ADVERTISEMENT

PIAA Approves 6 Classes for 2016

RoverNation05

Aug 22, 2010
Board is being presented the recommended proposal to expand to six classes of approximately 96 schools, starting next season.

The proposal would also reduce the season to 15 weeks.

Six classes passed 26-4. This will be implemented next season. I have some stuff compiled what this will look like that I'll get around to posting.

I have an old thread where I estimated the breakdown, I'll see if I can find it and bump it.

It will be real interesting this time around waiting for the new enrollment numbers to be released for the next 2-year cycle. Numbers have to be in this month. I'm sure there are many schools that could be on the fence between the different classifications.

That knocks the WPIAL almost totally out of 6A. PCC is the lone powerhouse to stay in the top tier.
Whitehall misses the cut in the Valley.
Reading High has over 2,000 males. How are they not a regional power at least?

Does the 15 game schedule reduce the regular season from 10-9 or the playoffs from 6-5?

If the playoffs ate cut , you are looking at only an 8 team field in district 1 at the 6a level. That becomes a real dog fight given all the quality teams still in the big school class.

I'm thinking the central league will have to seriously consider changing their schedule since it would now include mostly 5 a teams. Hard to be in the top 8 if you are going to force your teams to play that many games against lower classes.

That knocks the WPIAL almost totally out of 6A. PCC is the lone powerhouse to stay in the top tier.
Whitehall misses the cut in the Valley.
Reading High has over 2,000 males. How are they not a regional power at least?
NA is a powerhouse , but I hear ya def watered down, hopefully the stronger 5A WPIAL programs play 6A with Wood and TEP....

Pine Richland will more than likely be 6A by enrollment. They will compete very well in that class for at least the next couple years.

If things don't change, PCC, NA, and PR will all be in the same conference....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT