ADVERTISEMENT

PA Preps High School Football Talk

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Shamokin Area athlete Chase Pensyl
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“My summer has consisted of a lot of football, and I am currently on a school trip to Costa Rica.”

What do you feel you have improved on most this off-season?
“I feel my biggest improvement over the off-season has been my press man-to-man coverage.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“I feel this is the most complete team I have been a part of, and we are due for a great season.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I think Jersey Shore will be the toughest on our schedule because they have proven to be one of the toughest teams in 4A year in and year out.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“I believe Elijah Jordan from Jersey shore will be our toughest match-up and I am excited to line up against him once again.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Beaver athlete Brady Mayo
“I’ve been doing speed training twice a week in the mornings. We have football lifting/practice four times a week and 2-3 basketball practices. I also make sure to get a shooting workout every day where I make 200-300 shots.”

“The main focus has been on technique for the 40, 5-10-5, and broad jump.”

“I feel like we can win a WPIAL championship. We have a lot of starters back from a team that won 9 games last year.”

“Both Avonworth and Central Valley have great programs and will present the biggest obstacles.”

“Jance Henry from CV.”

Q&A with Giebel Catholic linebacker Ethan Shawley
“I’ve been doing a lot of conditioning with the team and with my workouts with my personal trainer Rocco Yauger. I also have been very focused on change of direction work because that is what football is. Then obviously getting my body ready for the season, keeping my strength that I built this offseason.”

“I think the focus on change of direction work and strengthening my legs this offseason is definitely my most improved. I feel a lot twitchier and more explosive than before and that is what football is. The average play is around 3 to 4 seconds so being able to be explosive and have bursts of speed then training top end speed which you very rarely reach in football I feel will help me this season.”

“I feel very confident in this team. I feel like we lost a few seniors that would definitely help us but we lost one o-lineman this past year Aidan Corbin he was definitely a game changer but our returning 4 is very good and I believe it will help us a lot in the long run. Football is won in the trenches. I also feel our receivers might be the deepest in the WPIAL.”

“I feel our toughest game will be Elizabeth Forward. They [have a] a good quarterback and receivers and they also have a very solid O-line. I believe every team we play this year is a challenge any given Friday a team can win. I think I will take every week at a time.

“Every team has a game changer but I believe my toughest matchup this year will be Antwan Black just because he is very versatile and is all over the field for Laurel Highlands.”

Q&A with Peters Township quarterback Nolan DiLucia
“I have been training with my team and doing my own personal workouts to get better in every aspect.”

“My knowledge and confidence because I wanted to build off my strengths and show what I truly can bring as a QB.”

“I think we will do well. The guys are working hard and we take each other accountable for everything.”

“I think they are all going to be tough.”

“There are lots of guys to choose from so right now it could be anyone. That’s a question I could answer after playing them.”

Q&A with West Chester East running back/linebacker Fenton Kulp
“I have been working out personally 3-4 times per week with Power Train West Chester working on explosions and sports-related movements.”

“I feel I have improved my lateral movement and strength the most.”

“I feel my team is going to take a big leap, we have been focused all off season and are prepared to compete with the top teams this year.”

“I feel the back-to-back games with Downingtown East and Coatesville will be a tough stretch.”

“I don’t focus on one player. I try to focus on the teams we play and getting a win each week.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.