ADVERTISEMENT

North Penn

HSFballFan19

Jul 4, 2017
Do NP guys have any insight on what we can expect this year? I am hoping they can challenge Coatesville for District 1, but NP lost a lot to graduation.

Need a QB. Assume someone is transferring in or has already? Where is he from?

Need a QB. Assume someone is transferring in or has already? Where is he from?

Nothing against you IAdelco, you're a good poster. However, I have seen so many posts in recent years about NP bringing in players. I have to laugh every time I read about it. Here's a program that hasn't won a state title in 15 years. In the mean time, the PCL has had 4 different schools win a combined 10 state titles...and that's just in 10 years. NP has made it to Hershey ONCE in the past 15 years.

Anyone want to still complain about NP bringing in players? Carry on.

Reactions: yesman3
Heard rumors of another tranftra quarterback coming in which would be the third in the last 4 years. I'm not complaining, I'm just curious because North Penn obviously needs a QB to get back on top of District 1

Heard rumors of another tranftra quarterback coming in which would be the third in the last 4 years. I'm not complaining, I'm just curious because North Penn obviously needs a QB to get back on top of District 1
Come on IA! Haven’t you learned that public school transfers are not an issue! It’s only an issue when Catholic and Private do! Now the term is non boundary by the thumb suckers.

Not an issue for me at all. I'm just curious as to who it is and where he is from.

Nothing against you IAdelco, you're a good poster. However, I have seen so many posts in recent years about NP bringing in players. I have to laugh every time I read about it. Here's a program that hasn't won a state title in 15 years. In the mean time, the PCL has had 4 different schools win a combined 10 state titles...and that's just in 10 years. NP has made it to Hershey ONCE in the past 15 years.

Anyone want to still complain about NP bringing in players? Carry on.

Relayer - The NP team that lost to CD in I think 2012 was really loaded and the was the last shot for them, blew it with only putting up 7 against a dark horse. What a shame... Any way you are correct. They had the most prolific passer in Udinski and could not get it done. They are only a force in the conference. When they get out into the playoffs it’s usually one or two and done because you have to adjust and coach. Becks been too comfortable for years. I had the chance to talk to a couple coaches I know on LaSalle and Preps staff amazed at NPs tendencies that are easy to read and react to. They brought that qb in and blew it against GV last year too so they should just grow em in-house cause it’s the same outcome either way.

Reactions: Relayer
Udinski was/is very good, last year not so much. This year's transfer form NJ, I hear has a lot to work on as well.

Udinski was/is very good, last year not so much. This year's transfer form NJ, I hear has a lot to work on as well.

FB- Didn’t DePaul put up very good numbers before he rolled to Imotep? I thought the D was terrible, worst in Beck’s tenure at NP...

Soup, it was the worst in terms of pts allowed at 27, their highest in the last 19 yrs. Flip that for the O, their best in same stretch at 41ppg. Title team of 03 was 40-13, year ending.

Soup, it was the worst in terms of pts allowed at 27, their highest in the last 19 yrs. Flip that for the O, their best in same stretch at 41ppg. Title team of 03 was 40-13, year ending.

Thanks Stalk... Impressive from an offense standpoint for sure w/ all those loaded teams NP has had over the years.

Relayer - The NP team that lost to CD in I think 2012 was really loaded and the was the last shot for them, blew it with only putting up 7 against a dark horse. What a shame... Any way you are correct. They had the most prolific passer in Udinski and could not get it done. They are only a force in the conference. When they get out into the playoffs it’s usually one or two and done because you have to adjust and coach. Becks been too comfortable for years. I had the chance to talk to a couple coaches I know on LaSalle and Preps staff amazed at NPs tendencies that are easy to read and react to. They brought that qb in and blew it against GV last year too so they should just grow em in-house cause it’s the same outcome either way.

I agree on that NP is very predictable... in conf they are too deep and wear teams down.. out of conf they just don't have the horses... plus they are facing better coaching.. also.. it's not just getting the right QB.. getting the right surrounding cast.. look at the 2011 team that lost in the state finals.. their OL avg 265 with a couple pushing 280+ I believe they won battle of the hogs that year.. you had Kris Aikns that was one of the best RBs to come out of NP.. Ralph Reeves that was a terror on D.. plus a kicker that won a super bowl.. put the loss on the coach...if you look at the PCL teams that won the last few years.. granted they had great skill players.. but they also have had big athletic O lines that allow the skill players to do their thing..The last few years.. NP has had some good skill players.. but their lines have been avg.. good enough to roll over conf teams.. but a coin toss at best once they stepped outside the conf

Last edited:
That 2011 team that lost In the state final did lose to a team with a denensivs end that was All Big Ten and got a cup of coffee in the NFL, had a 4 star running back/linebacker, plus an o-line that was 225-265-275-275-305. I get that North Penn is good, but that CD team wasn't untalented.

Reactions: kitwor
That 2011 team that lost In the state final did lose to a team with a denensivs end that was All Big Ten and got a cup of coffee in the NFL, had a 4 star running back/linebacker, plus an o-line that was 225-265-275-275-305. I get that North Penn is good, but that CD team wasn't untalented.

I wasn't implying that CD was good bad or indifferent.. I read the thread as a QB transfer issue and NP performance the last few years... was just saying that I thought that is was more then a QB issue... they didn't have the O & D lines that they had had in prior years..

Well, you know how topics meander green_beans, so....staying with the flow....
Strange as it sounds in 11 we thought it was Cumberland Valley’s to lose with what was felt to be their very best defense. But Central Dauphin came on after a slow start, convincing us they had a shot after winning at CV.

Then getting out of the district is always a slugfest in 3. But except for McDevitt (20-13 loss), they had a knack of winning tight games, getting through districts with 3 to 7 point wins against good stuff from Cedar Cliff and maybe Central York’s best team ever before beating Wilson then previously undefeated North Allegheny. That was a strong NA group with Leftwich having won Quad-A the year before then going on to win it again in 2012.

Bottom line, we knew they were as good as anyone in the state after getting past NA. And like you suggested Rover, they really were loaded that year. Pick your poison with Zayd Issah and Drew Scales at TB and brutal Adam Hollinger at FB who crushed people. Scales torn NP up, +160 yards. Most of them played both ways with Coach always putting his best players on defense.

Reactions: Soup13
Rover - I guess dark horse was not the best description but i thought NA got screwed in previous game with 2 or 3 BS 15 yard penalties In the final. I think that led to the late field goal for the CD win. In the champ game CD was running a basic zone read and NP linebackers were going the wrong way. The play of the games was CD was 3rd and like 21 and NP safety bit on play action, scales for a long td. That’s just football 101, any way NP had such a dynamic offense but never got it going ....

Rover - I guess dark horse was not the best description but i thought NA got screwed in previous game with 2 or 3 BS 15 yard penalties In the final. I think that led to the late field goal for the CD win. In the champ game CD was running a basic zone read and NP linebackers were going the wrong way. The play of the games was CD was 3rd and like 21 and NP safety bit on play action, scales for a long td. That’s just football 101, any way NP had such a dynamic offense but never got it going ....
The 02 team had the monster offense but 11's group had a wildly underrated defense in terms of discipline and speed. Alot of athletes on that side. Showed that vs CV (discipline) then especially Wilson, NA then NP. Plus when you come out of the Mid Penn Commonwealth Conference, you have swag within the framework of a business like approach to the game. Might kick their ass but you're not going to intimidate.

Reactions: Soup13
The 02 team had the monster offense but 11's group had a wildly underrated defense in terms of discipline and speed. Alot of athletes on that side. Showed that vs CV (discipline) then especially Wilson, NA then NP. Plus when you come out of the Mid Penn Commonwealth Conference, you have swag within the framework of a business like approach to the game. Might kick their ass but you're not going to intimidate.

Stalk- Since you know the conference well; Have you seen CVs Charlie Katchir? If not check out his film. His dad played at Penn and he is a PSU bound. The kid is one the purest atheles I have seen in a while. All 3 (returned kicks/punts) phases. Also ,had him in the backfield at times ,played with torn labrum all year.... tough kid

Stalk- Since you know the conference well; Have you seen CVs Charlie Katchir? If not check out his film. His dad played at Penn and he is a PSU bound. The kid is one the purest atheles I have seen in a while. All 3 (returned kicks/punts) phases. Also ,had him in the backfield at times ,played with torn labrum all year.... tough kid

Soup, I don’t live there but am from there (Gettysburg-Harrisburg), going to school at Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC) then Penn State Capitol Campus, living on the corner of 5th and Emerald if familiar with the city. I still get home to see a game or two and follow FB across the state as I did when writing and ranking. So yes, I’ve seen Katchir who has been wowing people since starting as a freshman. He was Mr. Everything, playing everywhere, excelling at each position….returns, safety, receiver, wildcat. So he’ll be missed big time. That will likely get exaggerated since they lose a lot of a decent D (not great, but smart, pretty quick) and most of last year’s offensive firepower.

But like Central Dauphin, it’s CV, and they reload well with Coach Whitehead going 51-15 in his 5 years at helm. You have to have underclassman ready to step in playing Central Dauphin, McDevitt, State and Harrisburg every other weekend, with a solid non-conf slate….and CV does. Played a lot of people last year. And look to have an easier rebuild than CD and Harrisburg with State College primed to make a serious run. McDevitt also loaded.

This year, they they return QB Plessinger and a decent front with last year’s super soph Chase Myers at DT 6-2 300, DT Quincy Thomas 5-9 220, DE Stone Hoffman 6-2 220 and LB/S Jake Hart 5-9 165. By the way, Katshir has had that shoulder for 2 years running. Like you said, tough kid.

Soup, I don’t live there but am from there (Gettysburg-Harrisburg), going to school at Harrisburg Area Community College (HACC) then Penn State Capitol Campus, living on the corner of 5th and Emerald if familiar with the city. I still get home to see a game or two and follow FB across the state as I did when writing and ranking. So yes, I’ve seen Katchir who has been wowing people since starting as a freshman. He was Mr. Everything, playing everywhere, excelling at each position….returns, safety, receiver, wildcat. So he’ll be missed big time. That will likely get exaggerated since they lose a lot of a decent D (not great, but smart, pretty quick) and most of last year’s offensive firepower.

But like Central Dauphin, it’s CV, and they reload well with Coach Whitehead going 51-15 in his 5 years at helm. You have to have underclassman ready to step in playing Central Dauphin, McDevitt, State and Harrisburg every other weekend, with a solid non-conf slate….and CV does. Played a lot of people last year. And look to have an easier rebuild than CD and Harrisburg with State College primed to make a serious run. McDevitt also loaded.

This year, they they return QB Plessinger and a decent front with last year’s super soph Chase Myers at DT 6-2 300, DT Quincy Thomas 5-9 220, DE Stone Hoffman 6-2 220 and LB/S Jake Hart 5-9 165. By the way, Katshir has had that shoulder for 2 years running. Like you said, tough kid.

Great stuff! Seems like CV will be in the mix for sure.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT