ADVERTISEMENT

Neshaminy opens with North Penn

PA2CAMoleskinner

Sep 18, 2007
Some of the local teams 2018 grid schedules are set and available with Langhorne’s one of them. And in what should be plenty of fun the ‘Skns host the Knights in the season opener for both.

Following North Penn Neshaminy then hits the road for Perkasie and Pennridge before rounding out its N-L match-ups with another road trip that sees the ‘Skins visiting D-Town West.

And I wasn’t able to locate the rest of North Penn’s non-league schedule but a few of its Conference games are in place.

Anybody got any other schedules?

Last edited:
I saw this one a couple days ago in District 3: Central Dauphin starts with Wilson-West Lawn, Berks Catholic, Manheim Township and Cumberland Valley. Then, throw in Harrisburg and State College in weeks 6 and 7.

Looks like the Rams have their work cut out for them this year (and I like that cuz they are my "faves" in D3).

And Fletch, I agree that Langhorne's first three games should sharpen them up before the National Conference which might present just one challenge in Pennsbury during the traditional closeout to the regular season.

Do you have any word on how Abington or the CRs are looking? And it seems CB South is off the 'Skins schedule with William Tennent the replacement (with three straight for Neshaminy maybe the Titans wanted a break while I guess it was tough to fill in a later season opening and thus WT -- but I enjoyed seeing South).

Some of the local teams 2018 grid schedules are set and available with Langhorne’s one of them. And in what should be plenty of fun the ‘Skns host the Knights in the season opener for both.

Following North Penn Neshaminy then hits the road for Perkasie and Pennridge before rounding out its N-L match-ups with another road trip that sees the ‘Skins visiting D-Town West.

And I wasn’t able to locate the rest of North Penn’s non-league schedule but a few of its Conference games are in place.

Anybody got any other schedules?
Good timing catching Knights early with Skins having a veteran team. And like newman says, Central Dauphin has their usual slate of quality teams.
Others........Harrisburg and Coatesville will play this year. Believe Cumberland Valley plays Coatesville again as the Mid Penn continues taking on tough non-conference teams. CD-Berks is first ever encounter. Their only loss was Cathedral plus they blasted McDevitt so they can play with the big boys.

It's great to see two of the most consistent programs in the state link up for a non-league game. I'll certainly be in attendance that night...Is it August yet?!

Coatesville has to be the heavy favorite to emerge from District 1, especially considering they gave Prep all they could handle. You know North Penn will reload. GV was young so I expect to see them in the mix in the end again. Other than those three, is there another contender?

Obviously the Skins are very good year in and year out & so is Downingtown East but Beck and NP have had no success against the PCL. SJP, Wood and LaSalle in recent years have whooped NP. The knights beat Wood in a Monsoon,, LaSalle when the LS QB got hurt the week before the game. The rest of the recent games have been all PCL and not close either. SJP and Wood most likely dropped the game because they were not getting challenged.... LS kept it going because they wanted to chalk up another opening game "W".....

Emotions should be running high as Mark Schmidt is the new Defensive Coordinator at North Penn. Will be weird seeing him on the opposing sideline.

I Iike DWest, Perk Val out that way, Pridge again and maybe CB East.

It's great to see two of the most consistent programs in the state link up for a non-league game. I'll certainly be in attendance that night...Is it August yet?!

Coatesville has to be the heavy favorite to emerge from District 1, especially considering they gave Prep all they could handle. You know North Penn will reload. GV was young so I expect to see them in the mix in the end again. Other than those three, is there another contender?

It is nice seeing teams play tough non-conference games, in fact, seeking them out each year like Wilson, Central Dauphin, Neshaminy, Harrisburg, Cumberland Valley, Delaware Valley, Downingtown’s teams, LS, SJP and others do.

No one forced Wilson to play historic bad ass Manheim Central, a team many “big schools” avoid, Spring Ford and CD….or Del Val coming to Pennridge; too bad it wasn’t with last year. Harrisburg v Coatesville (Imhotep ly), Neshaminy v DWest, DEast vs PV, Roman, etc. Nice barometers for those teams and us having so many inter county/district games giving us a sense of things early.

Correct ... One and done for Beck and since NP has had 2 transfers at qb back to back I wonder who the next transfer qb will be?

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm!

Not a reference to C+C Music Factory either.....

NP NL schedule adds Neshaminy and subtracts DTE

Stalk - Just curious why you like DWest out this way? Coatesville returns maybe 80% of its starters. DWest was awful last year but they do have a good QB.

Right Chesmont, its understood Coatesville is “it”. I was talking about others that may be decent. Qb Howard is a cool customer, poised, and just a Jr with a 61% rate and +1400yds passing as a soph. 6-4, 6-5? Boo coo receivers, a number of lineman back and a decent corps at LB. Some real young talent there from ly so I think they improve big time.

Right Chesmont, its understood Coatesville is “it”. I was talking about others that may be decent. Qb Howard is a cool customer, poised, and just a Jr with a 61% rate and +1400yds passing as a soph. 6-4, 6-5? Boo coo receivers, a number of lineman back and a decent corps at LB. Some real young talent there from ly so I think they improve big time.
Milano for the most part usually puts a good offensive product on the field. Can they get the strong run stopping defense. That pretty much goes for everybody in the Chesmont!

I can't wait for the season to get underway (seems like the talent pool is spread all over the District too).

Go 'Skins!!

Fletch -

On a quick look yjey have a lot of skill guys returning starting with Brody at QB. He’s already established himself during his sophomore season as potentially one of the greats at that position. And he’s got a bunch of receivers back so his junior season numbers this year should be equally impressive.

Oleh Manzyk is back for his last season at LB/TE. He’s a stud and Is gonna be a force this year (he’s already the first Redskin to be named first team all state at two different positions).

Line wise they’ll be filling some holes as you noted so I’ll see what I csn find out and let you know.

Fletch -

On a quick look yjey have a lot of skill guys returning starting with Brody at QB. He’s already established himself during his sophomore season as potentially one of the greats at that position. And he’s got a bunch of receivers back so his junior season numbers this year should be equally impressive.

Oleh Manzyk is back for his last season at LB/TE. He’s a stud and Is gonna be a force this year (he’s already the first Redskin to be named first team all state at two different positions).

Line wise they’ll be filling some holes as you noted so I’ll see what I csn find out and let you know.

You know Skinner Man, I’ll take all those returning skill people over a vet OL when talking about the larger 6A schools. The egs are abundant at the HS level with teams like North Penn et al reloading every year along the lines. Believe the Knights rtn’d two 200 lb lineman last year. A big school like Neshaminy should have little trouble with their numbers.

Coatesville opens at Harrisburg on 8-30 then has Middletown South from NJ and Cumberland Valley to open non league games at home.

The Hebron brothers are back as seniors (Vaughn's kids) and will be handling RB duties along with Henry Hill, who was a sophomore last year and looks to have potential, and then there are some other names too who were sophs and a freshmen in 2017.

Receivers include Zack Canimore, Cory Joyce and Oleh Manzyk who had 12 catches for 128 yards, 48 for 610 and 28 for 438 respectively last season (88 catches in total for just shy of 1,200 yards).

On the line Bobby Buchys is back (6'4", 210 last year) but I haven't looked harder - but I will.

Coatesville opens at Harrisburg on 8-30 then has Middletown South from NJ and Cumberland Valley to open non league games at home.

Coatesville should be ok vs Harrisburg who has tremendous talent loss at Qb Wilkerson, DE/LB/RB Parsons and Anderson-Butts at WO unless they bale in 2nd half like last year at Cumberland Valley.

Still, a nice D core returns for Cougars. Good stuff at OLB in Burney 5-9, 205, MLB Andre White 6-3 220, SS Gantt 5-11 180, maybe enough to slow em up. Speed as usual and its Harrisburg so they’ll hit you, let you know they’re around but will have trouble containing Coatesville’s backfield.

Reactions: PastorZack
Coatesville lost 3 of their 4 wideouts, but return Bryant. The backfield looks good with Aaron and Ricky. Concerning for Coatesville is losing a lot of up front on D. They will miss Alex Raimondo more than most people realize. He was excellent as their 3T DT.

Coatesville lost 3 of their 4 wideouts, but return Bryant. The backfield looks good with Aaron and Ricky. Concerning for Coatesville is losing a lot of up front on D. They will miss Alex Raimondo more than most people realize. He was excellent as their 3T DT.
Cville also lost guard, tackle and TE. They have Santiago and Greter but have the identified who will replace those lineman? Agreed that Raimundo is a huge loss for defense. Losing Avery Young is gonna hurt too. Should be a good year as long as injury bug doesn’t hit.

Amen Pastor and Chesrmont,
Raimondo is a significant loss but they go into Harrisburg with more than Cougars return and Ortega is a special, unique difference maker at Qb. Unless they have trouble traveling early, and I'm not trying to be a bore ass on last year's CV game, they should do well.

Stalk - Cville always seems to have a hard time w the very good D3 teams. Makes me think back to the might Chesmont 4 in late 80s through mid 90s when they could never get past Jon Ritchie and Cumberland Valley and Kerry “I’ll have another one” Collins at Wilson and even some of the McCaskey teams when they were good!

Coatesville only lost their center on offense. Don't really play much with a Te and rumor has it had a Big two way lineman transfer in. Yeah I think they maybe ok. Tough non league schedule though.

They did add a transfer OL/DL but lost skill positions on O. Their TE, when used, was more inline and they went 3 wide and even motioned Dapree into the backfield some. The TE was used more for short yardage and goal line situations. They did lose jump ball threats on the outside with Avery and Kahtero.

Yes they did lose Young and Ramaindo and they will really miss both. However, if there is one thing I have learned watching Chestmont football over the years, there is always skill at the Ville.

Yes they did lose Young and Ramaindo and they will really miss both. However, if there is one thing I have learned watching Chestmont football over the years, there is always skill at the Ville.
Right on IAdelco, and in a league where offense trumps defense, I wouldn't worry about those D losses.

Right on IAdelco, and in a league where offense trumps defense, I wouldn't worry about those D losses
They did add a transfer OL/DL but lost skill positions on O. Their TE, when used, was more inline and they went 3 wide and even motioned Dapree into the backfield some. The TE was used more for short yardage and goal line situations. They did lose jump ball threats on the outside with Avery and Kahtero.
Pastor - Is the transfer an above average or a college division 1 caliber? Thanks

Schmidt not going to NP... Beck's ego prob got in the way. Shame as NP defense has been terrible. Too many top athletes to be that bad.

Skins are replacing a ton of OL/DL - what is in the pipeline?

Neshaminy usually finds linemen. This year they seem to have to replace both lines almost in full. Might be a little challenging in the NP game. Usually lines come together as the season progresses.

Skins have tons of talent at the skill positions.

Schmidt not going to NP... Beck's ego prob got in the way. Shame as NP defense has been terrible. Too many top athletes to be that bad.

Might be the other way around. Schmidt only lasted a year at LaSalle. NP could hire Lombardi for this season and they ain't beating Coatesville.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soup13 and lilromeo
Might be the other way around. Schmidt only lasted a year at LaSalle. NP could hire Lombardi for this season and they ain't beating Coatesville.
Yeah might be the case Relayer. NP will also have their hands full with Nesh,LS, PB( they gotta win one time).

Cover and Move - Where you been? No NP news/updates? Did that douche bag punk JSWigand hurt your feelings?

Another guy jealous of Beck who couldn't carry his clipboard. Sad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT