ADVERTISEMENT

Malvern Prep

lilromeo

Gold Member
Apr 14, 2014
Malvern Prep has 134 players listed on their roster for this year and has a very tough schedule .They have had good teams and a solid program for years and wondering why St Joe doesnt schedule them?

Malvern Prep has 134 players listed on their roster for this year and has a very tough schedule .They have had good teams and a solid program for years and wondering why St Joe doesn't schedule them?
Of course for several years (2007-2015?) they did play one another. I have no idea if one or both decided to end the series.

Reactions: lilromeo
Of course for several years (2007-2015?) they did play one another. I have no idea if one or both decided to end the series.
Thanks Tulla,I knew they played in the past . Both programs have continued to improve and Thought it would be a great local event .

Looks like the roster includes the Varsity program and their freshman too, still 134 is a lot of kids for 3 teams. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think 2016 was when SJP wanted to play a more national schedule and not play a lot of local teams? Malvern/SJP would be a great matchup, both teams have some young studs in their program.

Looks like the roster includes the Varsity program and their freshman too, still 134 is a lot of kids for 3 teams. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think 2016 was when SJP wanted to play a more national schedule and not play a lot of local teams? Malvern/SJP would be a great matchup, both teams have some young studs in their program.
The Prep started playing a more "national schedule" long before 2016. Brooks took them to NY, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cleveland, etc. and Infante had them in Florida, Chicago, and Louisiana before 2016.

I never had the sense that relations between SJP and MP were particularly warm.

Reactions: Bighead75
Malvern Prep has 134 players listed on their roster for this year and has a very tough schedule .They have had good teams and a solid program for years and wondering why St Joe doesnt schedule them?
It's a tough one lilromeo; LS, Wood, ICS, RC, Rock Ck Acad, DE Mil Acad. Rock Creek (6-1) is in their 2nd year of playing football, fast forwarded with a number of recruits I imagine. They lost to St. Ed's but crushed Carroll 42-0, Germantown 48-27 and McDowell 50-10. First year?

E The Prep started playing a more "national schedule" long before 2016. Brooks took them to NY, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cleveland, etc. and Infante had them in Florida, Chicago, and Louisiana before 2016.

I never had the sense that relations between SJP and MP were particularly warm.
I did read up and saw that Trotter and Maguire (MP) have a good shot at being the starting linebackers this year at Clemson. They started last year’s bowl game together and both seem to have the inside track with a couple other LBs graduating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT