ADVERTISEMENT

Pennsbury 35 William Tennent 0

705 Hood

Sep 22, 2017
Game Notes:
* Falcons ended 17-game losing streak dating to 2019 Neshaminy game (by far longest losing streak in school history).
* Snyder's Wing-T was in full effect - 250+ rush yards and 5 rush TDs in first half. Offensive starters were done at halftime.
* FB Mulbah and WB Beighley both over 100+ rush yards and 2 TDs in first half. QB McGurrin added a TD.
* PHS threw 4 passes (McGurrin 2 of 2 for 36 yards).
* Defense was stellar, reportedly allowing only 5 first half total yards.
* Tennent might be worst team in 6A District 1.
* Kudos to Snyder for playing back-ups early in second half. But - when Tennent threatened to score in third quarter, he sent first unit back in, eventually ending Tennent drive at 1 yard line. IMHO, leave reserves in game.
* Next up, "home" game vs. CR South at Truman.

Game Notes:
* Falcons ended 17-game losing streak dating to 2019 Neshaminy game (by far longest losing streak in school history).
* Snyder's Wing-T was in full effect - 250+ rush yards and 5 rush TDs in first half. Offensive starters were done at halftime.
* FB Mulbah and WB Beighley both over 100+ rush yards and 2 TDs in first half. QB McGurrin added a TD.
* PHS threw 4 passes (McGurrin 2 of 2 for 36 yards).
* Defense was stellar, reportedly allowing only 5 first half total yards.
* Tennent might be worst team in 6A District 1.
* Kudos to Snyder for playing back-ups early in second half. But - when Tennent threatened to score in third quarter, he sent first unit back in, eventually ending Tennent drive at 1 yard line. IMHO, leave reserves in game.
* Next up, "home" game vs. CR South at Truman.
I think the Falcons are a better team than I first thought. The D MVP from 1st game 29 didn’t play a down in the first half, and the D only gave up 5 yards!
CR south was losing to Tennent until the 3rd quarter, and Tennent I agree is the worst team in D1. And CR south gave Neshaminy a hell of a game! I think the Falcons go 6-4!
How many teams make it to playoffs?

Last edited:
I think the Falcons are a better team than I first thought. The D MVP from 1st game 29 didn’t play a down in the first half, and the D only gave up 5 yards!
CR south was losing to Tennent until the 3rd quarter, and Tennent I agree is the worst team in D1. And CB south gave Neshaminy a hell of a game! I think the Falcons go 6-4!
How many teams make it to playoffs?
We noticed 29 sat out first half also. Wonder why.

Falcons looking like they are somewhere in middle of 6A pack in D1. Should make just about every remaining game interesting.

16 teams make playoffs (out of 33, I believe) so 6 wins should get them in.

#9 is the best player on Pennsbury defense. should be first-team all-league player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT