ADVERTISEMENT

Pettine to Green Bay

Congrats to him. Collected a nice little payday for one year in hell (Cleveland) too.

He took one heck of a gamble leaving North Penn to chase a goal/dream-glad to see his gamble paid off pretty well for him.

This has me thinking: Which HS coaches in our area could make the jump to college/pros?

I think a couple guys on the staff at Pine-Richland could. I have heard some of them are waiting until their kids get out of school before considering moving on, including Coach K.

Yes, congrats to him. However I think people make too much of a big deal about him leaving NP. What's the big gamble? If it didn't work he would have slid back in at another school, etc.

Infante. I know he's rumored to make the jump often. And, it makes some sense. His coaching acumen is outstanding. He's very involved in some national football organizations, which most likely means he's well connected. Additionally, he must have relationships with many colleges based upon the amount of his players that have been heavily recruited. By all accounts, his a very nice guy and seems to have the type of personality that college coaches seek. He could definitely do a hell of a job recruiting (sorry I had to throw it in there!).

Chad Brubaker at Spring-Ford is a guy that would be a natural at the next level. Runs a college-like program now. Does a great job with marketing, P.R. and even has a weekly studio show. Would be great with the media. Runs a very sophisticated, up-tempo offense which kids these days enjoy. Only a matter of time before he makes the jump.

Speaking of which; whatever happened to LaSalle's Coach Gordon?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT