ADVERTISEMENT

Pennsbury 41 Council Rock South 6

705 Hood

Sep 22, 2017
CR South actually led this game 6-0 after a nice opening KR and mid-range TD pass down the right sideline. But Pennsbury's D got things together and delivered the following results on South's remaining drives: pick 6, punt, downs, downs, punt, downs, punt, downs, end of game.

The Falcons' O looked a lot like last week vs. Tennent, doing all damage in the first half and taking a 41-6 lead into the break. FB #24 Mulbah ran 11 for 105 and 2 scores, WB #7 Beighley added a 73-yd TD run and QB #12 McGurrin went 2 of 2 for 54 yards and 2 TDs.

Pennsbury steps up significantly in competition next Friday at CB West.

Bucks - I know CBW is 1-2. They had a tough week 0 lose to GV. The trouncing of Qtown seems to be a good sign. Any thoughts on them through 3 weeks? I would guess Pennsbury-CBW will be an old school grind it out type of game. I think Pennsbury might be able to keep it competitive with the clock running so much. Any early thoughts on the matchup? I always appreciate your insight on CBW. Thanks.

Bucks - I know CBW is 1-2. They had a tough week 0 lose to GV. The trouncing of Qtown seems to be a good sign. Any thoughts on them through 3 weeks? I would guess Pennsbury-CBW will be an old school grind it out type of game. I think Pennsbury might be able to keep it competitive with the clock running so much. Any early thoughts on the matchup? I always appreciate your insight on CBW. Thanks.

Here's some bullet points on a very strange season so far for the Bucks:

1. Off-season saw their best returning defensive player, first team all league nose tackle, lost to an ACL. Two players who were expected starters transferred to Lasalle, including one who is starting at LB and another who's seeing the field as a sophomore. Last Friday night their SS suffered a knee injury that is feared to also be an ACL. West doesn't have the depth to just say "next man up."
2. They are still a young team, started 6-7 sophomores last year and most of their D are now juniors, as is their QB, two best receivers, TE, etc... The senior class that just graduated was small in numbers but sent 5 to play at the next level.
3. It's been a tale of two teams.... are they the week 1 and week 3 team or the week 2 disaster? Week 1 was an inspired effort, at least defensively, with only a few mistakes on D and if they could have eliminated the turnovers they win, probably by two scores. Week 2 was a total disaster from the fumble of the opening kickoff, multiple other fumbles, another pick, penalties, etc... they were just bad. Week 3 was against a rebuilding Q town team but at least they took care of business and ran for I believe at least 325+. Throwing for 3 TDs was a bit misleading because it wasn't a lot of yardage but effective nonetheless.
4. That leads me to say I just don't know who they are yet. You see flashes of a good team and flashes of a bad team. Time will tell.
5. I do think, based solely on the scores I've seen and the familiarity with each other's offenses, that it will be a fairly close game. Should be as old school of a game as you will find in HS football.

Big win for Pennsbury over west. I didn’t see the game, I was just following scores. It ended 26-21, but seemed like Pennsbury was in control for most of the game? (At least the second half?). Bucks - any insight? How bad does this hurt West’s playoff chances?

Big win for Pennsbury over west. I didn’t see the game, I was just following scores. It ended 26-21, but seemed like Pennsbury was in control for most of the game? (At least the second half?). Bucks - any insight? How bad does this hurt West’s playoff chances?
Check out my new post on the Pennsbury - CB West game.

Reactions: HSFB99
ADVERTISEMENT