ADVERTISEMENT

Pennridge HC also resigns...

bucksftball

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2020
Now two big openings in SE PA. Headed to Texas according to article in Courier Times.

Wow that’s big news. I thought Coach Muller did a great job there. Best of luck to him on his new gig! Pennridge has had lots of talent. I wonder who takes over? It’s a tough situation with it being so late.

bucks - how do you see Pennridge stacking up against the rest of that conference this year?

Wow that’s big news. I thought Coach Muller did a great job there. Best of luck to him on his new gig! Pennridge has had lots of talent. I wonder who takes over? It’s a tough situation with it being so late.

bucks - how do you see Pennridge stacking up against the rest of that conference this year?
A few thoughts. I think Coach Muller definitely moved the program forward, with the question (which now won't be answered) of whether he could take the next step forward. Last year's team was probably a missed opportunity, they had four (so far) D1 guys, two up front and two in the backfield / LB. Plenty of supporting cast too with size and good speed. They have to win those two West games, especially the first one at home in front of a loud crowd. I think he's brought the enthusiasm back to the program, the weight room seems to be a real strength, and kids are getting heavily recruited. It's a very very good job with community support and an ample supply of talent, both bigs and skill.

In terms of this year's team, they have two D1 guys back, a big lineman returning from injury, and should be in the mix. QB will be a question mark as well as rebuilding the O-line. And now coaching becomes the even bigger question. North Penn will be reloaded as usual with the big QB back (and another well timed transfer). West has a lot of talent returning but needs to plug some holes on the line and at LB. East fans are very high on next year's team but I'm not convinced yet. Neshaminy will be improved as will Pennsbury (probably VERY improved) but not sure either is ready to take a leap into the upper tier. Abington probably facing another tough year.

I'd say Pennridge is clearly top 3 based on rosters alone, the question is how quickly can a new coach get hired, how much existing staff gets flipped and if they are starting from scratch scheme-wise. A mid-June staff change and new installs starting only 6 weeks before camp opens is a challenging situation.

Thanks for the assessment. I knew they had some really talented teams the past few years. They do look great in uniform; you can tell their weight room program is legitimate. Those West games were battles last year. They were a lot of fun to watch. I agree PR had more talent. Did they have solid freshmen and JV squads?

Thanks for the assessment. I knew they had some really talented teams the past few years. They do look great in uniform; you can tell their weight room program is legitimate. Those West games were battles last year. They were a lot of fun to watch. I agree PR had more talent. Did they have solid freshmen and JV squads?
CB West certainly has an explosive offense returning. Can they outscore PR and NP ??

The Pennridge / CB West games last year were two of the best games I’ve seen recently. Old school smash mouth from each side. West made one more play than Pennridge in each game. In the playoff game, the West D played very very well except for one long run in the 4th. West D dominated that game with Pennridge running a ridiculously low number of total plays. Kids from both programs seem to have a lot of respect for each other.

I believe Pennridge has been good at the JV level recently, not sure about the freshman team. West has had 4 years in a row of very good freshman teams. JV has won the vast majority of their games also.

CB West certainly has an explosive offense returning. Can they outscore PR and NP ??
The million dollar question. Can the young QB come into his own and build on the passing success they had late in the year? Boehm might be the best back in the SOL this year and Cherubini is very good also. Need to find a new fullback to replace Mancini.

Reactions: lilromeo
Pennridge players pushing online for assistant coach Chuck Burgy to be elevated to head coach.

Are there any other candidates? This late in the game, it would make sense for an assistant to take over.

Reactions: bucksftball
Are there any other candidates? This late in the game, it would make sense for an assistant to take over.
Not sure who’s applying or who’s available at this late of a date. I don’t have any contacts up in Perkasie and have only heard one unsubstantiated rumor.

What would that be? I would not be surprised to see Ryan Nase throw his hat in the ring. I am not sure if he’s been coaching anywhere since his Cheltenham departure.

Heard through the grapevine that Pennridge had already abandoned their “pistol wing-t” offense and was installing a spread offense before the HC resigned. Seems to be confirmed by the players tweeting out that a reason to promote one of their assistants was that the seniors were already on their 3rd offense in 4 years.

A few thoughts. I think Coach Muller definitely moved the program forward, with the question (which now won't be answered) of whether he could take the next step forward. Last year's team was probably a missed opportunity, they had four (so far) D1 guys, two up front and two in the backfield / LB. Plenty of supporting cast too with size and good speed. They have to win those two West games, especially the first one at home in front of a loud crowd. I think he's brought the enthusiasm back to the program, the weight room seems to be a real strength, and kids are getting heavily recruited. It's a very very good job with community support and an ample supply of talent, both bigs and skill.

In terms of this year's team, they have two D1 guys back, a big lineman returning from injury, and should be in the mix. QB will be a question mark as well as rebuilding the O-line. And now coaching becomes the even bigger question. North Penn will be reloaded as usual with the big QB back (and another well timed transfer). West has a lot of talent returning but needs to plug some holes on the line and at LB. East fans are very high on next year's team but I'm not convinced yet. Neshaminy will be improved as will Pennsbury (probably VERY improved) but not sure either is ready to take a leap into the upper tier. Abington probably facing another tough year.

I'd say Pennridge is clearly top 3 based on rosters alone, the question is how quickly can a new coach get hired, how much existing staff gets flipped and if they are starting from scratch scheme-wise. A mid-June staff change and new installs starting only 6 weeks before camp opens is a challenging situation.

Any news on this job? Boy it’s getting late.
I haven’t heard anything new recently. The board meeting vote is not until mid-June. I feel sorry for the kids but I’m assuming that the existing staff is still working with them currently.

I have no intel on either of these openings. I’d assume both go with internal candidates considering how late it is. Just a guess.

Ok....I'll address the elephant (medium size) in the room. Why can't Pennridge hold onto football coaches?
Had 4 since 1997; Jeff Hollenbach 97-04, Randy Cuthbert 05-12, JH-Part 2 13-17, Cody Muller 18-21.
If it's that good a program (definitely mid-range) why aren't they staying. Bad luck?

I’m not sure of a big name out there that’s looking. Maybe a current HC of another program?

Get ready Stalker... Pennridge about to make waves!
Always wished them well, way back to playing Central Dauphin many years ago........despite them winning the game. LOL.
PS, maybe Hollenbach comes back

Last edited:
At a bbq over the weekend with some Doylestown friends, rumor has it CBW’s head coach is interviewing, and the presumptive favorite, for the Pennridge vacancy. It was a “friend of a friend” type of info, so I’m not sure if it’s accurate. But, this may be what Wilson has been alluding to? Bucks might be able to confirm?

PS: Happy Memorial Day to all who served.

At a bbq over the weekend with some Doylestown friends, rumor has it CBW’s head coach is interviewing, and the presumptive favorite, for the Pennridge vacancy. It was a “friend of a friend” type of info, so I’m not sure if it’s accurate. But, this may be what Wilson has been alluding to? Bucks might be able to confirm?

PS: Happy Memorial Day to all who served.
Being recruited, applied, interviewing and the favorite all seem to be accurate. Current word at West is that he is NOT leaving, but I think we'll know more definitively this week. Word got out at West through some leaks around a week ago. I think it's currently a rough ride at both schools with uncertainty this late in the Spring.

Are there issues at West prompting him to look elsewhere? He seems to have them on a really good track.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT