ADVERTISEMENT

PCL Red Slate This Week (Sept 16 & 17)

Steve_pitt64

Apr 27, 2016
9/16 7PM Roman (3-0) @ Perkiomen Valley (3-0)
This matchup in my opinion will be the game of the week by far, pitting two undefeated teams from D12 & 1 against each other. This will be Roman's toughest matchup to date, and the same could be said about PV. Roman has been playing a stifling defense that has allowed a total of 296 yards and 29 points through their first 3 games. On the offensive side of the ball Roman has an explosive running game featuring their two-headed monster of Mao Howell and Jamir Roberston, coupled with the passing duo of Freshman QB Semaj Beals and 4-star WR recruit Tyseer Denmark. While Roman will have more talent and speed, PV will have the experience with a senior QB leading the way. In my opinion this game will come down to the line of scrimmages, and it will be interesting to see whose O/D Lines can control the game. One thing to watch is that while both teams are undefeated PV has played a tougher 3 games to date beating Dtown West and Cheltenham. They also have experience coming from behind and winning close games like they did vs a good Dtown West team, which will give them an edge if this game is close in the 4th quarter. I feel like this game will be a good barometer to see how Roman will finish in the PCL standings this year with teams like Lasalle and Wood looking weaker than recent years. I anticipate a raucous crowd at PV on Friday night which should make for a great atmosphere in this big matchup.
9/16 6PM Judge (1-2) vs Frankford (1-2)
Judge coming off their first win of the season where they blew out their bitter rivals Archbishop Ryan. Frankford also coming into this matchup off of a win vs Ben Franklin high school. Judge will have the upper hand in this matchup, seeing as Ryan beat Frankford 34-0 a couple of weeks ago, and Judge just blew Ryan out, my feeling is that this game could get out of hand early, but it will be interesting to see we will get Judge team from week 0 who lost to Olney Charter, or the team of the past two weeks who lost in OT to PJPII and beat Ryan in convincing fashion.
9/16 3PM Wood (0-1) @ Northeast (2-0)
This is another game I will have a close eye on for this weekend and should be a great matchup between two pretty evenly matched, talented D12 teams. Wood lost to Malvern Prep in their opener last week 21-3, while Northeast beat Chesnut Hill last week 14-12. Wood is still a bit of unknown to me at this point in the season, seeing as they have only played one game, and it was vs a Malvern team who looks like one of the best in the state regardless of classification. Northeast on the other hand has won two close games to date vs Cheltenham and Chestnut Hill and will be hungry to knock off this PCL power at their home field on Friday afternoon. Wood was able to run the ball on Malvern (42 carries for 155 yards), but their passing game was pretty non-existent (6 completions for only 24 yards), so it will be interesting to see if they can get that going vs Northeast. This feels like another game that will come down to the wire this weekend where penalties and turnovers could be the ultimate decider.
9/16 7PM Lasalle (1-2) vs The Haverford School (2-0)
Lasalle coming off of a blowout 56-7 loss vs a talented Bishop Mcdevitt squad out of Harrisburg. Haverford on the other hand is coming off of a 32-18 win vs Academy Park. This is the game where Lasalle needs to get back on track in my opinion if they want a chance to make any noise in PCL play. While I am not totally surprised that Lasalle lost the last two weeks seeing as they played two very tough opponents, it was the nature of the losses that shocked me and leads me to believe if they can't get a win this week they will be in for a long season. Haverford will have momentum coming into this game winners of their last two, but Lasalle has played a much tougher schedule thus far, and I feel this will give them an edge for this game. Will be interesting to see if Lasalle's defense can step up this week seeing as they've allowed 119 points thru their first 3 games and a whopping 1137 yards.
St Joes Prep (2-1) BYE

As always let me know your thoughts on these big matchups in the PCL Red this weekend, including any additional commentary or predictions you may have for this slate of games.

This matchup in my opinion will be the game of the week by far, pitting two undefeated teams from D12 & 1 against each other. This will be Roman's toughest matchup to date, and the same could be said about PV. Roman has been playing a stifling defense that has allowed a total of 296 yards and 29 points through their first 3 games. On the offensive side of the ball Roman has an explosive running game featuring their two-headed monster of Mao Howell and Jamir Roberston, coupled with the passing duo of Freshman QB Semaj Beals and 4-star WR recruit Tyseer Denmark. While Roman will have more talent and speed, PV will have the experience with a senior QB leading the way. In my opinion this game will come down to the line of scrimmages, and it will be interesting to see whose O/D Lines can control the game. One thing to watch is that while both teams are undefeated PV has played a tougher 3 games to date beating Dtown West and Cheltenham. They also have experience coming from behind and winning close games like they did vs a good Dtown West team, which will give them an edge if this game is close in the 4th quarter. I feel like this game will be a good barometer to see how Roman will finish in the PCL standings this year with teams like Lasalle and Wood looking weaker than recent years. I anticipate a raucous crowd at PV on Friday night which should make for a great atmosphere in this big matchup.
Judge coming off their first win of the season where they blew out their bitter rivals Archbishop Ryan. Frankford also coming into this matchup off of a win vs Ben Franklin high school. Judge will have the upper hand in this matchup, seeing as Ryan beat Frankford 34-0 a couple of weeks ago, and Judge just blew Ryan out, my feeling is that this game could get out of hand early, but it will be interesting to see we will get Judge team from week 0 who lost to Olney Charter, or the team of the past two weeks who lost in OT to PJPII and beat Ryan in convincing fashion.
This is another game I will have a close eye on for this weekend and should be a great matchup between two pretty evenly matched, talented D12 teams. Wood lost to Malvern Prep in their opener last week 21-3, while Northeast beat Chesnut Hill last week 14-12. Wood is still a bit of unknown to me at this point in the season, seeing as they have only played one game, and it was vs a Malvern team who looks like one of the best in the state regardless of classification. Northeast on the other hand has won two close games to date vs Cheltenham and Chestnut Hill and will be hungry to knock off this PCL power at their home field on Friday afternoon. Wood was able to run the ball on Malvern (42 carries for 155 yards), but their passing game was pretty non-existent (6 completions for only 24 yards), so it will be interesting to see if they can get that going vs Northeast. This feels like another game that will come down to the wire this weekend where penalties and turnovers could be the ultimate decider.
Lasalle coming off of a blowout 56-7 loss vs a talented Bishop Mcdevitt squad out of Harrisburg. Haverford on the other hand is coming off of a 32-18 win vs Academy Park. This is the game where Lasalle needs to get back on track in my opinion if they want a chance to make any noise in PCL play. While I am not totally surprised that Lasalle lost the last two weeks seeing as they played two very tough opponents, it was the nature of the losses that shocked me and leads me to believe if they can't get a win this week they will be in for a long season. Haverford will have momentum coming into this game winners of their last two, but Lasalle has played a much tougher schedule thus far, and I feel this will give them an edge for this game. Will be interesting to see if Lasalle's defense can step up this week seeing as they've allowed 119 points thru their first 3 games and a whopping 1137 yards.
St Joes Prep (2-1) BYE

As always let me know your thoughts on these big matchups in the PCL Red this weekend, including any additional commentary or predictions you may have for this slate of games.

Spot on with the La Salle review. A MUST!!! Big time!

Reactions: Steve_pitt64
St Joes Prep (2-1) BYE

Nice job Steve

Reactions: Steve_pitt64
Who is calling the offense for LaSalle? What’s going on there?
Abrams…. Had a few stints with lasalle in other spots. Now I believe he’s the OC. Left a few years back to WC when they were running an uptempo style offense I wonder what he’s running now.

Who is calling the offense for LaSalle? What’s going on there?
Both sides of the ball!!! As my sainted mother used to say, "Jesus, Mary and Joseph!!" We would always tell her you can't take the Lord's name in vain. She would tell us "It's an F'in prayer!!" Good ole Mom!!

ADVERTISEMENT