ADVERTISEMENT

Pennsbury 28 CB South 6

705 Hood

Sep 22, 2017
Pennsbury's defense put together another stellar effort, holding CB South under 150 total yards, and FB #24 G Mulbah and the offense broke loose in the second half for a 28-6 win.

South started the scoring in the first quarter, following a Falcon fumble, with a short TD run to go up 6-0. Pennsbury answered with a long drive as QB #12 McGurrin kept on the option and scored from 9 yards out, and the Falcons took a 7-6 lead into halftime.

South fumbled the second half kickoff, but penalties set Pennsbury back and forced a punt. The Falcons D, however, gave Pennsbury some scoreboard breathing room with a pick six by LB #6 Wade off of a ball tipped at the line. Another short CBS drive was followed by a PHS missed 42-yard field goal. One play later, South fumbled again, and Mulbah punched it in from 4 yards out early fourth quarter for a 21-6 lead.

The Titans still had life after a nice kick return and screen pass helped set them up first and goal at the 3. Once again, Pennsbury's defense rose to the occasion and held firm, handing the ball to the offense at the PHS 9. Mulbah needed one play to ice the game, racing 91 yards for the final score of the night. The icing on the icing was an on side kick which the Falcons recovered, allowing them to bleed the clock down to one final South play.

Ground and Pound finished with 57 carries for 356 yards and 3 scores. Mulbah went over 200 for the second week in a row (27 for 229, 2 tds) and WB #7 Beighley complimented G with 17 for 94. McGurrin was 1 of 2 passing for 8 yards, but was also sacked a few times attempting to throw.

The Falcons defense is just playing viciously right now. They are straight-up getting after it, bringing people from somewhere seemingly on every play. LBs #9 Gabbett, #6 Wade and #29 Mullery are fast and active. The starting WBs, Beighley and #22 David, also started at CB, shoring up what may have been the weakest links on the defensive side.

Snyder used #18 to kick extra points for the first time, and he was a perfect 4 for 4. #87 has the bigger leg and still kicked off and also tried the long field goal.

Penalties were a problem for the Falcons, with two drives deep into South territory stalled by flags. Gabbett picked up an unsportsmanlike late hit out of bounds on the South QB on their scoring drive. To me, it felt more like a message than a mistake.

Week Six - CB East (5-0) comes to Truman HS to face the Falcons (4-1) for sole possession of first place in the SOL National. Everyone had this one circled in the preseason as a possible Game of the Year, right?

The Black Birds are coming on strong!

In fact, they're looking good enough that I was compelled to check a few Google sites to find the following:

Do not wake a sleeping giant. This is an idiom which means: Do not disturb/annoy/provoke someone powerful who was not disturbing you in the first place.

Actually, it's good to see that it appears Pennsbury has righted the ship -- and as was to be expected with Coach Snyder back at the helm.

In any event, we'll soon enough see how the season rounds out as we roll along through the halfway point but it would seem that the season-ender at "Heartbreak Ridge" will have a bit more of an old time 'Skins vs. Falcons feel.

Go 'Skins!!

Reactions: 705 Hood
In any event, we'll soon enough see how the season rounds out as we roll along through the halfway point but it would seem that the season-ender at "Heartbreak Ridge" will have a bit more of an old time 'Skins vs. Falcons feel.
Will be a lot more on the line this year than last when it was 1-8 vs 0-9. Second half of the season should be exciting.

This was surprising again. Sub-1 National looks super competitive this year and still with a few teams possibly taking it. West taking it to the knights was a shocker, maybe they figured out their identity. Skins are lurking and the Pats appear to be the favorite for now. I don’t think anyone can write off the Knights either. Love to see the Ridge in it as well. Lots of strong teams in this league!

Pennsbury maybe the team to beat. I know I said 6-4, but after 2 more weeks and looking around the league, I think if Penns wins next week they should go 9-1! I said it, but these coaches have these boys playing and believing in themselves!
if the Falcons can stop the penalties and cover a kickoff or punt return, the last 2 games would not be close! Snyder needs to put Starters on Kickoff & punt coverage!
snyder=🐐

For whatever it's worth the Sub-One Nat looks to be contested this year with Pennsbury making the noise it has and then CBE playing very, very solid. Couple that with NP appearing wobbly but not out and then the 'Skins -- with a very stout run defense coupled with one of their 1,500 yard RBs and a developing pass game -- capable of a run and your blood gets a little warmer.

Of course, it's early (notwithstanding half the regular season behind us) and if you tear apart the schedules it's not clear that any of those squads have been pushed too, too hard just yet (and when they were the result was usually an "L"). Be that as it may ...

Anyway, after the Covid years -- and the 2-18 'Skins/Falcons record last year -- I'm glad teams are back out on the field and getting after it (with "normal" schedules and full houses of excited and loyal fans back in the house -- including yours truly who did make that cross country trek just to see Neshaminy down the shore at "The Battle at The Beach").

Pennsbury maybe the team to beat. I know I said 6-4, but after 2 more weeks and looking around the league, I think if Penns wins next week they should go 9-1! I said it, but these coaches have these boys playing and believing in themselves!
if the Falcons can stop the penalties and cover a kickoff or punt return, the last 2 games would not be close! Snyder needs to put Starters on Kickoff & punt coverage!
snyder=🐐
I won't assume a win over North Penn until I see it happen, considering Snyder is 0 for forever vs NP. But it does seem very possible at this point. Every remaining game can be won. Wonder what the betting line would be vs. CB East.

Agree that Achilles heel could be kick coverage and penalties.

Reactions: McShittty
snyder=🐐
They that good? I saw them once Vs West. They almost blew that one after big plays and just running all over the place. They don’t appear to have an ability to pass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT