ADVERTISEMENT

PA Preps High School Football Talk

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Bishop Guilfoyle quarterback Karson Kiesewetter
How has everything been going football wise as of late?
“Pretty good, we’re just getting ready to make our playoff run.”

Going forward, what do you feel your team can continue to improve on?
“Just about everything, we’ve gotten a lot better since week one but there is always room for improvement.”

Have you been pleased with your performances?
“I feel that I could do a lot better to put my team in better situations, I just need to start making better decisions.”

How do you feel about the play of your team?
“We’ve gotten much better; we are starting to pick it up and play with the potential we know we have.”

What are your sporting goals going forward as of now?
“Winning D6, and then winning the State championship.”
......................................................................................................
Q&A with Upper St. Clair linebacker Ivory Travers
“Football has been going great as of recently. We are now in the playoffs and it’s time for me to take it to the next level.”

“I feel the team as a whole can improve on not getting overconfident just because it’s a team we know we can beat.”

“I feel I can always do better no matter how I perform so no.”

“I’m thankful to be a part of the team I'm on. We as a team have only been getting stronger.”

“Go undefeated in the playoffs and get offers.”
Q&A with Port Allegany quarterback Drew Evens
“Great! We won our last 3 regular season games and started the playoffs this weekend.”

“We need to limit turnovers and continue to improve each week on all three phases of the game.”

“Yes, my main goal is to win. Offensively the weather has forced us to go to more of a ground game, but defensively I think I've been playing well.”

“Our team has been playing very well. We've gotten healthy and our younger players are really coming on.”

“Again, the most important thing for me is winning. Our goal is also to win our league and advance in the playoffs.”
Q&A with State College quarterback Finn Furmanek
“I feel my team is coming together more as a team right now. We have all the pieces there and when they click we are a scary team. We have had multiple flashes of those but if we can get all cylinders clicking on both sides of the ball we are going to be able to surprise a lot of people.”

“I got injured in my 5th game of the season. I had a Hamstring injury that has had me out the past couple games but I’m getting back to play as soon as possible to help my team out.”

“My team has improved a ton throughout the season. Everyone is buying in and everyone at every position (Offense and defense) has played a lot better the past couple games.”

“As for me personally my goals are to go onto the next level and play college football.”
Q&A with Central Bucks East quarterback Pat Keller
“Right now we are coming off a tough loss to our rival but we still clinched a playoff berth and are excited to compete this week and try to keep the season alive.”

“I think we need to improve on finishing games. We will always have good starts or finishes but not a complete game.”

“Not fully. Complacency is the enemy of success and every week is about finding what you can do better and build off for the next week, even if I felt like I played well the week before.”

“I like the way my team is playing. We are playing with a lot of heart and are really in that playoff team mindset ready for the coming weeks.”

“My goal as of now is to take the playoffs week by week and opponent by opponent. Right now I'm focused on our first-round opponent and that's because I don’t want to turn my pads in next week.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News