ADVERTISEMENT

Njfan46,

Stalker

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2001
I hope you and yours came through Irma well. Most of the family had light damage; a tree causing roof damage in Babson Park to sister’s house, son’s porch torn away in Jupiter, nephew in Orlando no damage with the Miami and Jax side minor wind damage. Naples cousins left heading north before landfall and could not get back as recently as 3 days ago with gas shortages. Personally, just back from a 2 day visit. Anyway, best to you and yours.

I hope you and yours came through Irma well. Most of the family had light damage; a tree causing roof damage in Babson Park to sister’s house, son’s porch torn away in Jupiter, nephew in Orlando no damage with the Miami and Jax side minor wind damage. Naples cousins left heading north before landfall and could not get back as recently as 3 days ago with gas shortages. Personally, just back from a 2 day visit. Anyway, best to you and yours.
Thanks Stalker. Very much appreciated. The advance forecasts gave us plenty of time and because I could not deal with a four-day or more loss of power for work purposes, we flew to San Diego and stayed in LaJolla for six days. It was well worth it. Returned last Wednesday and power had just been turned back on. Had some trees down, but no water in our house. And our new house that should be ready in three months was unharmed and had no water inside. We were lucky. But the towns of Bonita Springs, Immokalee, Everglades City, etc. were not so lucky. Fortunately, homes built after 2004 need to be able to withstand winds of 175 mph.

Thanks Stalker. Very much appreciated. The advance forecasts gave us plenty of time and because I could not deal with a four-day or more loss of power for work purposes, we flew to San Diego and stayed in LaJolla for six days. It was well worth it. Returned last Wednesday and power had just been turned back on. Had some trees down, but no water in our house. And our new house that should be ready in three months was unharmed and had no water inside. We were lucky. But the towns of Bonita Springs, Immokalee, Everglades City, etc. were not so lucky. Fortunately, homes built after 2004 need to be able to withstand winds of 175 mph.
Good news, nj. I was wondering how you made out and am glad things are OK.

Thanks Tulla. How was your vacation in Ireland?
Trip was great. Went to a great tribute to John McGettigan who emigrated from Donegal to Philadelphia, founded all kinds of businesses in the US, including a travel agency in Phila. that once employed 500, AND sold more records (together with his band) than John McCormack.

Reactions: Aragorn

Ok Nj, good hearing things are alright. A trip to San Diego is never hard to take. Wife’s cousin Sal and family got back two days ago. No update since. Interestingly enough, they had just returned from Ischia in the Bay of Naples, Italy where their and wife’s family still reside. Not sure exactly what part of town he’s in but hopefully high ground as a retired Wawa exec. Like you he just built a house so should be good with the code changes. Son in Jupiter will get porch replaced and sister in Babson Park got some fellas to put a large tarp over roof damage until assessed, repaired. Ok, be well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT