ADVERTISEMENT

Neshaminy Principal Responds to Parents

jswigand

Nov 2, 2014
Neshaminy football parents began contacting principal Rob McGee yesterday campaigning for Mark Schmidt's return. This is how McGee responded to their emails:

Hi All,

Not an option. Hopefully, a qualified assistants will step up this time.

Rob McGee, Ph.D.
Principal
Neshaminy High School

A few thoughts:

Does the guy with a Ph.D. know how to use spellcheck?

Is Neshaminy a dictatorship?

There's no way parents are going to stand by and let this clown continue to ruin their sons' careers. The administration has already proven they are inept when it comes to making a football hire (among other things). When does the school board step in and intervene?

This is going to get interesting.

Question for the board. How does your school district decide who gets hired? In other words, who has the power? In this email it would seem to suggest at Neshaminy the principal has the clout. I'n many schools the principal has no involvement with sports and the AD holds all the power. And then you have schools where the AD is more of an administrator, handling scheduling equipment election gib laity, etc and the school board holds al thecpower.

Like I said many times before, this guy wants control over the coach. Speaking with people who grew up with McGee in the Levittown area, they all tend to agree that since he was not the one to play sports as a high school kid, he wants to preside over the fact that he is ruining the kids that do play sports' career. I wouldn't and many others would not allow this guy to be trusted with their fantasy football team. These parents who he sent that Reply to - "not an option" - are the ones that pay his $140,000 salary. Btw the AD he makes $130,000, maybe this is where tbere needs to be a change.

Moscow, I'm not sure I agree with you, I never got the feeling that Dr.McGee was a control freak. Also, I have my doubts about the validity of the his letter posted above.

This post was edited on 1/24 12:31 PM by 71SKINS

The email was sent to over 100 people. You know many players and their parents. It won't be hard to confirm.

Moscow and J-Man,

Thanks for info about e-mail. If you are right, then I will man up and say so. I really hope you are wrong for several reasons that have nothing to do with you guys. You are just the messengers. Thanks!

This post was edited on 1/24 2:35 PM by 71SKINS

Re: Neshaminy Principal Respon ds to Parents

Moscow and J-Man, seems the e-mail is authentic. You guys had it right! Very ominous for Schmidt backers. I don't know where this goes now. Maybe all this talk is through 3rd parties. I've seen that happen before where parties involved never speak directly to each other. Maybe Coach hasn't made it known officially that he wants the job. I don't know, I'm just grasping for anything. How f-up would be if it just came down to a basic phone call.

s

Typically it's the school boards in D3 Speed that I know of. That was the case with Mike Whitehead replacing retiring Coach Tim Rimpfel at Cumberland Valley and Coach Chaump coming-leaving Harrisburg. Sometimes senior admins in the district are consulted as well.

You bring forth some alluring elements here, Swigy. Some possible remedies/answers to your questions:

1. Apparantly not. But he probably doesn´t need a "Spellcheck," just this new app they´ve got out called "Grammar Gus." Eliminates automatically all unneeded S´s and such or throws in necessary words like "one of the assistants..."

2. Neshaminy is not a dictatorship. It utilizes the constitutional monarchy form of government, similar to that of the United Kingdom, whereby the monarchy Should play only a ceremonial role. It would likely behoove the school to revert to its tribal system past...you know, one chief (the head football coach), and everybody else, Injuns. Was quite effective.

3. When is the school board going to intervene? Jeez, dunno. Do they have to? Was the administration "inept" in hiring Frederich? Don´t think so....an "off year" or two is pretty darn normal during such a "transitional phase," or? Did folks/fans expect the Skins to go 9-1 in the regular season and repeat their Dist. One crown? Probably. Maybe the real problem here is unrealistic expectations...

As a Neshaminy resident, it isn't a secret that the principal and AD are the best of friends. I've run into them on numerous occasions at several watering holes in a 2 mile radius.

fakemoscow you talk out your ass. I saw the AD at football, boys and girls soccer and basketball, field hockey and volleyball last season. That's the only sports I made it out to.

As for wanting Schmidt back. He quit on the team and the community. He saw the hand he was dealt this season between the change in the league and lack of talent and bailed. He deserves to be an o-line coach somewhere.

Maybe Mark should coach the team next year. He's an in-house level all star coach and a legend at LSAA. He's ready for his shot at the big time. Plus, he's tight with some board members so the hire should be a slam dunk. He can play all his friends kids that weren't good enough to play for Schmidt and prove everyone wrong.

That's funny if you think I'm Mark C. The guy talks too much. You guys should get along.

This post was edited on 1/25 7:59 PM by reluctant_to_comment

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT