ADVERTISEMENT

Old School Falcon Football?

IAdelco

Nov 7, 2011
I was hoping that someone would give us an update on Pennbury with legendary Coach Snyder coming back into the fold. I realize it may take a year or two for the Falcons to return to where they were, but with the fullback they have, could they be .500 this season?

Is this day and age too much to overcome? Kids going to private and Catholic schools may have too much of an impact. Does the majority of the kids they used to get even come out or are they playing lacrosse?

Never realized Pennsbury was a big lax school? Are their numbers down that much?

Is this day and age too much to overcome? Kids going to private and Catholic schools may have too much of an impact. Does the majority of the kids they used to get even come out or are they playing lacrosse?
Pennsbury has like 800-1000 kids per grade. Not only is Conwell Egan a former shell of itself w low enrollment but isn’t Pennsbury the school getting Trenton kids? I doubt Private/Catholic is hurting the Falcons it’s pride, bad coaching and possibly not the good athlete pull they had for a few years. Let the season begin!

Pennsbury/Snyder had their pre-season radio show last week. Show is still up at www.WBCB1490.com. A few things Snyder mentioned, as I recall:
* Roster is about +30 over last year.
* Goal this year is playoffs.
* Wing-T is back but Flex-Bone installed last year will still be utilized to some extent.
* Fullback G. Mulbah could possibly reach 2000 yards this year.
* Brought back former strength coach (apparently didn't have one last year).
* Three players reached "1000-pound club", including Mulbah.
* Very few former assistants on staff (Stoudt is back).
* Son Luke is co-DC along with Stoudt.
Also:
* Host of show said there was more "size" in room than last year.
* Several players commented on better attitude this year among players and coaches.
* Falcon Field is undergoing major renovations (finally) - of 4 home games, 2 or 3 will be at Truman. Hoping bleachers will be ready for at least final home game/senior night vs. Abington.
* Scrimmage vs. Neumann-Goretti on Saturday at 11 am, somewhere at PHS.

I have a friend who's son played for Easton during the 2013 season. I believe that was the last year of the 5 year Easton/Pennsbury series. I believe most of the games weren't very competitive, average margin of all five Easton's victories was probably 20 points. These weren't what anybody would consider great Easton teams. Anyway, after the game a ex old-time Pennsbury football player approached the group who made the trip from Easton. after some casual friendly conversation, an Easton guy asked the guy "what has happened to Pennsbury, this is not the same program Easton played back in the day." The Pennsbury guy said, "come to the school one day and look at the cars the kids are driving, BMW's, Lexus, and such, that's what happened to Pennsbury football".

I have a friend who's son played for Easton during the 2013 season. I believe that was the last year of the 5 year Easton/Pennsbury series. I believe most of the games weren't very competitive, average margin of all five Easton's victories was probably 20 points. These weren't what anybody would consider great Easton teams. Anyway, after the game a ex old-time Pennsbury football player approached the group who made the trip from Easton. after some casual friendly conversation, an Easton guy asked the guy "what has happened to Pennsbury, this is not the same program Easton played back in the day." The Pennsbury guy said, "come to the school one day and look at the cars the kids are driving, BMW's, Lexus, and such, that's what happened to Pennsbury football".
I don’t buy that look at parking lot theory. DEasr and West parking lots have the same cars as described above. I would imagine the Garnet and Perk Valley would say the same. Could it be other sports such as lax or travel soccer being year round sports taking kids from a school who relied/pushed football

Would like to add where’s Blitzkrieg … Relayer!!

Pennsbury/Snyder had their pre-season radio show last week. Show is still up at www.WBCB1490.com. A few things Snyder mentioned, as I recall:
* Roster is about +30 over last year.
* Goal this year is playoffs.
* Wing-T is back but Flex-Bone installed last year will still be utilized to some extent.
* Fullback G. Mulbah could possibly reach 2000 yards this year.
* Brought back former strength coach (apparently didn't have one last year).
* Three players reached "1000-pound club", including Mulbah.
* Very few former assistants on staff (Stoudt is back).
* Son Luke is co-DC along with Stoudt.
Also:
* Host of show said there was more "size" in room than last year.
* Several players commented on better attitude this year among players and coaches.
* Falcon Field is undergoing major renovations (finally) - of 4 home games, 2 or 3 will be at Truman. Hoping bleachers will be ready for at least final home game/senior night vs. Abington.
* Scrimmage vs. Neumann-Goretti on Saturday at 11 am, somewhere at PHS.
Yes Hood,
Snyder has this program going in the right direction. They had 40+kids at winter workouts, then once wrestling ended add 10-13 more.
! The mix of younger and older coaches is paying off for them, as well as only losing 3 starters total(1 was the K). All 5 OL are returning w/ added size and speed.
3 kids made 1000lb club #24 Mulbah, #9 Gabbet & #55 McDonnell.
10-15 more upperclassman has came
Back to football once the new coaching staff was announced!
Multiple players playing both ways for a change.
If the Falcons make the playoffs, Coach Snyder will go down as the GOAT H.S. Coach in PHS history!
After what McShane & Staff did to this program is CRIMINAL!

Reactions: 705 Hood
Yes Hood,
Snyder has this program going in the right direction. They had 40+kids at winter workouts, then once wrestling ended add 10-13 more.
! The mix of younger and older coaches is paying off for them, as well as only losing 3 starters total(1 was the K). All 5 OL are returning w/ added size and speed.
3 kids made 1000lb club #24 Mulbah, #9 Gabbet & #55 McDonnell.
10-15 more upperclassman has came
Back to football once the new coaching staff was announced!
Multiple players playing both ways for a change.
If the Falcons make the playoffs, Coach Snyder will go down as the GOAT H.S. Coach in PHS history!

Multiple sports athletes. Truly old school......and better for it!!!

0-15 (2020-2021) to playoffs in 2022 would be an amazing feat, especially considering the schedule (Coatesville, Tennent, CR South, all 3 CB's, Pennridge, North Penn, Abington, Neshaminy) and maybe only one game actually at PHS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT