ADVERTISEMENT

Neumann (all hail Crosby)

delcofootball1

Jul 31, 2015
neumann absolutely smoked by southern Columbia. Couldn't have happened to a better guy. Enjoy the offseason albie and Stay away from other teams players, in state and out of state. Guy can only win with top notch division 1 talent, he's proven that.

Reactions: halefleet
neumann absolutely smoked by southern Columbia. Couldn't have happened to a better guy. Enjoy the offseason albie and Stay away from other teams players, in state and out of state. Guy can only win with top notch division 1 talent, he's proven that.
One would argue that he had top notch division 1 talent on his roster this year, no?

Southern is Southern but man....Neumann didn't even show up! Edited to say that was too strong. They did compete and were in it in 3rd qtr but SCA had too much. I thought it would be MUCH more competitive.

Last edited:
33 rushes for -12 yards for NG. Wow

That's always been my point with albie led teams. There's no development of players, no gameplan, no fundamentals. He wins strictly with ultra superior talent. Sure St Joes Prep and wood have ultra superior talent but you go to their games and you can tell fundamentals are being coached and players are being developed

Reactions: lilromeo
Lose to a good team and now all of a sudden "fundamentals" are a problem. That bull! I've been to numerous practices this year and to say "fundamentals" was the problem is ludicrous. What fundamentals? Tackling? Look at the tape of that Defense this year and tell me they don't know how to tackle. Blocking? There were holes big enough to drive a truck through at times this season. NG ran into a really good football team in Southern Columbia and found themselves in a hole early and for this team, any team that has gone through a season undefeated to find themselves in that kind of hole it is a strange feeling. NG hasn't played the whole year from in front but that kind of deficit against that caliber of team on that stage can be disconcerting. NG mounted a comeback in the second half but just couldn't sustain it. Maybe it was because SC was "fundamentally" better. Maybe not. Maybe the big stage got to the kids a little last night. Who knows? It was a dissapointing ending for sure. NG scouted SC. They knew the places they wanted to attack but it just didn't work out. Albie coached that game the same way he's coached the whole year. Why it didn't work out last night wasn't some mystery though. SC has a rich tradition and those kids played hard and with intensity. They are used to that stage and know what to expect. To sit here and now say that it was because of fundamentals is mind boggling. EasternPafootball.com blasted the PIAA and people talk about how many kids NG was able to amass this year but it doesn't mention the fact that Del Val Charter closed in the middle of the summer. It doesn't mention how many of the kids on that field last night were 9th graders. It doesn't mention how many kids transferred out. Albie was brought onboard to save a program and that's exactly what he did. If parents out there have a talented kid who they think may have a chance to earn a scholarship they will send that kid wherever they think is best to help them towards that goal. It doesn't matter if its in football, hockey or even if the kid has an extraordinary musical talent and they want to send that kid to Julliard. I think Julliard practices fundamentals. Also many of the kids who came to NG this year are actually from South Philly and they came to NG because it was closer. That game proved one thing. Win and everybody will accuse you of cheating. Lose and everybody will accuse you of not being a good coach. Either way it's all just noise. The bottom line is those kids played their hearts out and those coaches put the time in preparing those kids to win a football game and last night for some reason it just didn't work out.

Reactions: green_beans
Also wanted to give a shout out to NG community last night. They showed up and were boisterous! There weren't as many as Southern Columbia but as we all know High School Football is an event in some of these smaller towns. A true "Friday Night Lights" atmosphere at the game overall.

Obviously your his number 1 fan. I'm sorry but as a football fan I consider albies teams to struggle fundamentally. Even when he won state championships I thought they weren't very good fundamentally and I think many people would agree. I'm not looking to be "right," just stating my opinion. There are a ton of other coaches that grow kids and get the most out of them, in my opinion, he isn't one of them.

"Even when he won a state championship". Oh man do you even comprehen how stupid that statement is? I mean sit back. Pour yourself a tall one of whatever it is you drink and let that statement sink in. How "fundamental" do you need to be to win a state championship in the state of Pennsylvania? My answer to that is pretty damn fundamental. Oh Oh I get it. Albie had "athletes". So what does that do to the argument people have been making that Neumann-Goretti has assembled an "All-Star" team as quoted in EasternPaFootball.com? Tell you what you go get these so called "friends" you say that agree with your assesment and you tell them to come on this site and back up your argument. I'll take em on one by one. F**k. outta here with that bull!

youre obviouslly bias, it's ok. I get it. You may consider me bias, I'm stating my opinion as a football fan who travels to Hershey every year to watch the games. I root for the east teams every year. Even if it was two. You may be one of the minions he sends around to local freshman and jv football games to snake other team's talents. Go back and watch his state championship games, toss 15 times to an all American, no blocking adjustment- no scheme- no gameplan. 15 tosses he'll break 1 or 2.

Stache : I have no dog in this fight , but at the lower classes in Pennsylvania, the fundamentals aren't always necessary to win a state championship. Often times you just need a handful of good athletes. I think Jeannette did this a decade ago with Terrel Pryor. I think they had 2 other D1 athletes as well, so 3 D1 athletes on a roster of maybe 30 kids. They literally just rolled the ball out there and routinely scored 50. However , their lack of fundamentals cost them multiple titles.

Delco,

Lets pump the brakes here a bit on your assessments. First, the culture of the kids in both programs are like night and day. The SCA kids are brought up on SCA football from the time they are pre teens and they are great quality kids through and through. I am not saying that the NG kids aren't quality kids but most didn't have the same core values as Columbia. Also, Roth has been with that program for a 100 years as well as almost his entire coaching staff. Just because the SCA kids most likely put in maybe twice as much time in preparation for the season doesn't mean that the NG staff didn't want the same for their kids.Trust me, it was very challenging to say the least.

I am not saying that Crosby is as good a coach as Roth (he isn't) but there are a hell of a lot more intangibles than just talent when assessing a high school team. How many coaches in Pa are better than Roth? Not many.

Although SC came out with a few thousand fans, I was impressed with NG's showing as well. They basically almost filled the visiting side.

Reactions: green_beans
youre obviouslly bias, it's ok. I get it. You may consider me bias, I'm stating my opinion as a football fan who travels to Hershey every year to watch the games. I root for the east teams every year. Even if it was two. You may be one of the minions he sends around to local freshman and jv football games to snake other team's talents. Go back and watch his state championship games, toss 15 times to an all American, no blocking adjustment- no scheme- no gameplan. 15 tosses he'll break 1 or 2.

OK delco, I will dive into this debate but before I respond, I need you to understand that in debates, facts over emotional opinions are paramount. With that being said, here are the facts:

1. I believe he loss one state chip game to an outstanding South Fayette program who soundly beat everyone that year. Had a little bumpy game versus the Quips in a snowy game but they pulled it out. In that game, Imhotep did not have an All American back and they rarely ran toss (one play). Their offensive line coach at that time was one of the best around who is currently a head coach. I know for sure, the blocking adjustments were sound and South Fayette prepared well for their game-plan. That offensive line (because of this coach) had THREE D1 juniors and ONE D1 sophomore starters. They all were there since freshmen and amazingly all live in the NW Philly section of the city, no recruits. So this sir, must be an emotional opinion because it is by-far a factual lie.

2. I believe Coach 2nd stop to Hershey, Pa was victorious and it also was with a non-all american RB (although he should have been). That offensive line was coached and fundamentally structured by Coach Schmidt (formerly of Neshaminy High) who is highly regarded as the best offensive line guru in the state. There were no tosses in that game. So again my friend, either your eyes deceived you on that cold wintery night (cold does that to me sometimes) or you are outright lying.

3. To say none of those players were fundamentally sound is a direct shot to the three high school head coaches and two coordinators along with the GREAT coaches formerly and currently on BOTH staffs (Tep & NG). I dont think they wouldve been hired if they didn't coach and instill fundamental football in their coaching philosophies. As for those players being un-fundamentally sound as you stated, those players who all were at the Tep as freshmen received scholarships to play college football from expert coaches. These expert coaches get paid 6 and 7 digit salaries to evaluate hours of film so they can offer scholarship opportunities to fundamentally sound players to attend schools such as Florida State, Temple (4 players there), Arkansas, Alabama State, Penn State, Maryland, Vanderbelt, Oklahoma, Missouri, Maine, Villanova (did you know Nova has offered two Philly public league players in 10 or 15 years and one was a LB from the Tep who was there since a freshmen), Rhode Island, Delaware State and many more D2 through D3 colleges. Boy, do they love those non-fundamental players from this coach.

3. My third and last point (see my friend, every factual debate must have 3 points to counter the argument), do you know or understand what it requires to get these young men noticed or known to schools as far as Florida State or Oregon? A coach must hustle. A coach MUST spend countless hours sending film, contacting college coaches, driving players across the country to college camps, flying and paying for kids to go on college visits, working kids out from December to July to prepare for college, keeping them active and off the streets all year, keeping them preparing for the SAT and regular school work SO THEY WILL QUALIFY, and consistently sowing into the development of that student athlete to make them into highly recruitable college prospects. That's what this coach does; DAILY!.

Now, therapist say when your only response to a concern is emotional instead of factual, this indicates the reality that there is some type of strong emotional bond you must have with that person. So if you love the guy and he broke your heart when he loss to South Fayette; say that, I understand; Bro, I was heart-broken also! But don't throw out lies to tarnish TWO high-quality programs (Tep & NG) full of great kids and highly dedicated coaches just because you're feeling some type of emotional way towards one short guy.

I can recommend a therapist to help you with this. He helped me get over South Fayette (I tell you, I was seeing green everywhere).
The music is soft, the couch is comfy and the price is low. Let me know.

Woo-si...

Last edited:
Reactions: Duh G
Ha ha ha. That's quite the research if only my Toss comment meant only Toss. it's a figure of speech in football. Maybe it was outside zone, dive, whatever but I do believe I saw well more than A Toss in my years out there. I would love to watch the game film again. Point is, is having gone to Hershey for more than a decade I take great interest in the cosching part of the games and I think albie comes up short compared to others. Not just at Hershey but locally too. You talk pretty highly of Schmidt who was more than outcoached last year and, in my opinion, seemed rather unorganized, and struggled to motivate his players. As for fundamentals, division 1 coaches start from scratch. They don't ever say "remember what coach ----- taught you in high school?" They are more concerned with size, speed, agility and grades than they are steps, stance and start. The size and speed is exactly what the past tep teams and I'm sure the future Neumann teams will have. I have never hid my opinion regarding charter schools in our state. I think they have and will continue to ruin public education. As for football, it's my honest opinion that compared to other teams, including comparing Neumann to O'Hara this year (I was at that game too) that albies teams arent fundamentally sound. You seem to be in the know, why did albie leave tep in the first place ?

Last edited:
For who for what- With all due respect, every single one of your posts are about tep or Del Val charter. I'm guessing you're a coach who came over with the slew of Del Val charter players. Good luck next season coach, if albie handles the enrollment figures maybe you'll be able to avoid southern Columbia in a season or two.

Say it with me Delco..... "WoO-Sii"

Everytime you think of charter schools, say "WoO-Si"..

Every-time you believe coach ran a toss when its an actual hand-off, say "WoO-Si".

Every-time you believe any Philly coach does not bite at the bit to compete again (like they're going to run and hide from SoCo), scream out your window "WOO-Sii"..

Gents, this man previously provided you his evaluations of football fundamentals but comes back to say a toss play is a figure of speech. He also said Charter schools ruined schooling in this state while saying Tep kids make it to college due to size, speed and ACADEMICS. He also said these are the ONLY requirements D1 POWER 5 colleges are looking for in kids. WOW!

Delco, until you see my therapist, your credibility on this forum has no standing. You have been caught in many emotional lies and when cornered, you try to 'AT' someone but at the same time, throw insults while remaining cowardly hidden behind a whole county (Delaware) of potential suspects; as your name states, so no one can possibly 'AT' you.

Until you speak the truth, you are no longer relevant here.

Rest in peace.

Woo-Si

HA ha you're a clown. Obviously you're a coach. It's ok. I get it. But your comment about charter schools is asinine. Did you mean football players or all students from tep go to college? I'll be at Hershey again this year (just Saturday), I usually sit on the 30 yard line up top closest to score board. Would love to meet you and discuss teps academic prowess. Also, maybe you can teach me what a Toss is.

I will be at Hershey but I don’t plan to be in the stands. I will tell my therapist where you will be. He’s spiritual and may have some spirits to keep you warm and help you with your emotional evaluation.

Here is information on the toss play—>

Watch this and then watch the Eagles game (it’s on now by the way, so I’m done here) and count how many toss plays they run.

Ha ha ha. Thanks for clearing that up. Be sure to make some halftime adjustments this year. And watch the penalties. They've hurt you in the past. Good luck.

Ha ha ha. That's quite the research if only my Toss comment meant only Toss. it's a figure of speech in football. Maybe it was outside zone, dive, whatever but I do believe I saw well more than A Toss in my years out there. I would love to watch the game film again. Point is, is having gone to Hershey for more than a decade I take great interest in the cosching part of the games and I think albie comes up short compared to others. Not just at Hershey but locally too. You talk pretty highly of Schmidt who was more than outcoached last year and, in my opinion, seemed rather unorganized, and struggled to motivate his players. As for fundamentals, division 1 coaches start from scratch. They don't ever say "remember what coach ----- taught you in high school?" They are more concerned with size, speed, agility and grades than they are steps, stance and start. The size and speed is exactly what the past tep teams and I'm sure the future Neumann teams will have. I have never hid my opinion regarding charter schools in our state. I think they have and will continue to ruin public education. As for football, it's my honest opinion that compared to other teams, including comparing Neumann to O'Hara this year (I was at that game too) that albies teams arent fundamentally sound. You seem to be in the know, why did albie leave tep in the first place ?

Dilly Dilly Delco...

I never said anything about charter schools Buddy. I merely deflected your argument back in your face and it hit you so hard, you forgot you were the one to give credit to the charter academic institution you said is ruining public schools in the first place. Remember, it was you, DelCo, who said "college coaches are MORE concerned with size, speed, agility. and GRADES than they are steps, stance and start" (see bold underline above). Again, this false interpretation of college recruitment has no factual substance and was merely provided out of your emotional opinions instead of a thorough observation of the facts.

Oh-geesh!! I can tell and feel you still don't get my point and you're probably staring at your family computer screen while Lil Tommy DelCo Jr is waiting patiently nearby for his turn and looking at you wondering why you have a 'Rich Kotite Deer in a Headlight' glare like what do I do now?

Remember, I said these student-athletes are in college and most of them qualified to go. You agreed because you said thats what colleges are mainly looking for; GRADES! So look at the dilemma DelCo. Those charter schools helped those students to not only get the grades to get in but also help them succeed and pass the SAT to get into highly academic institutions like Vanderbilt, Villanova and Saint Francis. YOU SAID, colleges want the grades, which these kids had and then you ended by saying these two football programs will have these type of players in the future thereby giving charter schools the credit for being able to produce current and future collegian athletes. That's what you said..

So you are the charters biggest supporter and you don't even realize it.

Dilly-Dilly DelCo..

And crowd responds "Dilly-Dilly!!!!"

I'm such a clown :)

boy, I'm starting to think you have a strong emotional attachment to albie and/or tep. It's funny I just watched Neumann rbs highlight tape, it popped up on my twitter feed, and he's the real deal but I stand by my original point which is that the fundamentals as a whole are weak. Not his but the team as a whole. It was a lot, give this kid a straight dive or outside zone or "Toss" and let him make multiple people miss and score a td. Or have your kicker, not learn how to kick but just "miskick" it and have this kid go down and cover it about 5 times this year. Or don't try extra points but instead lose
Games by 1/2/3 points (believe that happened a few times at tep). Hey, if I had the talent maybe I wouldn't worry about fundamentals
Either. That's All the original post said. My feelings toward charter schools are funding based which is neither here nor there. Enjoy your day.

By the way- Lil tommy Delco is studying for his 2nd grade spelling test tomorrow- he's struggling with the word "underachiever."

Why DelCo? Why do you continue to leave yourself open to damaging rebuttal? Why would you make me school and encourage Lil Tommy DelCo Jr to what achievement in sports really means? Now I'm screaming "WoOo-Siiii"!!!

DelCo Sr, do you really believe the loss of a state championship is considered an underachievement with a football program? So are you saying that every football program in the great state of Pennsylvania underachieved except for SIX schools?
---What about the stories these young men will carry forever?
---What about the life learned lessons these coaches throughout this GREAT STATE taught these young men so they will be better men, fantastic future fathers, honorable husbands along with being lifelong global assets to our great country?
---What about the relationships they built and the bonds they established to be able to call their teammates brother?
---Do you really believe football is all about X's and O's and W's and L's?

YOU LITERALLY JUST INSULTED THE ENTIRE STATE OF GREAT PENNSYLVANIA.

Do me a HUGE favor and don't bite the hand thats about to feed some knowledge to DelCo Jr. Inform him that COLLEGE is the first step to a life-time achievement. Now, I just explained to you the academic accomplishments of these football programs. I informed you that they have or will have student-athletes in schools as far as Florida to Southern California to Oregon to Missouri and back to Penn State. One player just became Maryland's all time leading receiver and another was Penn State's player of the week this year while another was D1AA Freshmen All American academically and athletically.

These inner city youth are getting their degrees and you call this an "underachievement'...??

Wow and DOUBLE woo-sii..

Stay safe Brother and see the real reason why these great coaches coach this awesome game; its not about Hershey, its about developing men.

You're very good at only hearing what you want you to hear. A future in politics/ or possibly a lobbyist for charter schools should be considered. All of those things you listed are tremendous. I would love names of the kids so I can follow them. I remember not to long ago there was a post about success stories from schools like the tep (maybe on easternpafootball)and the board was silent. No names to provide, no stories to tell. From north Philly to Maryland or psu is an unbelievable story. I know there have been countless players to go to big time schools but there isn't much follow up. The problem with your fundamentally flawed argument is that you have assumed I don't put stock in the building of men, you have assumed losing at state championship means you've underachieved, you've asssumed that I've been talking about life lessons. The first statement, which we will agree to disagree on, is that these teams- as talented as they are-
Are not as fundamentally sound as the others I have seen. That's it. That's all. Enjoy the rest of your week. Would love to know the names of these kids you speak of, not because I don't believe you but because they're great stories. Woooo siii.

Here are SOME D1 players:

DJ Moore- Maryland
Nasir Upshur- Florida State
Yasir Durant- Missouri
Mike Waters- Delaware State
Najee Goode- Maine
Deandre Scott- Maine
Andre Mintze- Vanderbilt
Gerald Bowman- USC Trojans
Dave Williams- Arkansas
Gordon Thomas- Temple
Aaron Ruff- Temple
Nasir Bonner- Temple
Tyreik Raynor- Temple
Amin Black- Nova
Shaka Toney- Penn State
Tyrone Barge- Rhode Island

And the list goes on............: Overachievers

neumann absolutely smoked by southern Columbia. Couldn't have happened to a better guy. Enjoy the offseason albie and Stay away from other teams players, in state and out of state. Guy can only win with top notch division 1 talent, he's proven that
I don't know Coach Albie and have no affiliation with him in any manner. Here's what I saw in the admittedly limited interaction with him. When Ryan Gillyard from SJP passed away, he and his Tep team showed up in force and paid their respects at the viewing. The young men were respectful and engaging.
I also worked the chain crew on his sideline during a Tep - SJP scrimmage. I observed the Tep coaches instruct players and hold the players accountable for their play. I can only imagine Albie has carried the same philosophy over to N-G. I can understand why he has his share of detractors. However, he gets a pass from this old timer.

Delco, can you elaborate on where you coach or coached again? You do a really nice job with taking shots at guys who you think you know, all while hiding behind an anonymous message board. If you have a coaching resume to back up your claims, I'd love to actually discuss things with you offline. I am sure judging by some of your old posts, you know how to contact me (even thought you mis-identified me a while back). Not looking for negative, just dialogue.

NOTE: I don't even know Al Crosby, so I don't have a horse in this race. But, commenting on his coaching ability when you don't really know what goes on behind the scenes of a program day in and day out is a little misguided, especially when you can remain anonymous.

I don't know Coach Albie and have no affiliation with him in any manner. Here's what I saw in the admittedly limited interaction with him. When Ryan Gillyard from SJP passed away, he and his Tep team showed up in force and paid their respects at the viewing. The young men were respectful and engaging.
I also worked the chain crew on his sideline during a Tep - SJP scrimmage. I observed the Tep coaches instruct players and hold the players accountable for their play. I can only imagine Albie has carried the same philosophy over to N-G. I can understand why he has his share of detractors. However, he gets a pass from this old timer.[/

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
You guys are right. Coaching resume dates back to 86 but no longer cosch. Just an observer who has observed a lack of fundamentals. That's all the post said. You all have taken it to another level. I simply think fundamentals are lacking, that's it. I didn't comment on his program, or his rapport, or his time and effort. Just fundamentals and gameplanning. It happens every day to cosches everywhere. It happens to Crosby and you all act like your mother was attacked. I guess My expectations with the talent he has was a little to high for you guys. Can't wait to critique my next coach. Stay tuned.

I happened to be down at NG yesterday and you should have seen all the college coaches down there yelling at Albie about "fundamentals"! NOT!

Killing you Delco. I agree with your assessment for what it's worth. I think he underachieves given his talent and wins in spite of himself . Give that talent to beck, infante, etc, schmidt, gordon. Oh wait they did that already and won a title immediately.

Killing you Delco. I agree with your assessment for what it's worth. I think he underachieves given his talent and wins in spite of himself . Give that talent to beck, infante, etc, schmidt, gordon. Oh wait they did that already and won a title immediately.
Cover - Beck has talent every year brother! He needs to get over the hump and take it to the next level, he is doing that with the open transfers that he has been getting the last 3 Years. That reminds me of the CB West days except they won. He underachieves if you look at a handful of those phenomenal teams he had that peetered out early in the playoffs...

Take it easy on Albie. The Southern Columbia beating was his penance for the orchestration of such a talented football team in less than a calendar year.

Cheers,

Busch

Last edited:
Southern Columbia a good team and I have zero doubt that if NG played Dunmore they would have taken them handily. SC just a very good team with talent to boot.

if that what's make you sleep at night. I'm not arguing sc isn't a good team, but maybe they were just fundamentally better than Neumann. Sc has some great talent but so did Neumann. Coaching and fundamentals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT