ADVERTISEMENT

Neshaminy 48-Bensalem 27

The Redskins ran the ball a lot tonight. Joel Stills had some long runs including taking the opening kickoff all the way. Surprisingly the Skins didn't throw deep like they have all year. They didn't try to get the ball to Manzyk other than short yardage runs. But they did run well. Savior Hebron had several nice runs as well.
Bensalem turned the ball over multiple times. But hit on two long passes. One a hail Mary type at the end of the first pass and an 80 yards late in the 4th as I was leaving the stadium. They also had several long runs by Harris.
Neshaminy has shown a propensity to give up big plays this year. Their offense remains explosive by run or pass, but as a Skins fan, I have to say, they will need to win some shootouts with the powerhouse teams like North Penn and DTE, and Coatesville. I don't know about the match ups with Garnet Valley and Perk Valley, they will be interesting as will Pennsbury.
Next up, Council Rock South who is playing well, and is probably complimentary to Bensalem, so it could be a tough one next week.Don't underate Bensalem, they are a pretty good foofball team especially on offense.

IM -

They looked like they were sleep walking at times. Tackling was very poor, not wrapping the runner up at all.

Tackling has been a problem most of the season. I wonder if all of the concussion worries (rightfully so) are at the root of this. You see very little old school fundamental for tackling anymore, and I think they have backed off a lot of the live tackling drills probably due to the aforementioned concussion worries.

Nesh won't make it to those teams...
That may be so, as each game depends on which Neshaminy team shows up. With that in mind, I wouldn't want to have to play them in a do or die game.
I doubt they make it to the District title game, but theyshould win in the early rounds as they seem to find a way to win against some pretty decent teams even when they play bad.
We'll see how it plays out, and as usual it will probably come down to match ups and who plays well on a given night.

Defense just needs to be better overall - better tackling will solve some of it, but not knowing or maintaining assignments in the option game is a recipe for disaster (See GV last year, Abington this year).

Reactions: IronMarshal
ADVERTISEMENT