ADVERTISEMENT

Opening Games

bucksftball

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2020
Neshaminy will open with Kensington. (!?)
CB East vs Truman
CB West vs Garnet Valley (West will scrimmage Archbishop Wood)
CB South vs Father Judge

I saw the Kensington opener for Neshaminy. Never played them before and seemed a little odd (they have played plenty of PPL teams over the years so in and of itself that's not breaking new ground).

As it is the Tigers were 6-4 in 2021 and watching some highlights had a few players (and the game is in Langhorne).

Last year the 'Skins opened down the shore at Ocean City in "The Battle at the Beach" (they beat Ocean City high, 21-0). I thought it was a two year deal but apparently not.

The rest of their schedule is the same as last year.

As an aside, albeit an important one, we're looking forward to a better season this year and I'm waiting for information on what they'll be looking like (they did lose their top two defensive players in their DEs -- Bobby Buchys and Jack Dunkley with the former heading to West Point and the latter to Duquesne - both to play ball).

Can't wait for the season.

I saw the Kensington opener for Neshaminy. Never played them before and seemed a little odd (they have played plenty of PPL teams over the years so in and of itself that's not breaking new ground).

As it is the Tigers were 6-4 in 2021 and watching some highlights had a few players (and the game is in Langhorne).

Last year the 'Skins opened down the shore at Ocean City in "The Battle at the Beach" (they beat Ocean City high, 21-0). I thought it was a two year deal but apparently not.

The rest of their schedule is the same as last year.

As an aside, albeit an important one, we're looking forward to a better season this year and I'm waiting for information on what they'll be looking like (they did lose their top two defensive players in their DEs -- Bobby Buchys and Jack Dunkley with the former heading to West Point and the latter to Duquesne - both to play ball).

Can't wait for the season.
Also Joey Zack (West Chester) from the d-line / TE was another stud up front. Not sure if Kensington is much of a challenge based on who they played to go 6-4, but there's something to be said for easing into a schedule and gaining some confidence. Skins bring back an experienced QB but I don't know enough about the rest of the roster to have any idea of their outlook for 2023.

Bucks:
* Does CB West get Gval at home?
* And I think Truman lost a good coach to Ne.
* For South, Judge returns numbers this year at skill and lines.

Skinner Man:
* Agree on Bucks observation on Kensington's Schedule quality but good seeing them get out playing Collinswood-NJ and Strath Haven last year. Ambitious for sure. Nothing wrong with playing a lesser opponent to jump start the offense if it turns out to be that way. And good for the kids getting out of the city, seeing, playing new teams.
* Got all of East done in post season review and D-2/4/11, major conferences. On D3 now just finished Mid Penn. Start posting some of the districts later this week.
******** GO EAGLES.

Reactions: lilromeo
Bucks:
* Does CB West get Gval at home?
* And I think Truman lost a good coach to Ne.
* For South, Judge returns numbers this year at skill and lines.

Skinner Man:
* Agree on Bucks observation on Kensington's Schedule quality but good seeing them get out playing Collinswood-NJ and Strath Haven last year. Ambitious for sure. Nothing wrong with playing a lesser opponent to jump start the offense if it turns out to be that way. And good for the kids getting out of the city, seeing, playing new teams.
* Got all of East done in post season review and D-2/4/11, major conferences. On D3 now just finished Mid Penn. Start posting some of the districts later this week.
******** GO EAGLES.
Yes, GV will come to West this year after playing them three consecutive times at GV.

South / Father Judge looks to be a good matchup. South returns some big bodies, question marks as to who is filling some of the skill position spots.

Yes, GV will come to West this year after playing them three consecutive times at GV.

South / Father Judge looks to be a good matchup. South returns some big bodies, question marks as to who is filling some of the skill position spots.
West picked a good year to scrimmage Wood . West should have a nice squad returning and Wood may have their worst season in many years.I will be at that GV game unless its the same night as the St Joe Prep/ IMG Academy game in Ocean City.

Reactions: bucksftball
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT