you end up punishing the kids. I think we are close to the PIAA relaxing all of the transfer rules, since they are not being enforced anyway.

Nothing like being punished for success bucks. But I will disagree with the thought 'there's no good answer'. There is.
Let the kids play where the hell they want to play. Things like freedom of choice and so forth; extreme concepts. Who has the 'right' to tell them (your kids) they can't? The piaa certainly have the might but you've got to fight that power unless you agree with it. Isley Bros said it well in '75.

Nothing like being punished for success bucks. But I will disagree with the thought 'there's no good answer'. There is.
Let the kids play where the hell they want to play. Things like freedom of choice and so forth; extreme concepts. Who has the 'right' to tell them (your kids) they can't? The piaa certainly have the might but you've got to fight that power unless you agree with it. Isley Bros said it well in '75.

I meant no good answer to the competition formula. I do think think they should just scrap the recruiting / transfer rules because they are not enforced. Recruiting happens openly in Bucks County. It’s not hidden in any way… when a school refuses to sign off on a transfer they hold a hearing and the athlete almost always wins. (And again, I don’t think we should punish athletes for the sins of their parents / coaches).

Reactions: lilromeo
I meant no good answer to the competition formula. I do think think they should just scrap the recruiting / transfer rules because they are not enforced. Recruiting happens openly in Bucks County. It’s not hidden in any way… when a school refuses to sign off on a transfer they hold a hearing and the athlete almost always wins. (And again, I don’t think we should punish athletes for the sins of their parents / coaches).
I hear you bucksftball. I'm just venting. And right, it's wide open for all to see at any rate so drop the pretense.

Reactions: bucksftball
all of these perennial powerhouses like Southern Columbia like to claim they could beat the bigger schools

it's time they prove it

all of these perennial powerhouses like Southern Columbia like to claim they could beat the bigger schools

it's time they prove it
In my view, the rights of individuals transcend whether Southern Columbia beats anyone, ever again. Who cares who SCA beats or loses to except for the entertainment value? It's just high school football. Fun, but just a game.
Tee it up and let em play........anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT