ADVERTISEMENT

Pennsbury 38 - Pennridge 32

IronMarshal

Jul 13, 2002
Wow! I had this one wrong. I thought a low scoring slugfest with Pennsbury winning by a score or two, 14-7 maybe 21- 7 at most.

Pennsburry had a great team last year. In last years district title game it was obvious they weren't a passing team. Have they been throwing the ball this year?

This was one crazy game. After scoring on their first possession of the second half, Pennsbury led 38-6. A TD here, a turnover there, an onside kick, a couple well-timed penalties and we got ourselves a ball game. Pennridge actually threw an interception in the end zone early in the fourth quarter and failed to stop Pennsbury on a 4th and 3 at the 45 yard line with just over a minute left in the game. Pennridge was flat and had no heart in the first half, but somehow they snapped out of it and almost pulled off the huge comeback.

Most of Pennsbury's successful passing seems to be to backs, much like last year and the previous year. Both Breon Clark and Mike Alley could and can sling it, but this is still a ground and pound program. In the past two years I have watched Pennsbury receivers struggle with route running and in air adjustments. I assume this is because so much time is put into perfecting the Wing T ground game, blocking assignments and counters, traps etc. Pennsbury is usually very polished in that area, but they neglect the passing game. When they need it, it isn't there.

Thanks Iron. They could have walked away with district championship if they were more efficient. Not having kept Cville in the game almost tying it. I would have thought the Pburry coach would have put more time into it. Looking forward to seeing Falcons match up with North Penn and Neshaminy giving us an idea who is tops from Suburban this year.

Pennsbury still refuses to throw the ball. Its borderline insanity. But, i guess if it ain't broke don't fix it. Pennridge looked like they didn't practice vs Pennsburys veer option. The QB pulled it 7 times and netted 18 yards a carry. No adjustments. Pennridge had a ton of success when they got away from their wing t. Great game great high school atmosphere. I was very impressed with Pennsbury the game between them and North Penn will be for the National Title and............the winner will win the district.

Doesn't look like Suburban One will be producing this years D1 winner. Wasn't last year's Pennsbury vs Pennridge game crazy too or am I thinking CB South? Something like 56-52?

48, I noticed that as well. Reluctant, Pennsbury beat Ridge 41-14 last year. I still say either Npenn or Pennsbury are going to win the district. Pennsbury dismantled Pennridge as did Npenn.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT